Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

I agree with everything being said. The combination of IW's attention starved personality, and the, for lack of better words, douchery that is Tom Crean, makes me nervous about this IU offer. The kid wants to be fought over.

I think once we get him up to the Elite Camp JB and Hop are going to lay the hammer down (maybe with the CM Hammer) and shoot it to him straight. However, still nervous about IU

I'm not worried about IU at all. I'd say that JB and Hop can make a pretty strong case for why to come to Syracuse instead of Indiana, give this year's NCAA matchup.

The one and ONLY reason I could see Whitehead going elsewhere at this point would be our G depth. If he looks at Ennis, Mike G, Cooney, Buss, and maybe Joseph being here and in his heart of heart Whitehead doesn't think he can beat those guys out for minutes he'll go elsewhere. If he is as good as he's advertised to be, he'll get minutes. And cuse with Hammer, and other top end players around playing BIG games on National TV is the place to be.

The one and ONLY reason I could see Whitehead going elsewhere at this point would be our G depth. If he looks at Ennis, Mike G, Cooney, Buss, and maybe Joseph being here and in his heart of heart Whitehead doesn't think he can beat those guys out for minutes he'll go elsewhere. If he is as good as he's advertised to be, he'll get minutes. And cuse with Hammer, and other top end players around playing BIG games on National TV is the place to be.
Nice job defending Cuse last night!

Just 24 hours after so and so decommitted . . . . . . . . . Crean is like a high school kid who just got dumped by some chick who really just wasn't going to ever sleep with him so now he is playing the big shot like he did the dumping and he's trying to swing that with an even hotter chick. What why would anyone fall for that BS. Crean is becoming a serious joke with his recruiting weirdness and his crappy over the top ingame coaching. Hopefully recruits begin to see this as clearly as we all do.

Just 24 hours after so and so decommitted . . . . . . . . . Crean is like a high school kid who just got dumped by some chick who really just wasn't going to ever sleep with him so now he is playing the big shot like he did the dumping and he's trying to swing that with an even hotter chick. What why would anyone fall for that BS. Crean is becoming a serious joke with his recruiting weirdness and his crappy over the top ingame coaching. Hopefully recruits begin to see this as clearly as we all do.

Agree...but I can't fault Crean for making a play for Whitehead. I think IW is a fool if he chooses IU over Cuse. JB has turned more kids into millionaires than Crean ever will. Including 4 lottery picks in the last 5 drafts, all guards. It's amazing how stupid some of these so called media experts are. You'd think that someone writing about this stuff for a living would be better informed.

If Whitehead thinks that he can't beat out Cooney, Buss, and Joseph then we don't want him.:D

If Whitehead thinks that he can't beat out Cooney, Buss, and Joseph then we don't want him.:D

Wait, need a Jack & Coke...this is supposed reason Joseph may not come to 'Cuse...guard position is filled with good players...if Whitehead and/or Joseph don't come for that reason...they don't deserve to play with 'Cuse...a selector school...
It's Good to be 'Cuse!!!

All of this talk about guards being unsure of playing time makes me excited for the Ennis Era to begin. Seems like everyone knows how good Tyler is and that minutes will be sparse behind him.

All of this talk about guards being unsure of playing time makes me excited for the Ennis Era to begin. Seems like everyone knows how good Tyler is and that minutes will be sparse behind him.

It's really a catch-22. If he is as good as people are making him out to be, then recruits shouldn't mind coming here because Ennis wont be around too long. If he isn't as good, then they shouldn't mind coming in and taking his spot.

I'll give Crean (the wierdo) credit for developing DWade and Oladipo, but for Christ's sakes, who would want to play for that douche when you can play for a legend in the best conference in the nation?

Also, when it comes down to it, all these kids attend the same camps, and learn from the same coaching philosophies as every other kid. A very high portion of the drills and teachings that the kids receive, not just from high school coaches, but college coaches as well, are all the same. Its up to the kid to feed into what is being taught, and to put in the work to become an NBA prospect. The major stepping stones for a kid who has NBA aspirations is who can provide the better competition to compete against; who has the better facilities; who can showcase and expose their game the best; who can provide the best atmosphere for success; who, if it is desired, can provide the best opportunity for their family to watch them succeed?

A system that is taught, such as zone vs man to man could be considered, but again, the drills and preparations for game play are all relatively the same.

So, if IW takes all these things into account and decides to choose IU then him. We have proven that we want him more by recruiting him the longest and hardest. We have been loyal to him, and if he doesn't want to return the loyalty, then thats his loss. We'll be just fine and he can go "watch paint dry" in the B1G bag of of a conference. We continue to roll into NCAA tournaments in a better conference, with better comp, with bigger better crowds, more TV exposure, and better facilities. N.B.D.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

What will the guard situation be next season?

Ennis - probably be here
Cooney - definitely
Buss - definitely
New guard - definitely?
Gbinije/BJ - definitely at least one of them, probably both of them

There will be at least three other guards to compete with. Let's say he is as good as advertised and averages between 20 and 26 minutes/game and Ennis gets 30 (if he's still here). That leaves 24 to 30 minutes per game between Cooney, Buss, another freshman guard and, depending on how this season goes, either Gbinije and/or BJ. If BJ and/or Gbinije excel at the two, especially up top in the 2-3, that really squeezes the playing time because both could be beasts playing guard.

So if Ennis is still here getting 30/80 minutes and BJ/Gbinije get 10-15/80 and Whitehead gets at least 20/80, that's only 15-20 minutes, at most to split between three players. If everyone is cool with sharing minutes and sacrifice for what could be on paper the favorite to win it all, that would be great. If Whitehead comes to SU, any chance a guard redshirts or transfers?

I'm not worried about IU at all. I'd say that JB and Hop can make a pretty strong case for why to come to Syracuse instead of Indiana, give this year's NCAA matchup.
I'll give Crean (the wierdo) credit for developing DWade and Oladipo, but for Christ's sakes, who would want to play for that douche when you can play for a legend in the best conference in the nation?

Also, when it comes down to it, all these kids attend the same camps, and learn from the same coaching philosophies as every other kid. A very high portion of the drills and teachings that the kids receive, not just from high school coaches, but college coaches as well, are all the same. Its up to the kid to feed into what is being taught, and to put in the work to become an NBA prospect. The major stepping stones for a kid who has NBA aspirations is who can provide the better competition to compete against; who has the better facilities; who can showcase and expose their game the best; who can provide the best atmosphere for success; who, if it is desired, can provide the best opportunity for their family to watch them succeed?

A system that is taught, such as zone vs man to man could be considered, but again, the drills and preparations for game play are all relatively the same.

So, if IW takes all these things into account and decides to choose IU then him. We have proven that we want him more by recruiting him the longest and hardest. We have been loyal to him, and if he doesn't want to return the loyalty, then thats his loss. We'll be just fine and he can go "watch paint dry" in the B1G bag of of a conference. We continue to roll into NCAA tournaments in a better conference, with better comp, with bigger better crowds, more TV exposure, and better facilities. N.B.D.

DJS... can you tell us how you really feel about it?

All kidding aside, you are spot on brother.

DJS... can you tell us how you really feel about it?

All kidding aside, you are spot on brother.

That's the best I got my man LOL ... Don't get me wrong, I want the kid to come to Cuse as much as anyone, but our program is not contingent upon IW coming to the hill... Its a great opportunity for him. Hopefully he realizes it and relishes in it.

That's the best I got my man LOL ... Don't get me wrong, I want the kid to come to Cuse as much as anyone, but our program is not contingent upon IW coming to the hill... Its a great opportunity for him. Hopefully he realizes it and relishes in it.

My take on it is this: Jimmy B believes that if he can land Whitehead that his quest for a 2nd National Championship will likely be fruitful. The fact that Whitehead has developed his 3 point shot has got to have the staff salivating for his services. With the parts that have been assembled the addition of a player like Whitehead puts us at the top of the heap, no doubt!

A one handed crossover? Is that a thing? I'd love an explanation... I wonder if it's an "in and out"
Yes. It's an "in and out"...has the same effect as a cross over. Definitely a misnomer on my part. Either way, best I've seen at full speed since pearl.

What will the guard situation be next season?

Ennis - probably be here
Cooney - definitely
Buss - definitely
New guard - definitely?
Gbinije/BJ - definitely at least one of them, probably both of them

There will be at least three other guards to compete with. Let's say he is as good as advertised and averages between 20 and 26 minutes/game and Ennis gets 30 (if he's still here). That leaves 24 to 30 minutes per game between Cooney, Buss, another freshman guard and, depending on how this season goes, either Gbinije and/or BJ. If BJ and/or Gbinije excel at the two, especially up top in the 2-3, that really squeezes the playing time because both could be beasts playing guard.

So if Ennis is still here getting 30/80 minutes and BJ/Gbinije get 10-15/80 and Whitehead gets at least 20/80, that's only 15-20 minutes, at most to split between three players. If everyone is cool with sharing minutes and sacrifice for what could be on paper the favorite to win it all, that would be great. If Whitehead comes to SU, any chance a guard redshirts or transfers?
Just move BJ and Mike G to the 3

I think BJ will naturally move to the 3. He's young and might end up 6'8 or even 6'9. He's already 6'7 1/2.
MikeG might end up a tweener and be able to fill in anywhere from 1-3.
So, I think you might be right on with that.

Yes, because Grant, Roberson & McCullough won't have a say in whether any minutes will be available there!

Especially if DC2 & Rak are still around.

It's a great problem to have. Can you imagine the epic battles at practice? They could do inter-squad scrimmages at the dome and charge $ for that and still get a couple thousand fans!

Yes, because Grant, Roberson & McCullough won't have a say in whether any minutes will be available there!

It's a great problem to have. Can you imagine the epic battles at practice? They could do inter-squad scrimmages at the dome and charge $ for that and still get a couple thousand fans!
Good call.

Stacked.

Some or all of them can play the 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom