Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

Who else would pay to watch practice matchups of PG- Ennis SG- Mike G SF-McCulough PF- Grant C- DC2 VS PG- Joseph SG - Whitehead SF- BJ PF- Roberson C - Rak with Cooney, Buss, and Obokoh in wherever else ya want? Nat title and those guys would be ready for anybody playing eachother in practice every day.

Who else would pay to watch practice matchups of PG- Ennis SG- Mike G SF-McCulough PF- Grant C- DC2 VS PG- Joseph SG - Whitehead SF- BJ PF- Roberson C - Rak with Cooney, Buss, and Obokoh in wherever else ya want? Nat title and those guys would be ready for anybody playing eachother in practice every day.
Sign me up for that. Probably better than most SEC and Big (whatever they call themselves) games.

I'll give Crean (the wierdo) credit for developing DWade and Oladipo, but for Christ's sakes, who would want to play for that douche when you can play for a legend in the best conference in the nation?

Also, when it comes down to it, all these kids attend the same camps, and learn from the same coaching philosophies as every other kid. A very high portion of the drills and teachings that the kids receive, not just from high school coaches, but college coaches as well, are all the same. Its up to the kid to feed into what is being taught, and to put in the work to become an NBA prospect. The major stepping stones for a kid who has NBA aspirations is who can provide the better competition to compete against; who has the better facilities; who can showcase and expose their game the best; who can provide the best atmosphere for success; who, if it is desired, can provide the best opportunity for their family to watch them succeed?

A system that is taught, such as zone vs man to man could be considered, but again, the drills and preparations for game play are all relatively the same.

So, if IW takes all these things into account and decides to choose IU then him. We have proven that we want him more by recruiting him the longest and hardest. We have been loyal to him, and if he doesn't want to return the loyalty, then thats his loss. We'll be just fine and he can go "watch paint dry" in the B1G bag of of a conference. We continue to roll into NCAA tournaments in a better conference, with better comp, with bigger better crowds, more TV exposure, and better facilities. N.B.D.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
comment-friday-damn.jpg

Better than a Duke team with Jahil and Tyus? Serious Question... I'm worried about that...

Better than a Duke team with Jahil and Tyus? Serious Question... I'm worried about that...
Absolutely. Jahil and Tyus are fantastic players and don't get me wrong, would not call for a cakewalk. However, just on sheer talent McCullough is right there with them. DC2, Whitehead, Ennis, and Joseph are very close. And the kind of depth we'd have would allow us to play in ways we never really have. Foul trouble? Who cares... there's 3-4 very good players at every single position. Need to play defensive? Buss, MikeG, Grant, Roberson, Rak. Shoot a big three? Ennis, Cooney, Whitehead, MikeG, BJ. Rebound, press, fast, long etc etc... we could adjust to any type of game and not just have players that could do it... very good to great players that could do it. 13 guys that in a different year could all legitimately start for us.

Cal has had so much raw talent come through, that the all star games should be a UK showcase in the NBA, but they aren't.

Heck, even Ant Davis, whom everyone thought was a shoe-in for stardom is still undersized weight-wise and can't stay healthy.

(BTW - I was calling him a poor man's Marcus Camby and I stand by it).

A guy like Whitehead doesn't need a coach that runs around screaming on the sidelines, just like Dion didn't need that. Cal and Crean look like they are going to have heart attacks all game long. He needs someone who is calm and in control, like JB. He needs the CEO coach, not the drill sergeant.

Good post.

Just a video of McCullough and Whitehead tearing it up together. Something they could and should be doing together.

Holy flock that was great.

Now with KJ in the mix I still think we can get Whitehead. KJ is a facilitating pg, whitehead is a scorer that would still fit. KJ is not a reason for Whitehead to stay away. Only if he can't beat out Cooney and MikeG should he go elsewhere.

Now with KJ in the mix I still think we can get Whitehead. KJ is a facilitating pg, whitehead is a scorer that would still fit. KJ is not a reason for Whitehead to stay away. Only if he can't beat out Cooney and MikeG should he go elsewhere.
Exactly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom