Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

By all accounts IW is an offensive force, a great talent who can create shots and dominate an opponent, and a sure fire pro. I don't see why we wouldn't want him. The best players play period. Nobody is promised anything, the PT is earned. I think every guy on the team knows that. Some people are concerned about IW's supposed ego even though they've never met him. Since I've never talked to him, I'll trust in JB and staff to make the right decision.
I completely agree. I really feel that for some reason everyone in this forum is giving Whitehead a bad rep. A lot of the attitude issues, ego, etc were problems that, according to everything that I've heard from this summer, is in the past with him. He's improved not only his game but his attitude and selflessness this summer. We don't know the kid personally, so let's stop making assumptions. If his attitude is that bad, JB and the staff wouldn't be recruiting him. I trust their opinion on a player over anyone else who's just going off of hearsay.

If only some insider on this board is told us that we were not going to get IW after Joseph committed. Where is this information when we need it? :mad:;)

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
Please be fair. 50-50 fair. ;)

You snooze, you lose.

Via At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. -

"Whitehead will visit Indiana first, but a date has not yet been scheduled. Whitehead will not take an official visit to Syracuse, and the source indicated Whitehead has eliminated the Orange from his list of potential suitors. Guard Kaleb Josephcommitted to Syracuse last weekend."

You snooze, you lose.

Via -

"Whitehead will visit Indiana first, but a date has not yet been scheduled. Whitehead will not take an official visit to Syracuse, and the source indicated Whitehead has eliminated the Orange from his list of potential suitors. GuardKaleb Josephcommitted to Syracuse last weekend."
Yeah I think he eliminated Syracuse about the time JB let him know Syracuse no longer had a scholarship for him. Kinda like when I decide to leave a bar the moment after the bouncer tosses me out.

Yeah I think he eliminated Syracuse about the time JB let him know Syracuse no longer had a scholarship for him. Kinda like when I decide to leave a bar the moment after the bouncer tosses me out.
:rolling:
That was pretty good.
Eh, so be it. I love Whitehead's game, and he will score in bunches. Wanted him here and since he plays the 2, I thought there was room. I was wrong. Nevertheless, still just as excited as we got our guy in Kaleb and that he wanted to be here.

Not going to bash Whithead now. Just, that maybe we stay away from Lincoln guards? Going forward? :)

:rolling:
That was pretty good.
Eh, so be it. I love Whitehead's game, and he will score in bunches. Wanted him here and since he plays the 2, I thought there was room. I was wrong. Nevertheless, still just as excited as we got our guy in Kaleb and that he wanted to be here.

Not going to bash Whithead now. Just, that maybe we stay away from Lincoln guards? Going forward? :)
Not to bash him. Still a heck of a player and if teams were allowed 15 scholarships I'm sure we'd be still after him. But it looks like the staff has decided the gains we get from holding the scholarship for a 2015 big fish outweigh what Whitehead would give us over Cooney, MikeG, and Buss.

Not to bash him. Still a heck of a player and if teams were allowed 15 scholarships I'm sure we'd be still after him. But it looks like the staff has decided the gains we get from holding the scholarship for a 2015 big fish outweigh what Whitehead would give us over Cooney, MikeG, and Buss.
I don't know. We could have 50 scholarships why compete when you can have something handed to you?

I don't know. We could have 50 scholarships why compete when you can have something handed to you?
I don't think we would have recruited the kid this long if he wasn't a very good player and competitor. I think its just a numbers game. In the end JB and staff decided we'd rather have another scholly available to offer the Jones, Bryant, Diallo, Briscoe, Richardson, Diagne group in 2015 than have Whitehead in 2014 with 3 SGs and a combo in Joseph already on board. If we don't get Joseph, we're still after Whitehead and he has an official planned for cuse right now.

I don't think we would have recruited the kid this long if he wasn't a very good player and competitor. I think its just a numbers game. In the end JB and staff decided we'd rather have another scholly available to offer the Jones, Bryant, Diallo, Briscoe, Richardson, Diagne group in 2015 than have Whitehead in 2014 with 3 SGs and a combo in Joseph already on board. If we don't get Joseph, we're still after Whitehead and he has an official planned for cuse right now.

Now that it appears we are focused on the 2015 class, which of these guys are the primary targets? Who do we want/need more than the others. Obviously we can't add them all...

I guess we were all busy getting the "Welcome Goodluck" banners ready based on the same info lol.
Not if you could read. The poster said he was the one guy in the class we were still considering. Either we or he said no. The same poster also said weeks ago we were good on Joseph, then when Joseph committed said we would not get IW.

Not if you could read. The poster said he was the one guy in the class we were still considering. Either we or he said no. The same poster also said weeks ago we were good on Joseph, then when Joseph committed said we would not get IW.
Actually no that's not all that was said. "are we getting goodluck? There's work to be done, but we are right there." But who cares unless you want to be condescending... in fact let me be clear, Jake has NOTHING to do with this. He's a fantastic poster with a lot of great info. We all have opinions and we're on the same side. Nobody is right all the time and I'd never try and spike the ball for one wrong opinion when there's many dozens of my own out there to show lol. But for some reason you think if you get your tongue far enough inside it will actually do something for you. I actually happened to be dead right on this one. I said the staff would decide on IW and I'd be happy either way and we had no shot at Goodluck. But I wouldn't be enough of an azzhat as to try and make a point of that unless someone makes an obnoxious post like that one. How about this... post about basketball and recruiting? We all have opinions and sometimes you'll be on the correct side, sometimes ya wont. And we not waste time trying to point out every occurrence of the former? Or if your ego REALLY needs to find occurrences where I was WAY off message me and I'll send ya a list of as many as ya need to feel better about yourself.

Actually no that's not all that was said. "are we getting goodluck? There's work to be done, but we are right there." But who cares unless you want to be condescending... in fact let me be clear, Jake has NOTHING to do with this. He's a fantastic poster with a lot of great info. We all have opinions and we're on the same side. Nobody is right all the time and I'd never try and spike the ball for one wrong opinion when there's many dozens of my own out there to show lol. But for some reason you think if you get your tongue far enough inside it will actually do something for you. I actually happened to be dead right on this one. I said the staff would decide on IW and I'd be happy either way and we had no shot at Goodluck. But I wouldn't be enough of an azzhat as to try and make a point of that unless someone makes an obnoxious post like that one. How about this... post about basketball and recruiting? We all have opinions and sometimes you'll be on the correct side, sometimes ya wont. And we not waste time trying to point out every occurrence of the former? Or if your ego REALLY needs to find occurrences where I was WAY off message me and I'll send ya a list of as many as ya need to feel better about yourself.
No worries. Deleted my knee jerk reac.

I'm very happy with getting Joseph, but I won't lie - I am disappointed we are out on Whitehead. I feel that kid has the potential to be a real, real special player. Cuse has been on him for a long time.

I'm very happy with getting Joseph, but I won't lie - I am disappointed we are out on Whitehead. I feel that kid has the potential to be a real, real special player. Cuse has been on him for a long time.
I'll only feel bad retroactively if we were to strike out on targets in '15. But if we get the crop we're hoping for, it'll be the right decision.

I'll only feel bad retroactively if we were to strike out on targets in '15. But if we get the crop we're hoping for, it'll be the right decision.
Briscoe
Richardson
D. Jones
Diagne
Bryant
Diallo

I think we get:
Richardson or Derrick Jones
Diagne or Diallo
Bryant

I like Briscoe's game, would like to land him but I don't know how this pans out, wide range of suitors which doesn't make me feel confident.
Richardson, Bryant and Diagne or
Jones, Bryant and Diagne.

Seems sensible on the surface, but this is 2015 we're talking about, and I'm only talking about it now as our 2014 plans were traveling on an express train.

Francis and others, anyone else we take a chance on late 2014? And what do you think of my assumptions in bold?

Briscoe
Richardson
D. Jones
Diagne
Bryant
Diallo

I think we get:
Diagne or Diallo
Bryant

I like Briscoe's game, would like to land him but I don't know how this pans out, many suitors which doesn't make me feel confident.

Seems sensible on the surface, but this is 2015 we're talking about, and I'm only talking about it now as our 2014 plans were traveling on an express train.

Francis and others, anyone else we take a chance on late 2014? And what do you think of my assumptions in bold?
My understanding is Jones will pop in November so I don't think he's either or with anyone... although you could be right if they feel he and Richardson are both 2/3's. Theres so many moving parts though. How many guy between now and when decisions are made go early and at what spots? We approach things very differently if Ennis is a 2 year guy and Roberson is hear 4 years than the vice versa. I think Jones or Bryant is a MUST and Diallo or Diagne is a MUST. After that are we losing Roberson, Grant, and Mcullough by then? Then get Jones AND Bryant. Losing Ennis? Briscoe would be GREAT but he seems like AZ. Maybe Francis can enlighten us to another good '15 PG. MikeG leaving? Richardson (or Jones). My DREAM class... Jones, Bryant, Diallo, Briscoe

My understanding is Jones will pop in November so I don't think he's either or with anyone... although you could be right if they feel he and Richardson are both 2/3's. Theres so many moving parts though. How many guy between now and when decisions are made go early and at what spots? We approach things very differently if Ennis is a 2 year guy and Roberson is hear 4 years than the vice versa. I think Jones or Bryant is a MUST and Diallo or Diagne is a MUST. After that are we losing Roberson, Grant, and Mcullough by then? Then get Jones AND Bryant. Losing Ennis? Briscoe would be GREAT but he seems like AZ. Maybe Francis can enlighten us to another good '15 PG. MikeG leaving? Richardson (or Jones). My DREAM class... Jones, Bryant, Diallo, Briscoe
Tough to tell with both Malachi and Jones as they have time to develop. So yeah, not sure what position either end up. But we are set for PG either way. Kaleb is going to lead this team if Ennis leaves early. He is and will stay a true point guard.
I'm guessing by 2015, at least two of Grant/Roberson/McCullough leave early. Talent is scary between those three gentlemen.

So, I think Bryant is going to be a huge priority for us. I really hope to catch Briscoe, Diagne (again) if they play in that local tourney by me. Good news is that Fios will be playing a bunch of Trenton Catholic, Roselle Catholic and Pope John's games.

Briscoe
Richardson
D. Jones
Diagne
Bryant
Diallo

I think we get:
Diagne or Diallo
Bryant

I like Briscoe's game, would like to land him but I don't know how this pans out, wide range of suitors which doesn't make me feel confident.

Saw Diallo at the Nike ToC, kid was an animal down low. strong body, goes up aggressively, good on the boards. Would love to get him.

Briscoe
Richardson
D. Jones
Diagne
Bryant
Diallo

I think we get:
Diagne or Diallo
Bryant

All of those players in bold are possible but I think realistically as things stand now that we'll end up with 3. Bryant, then either Malachi/Jones, Diallo/Diagne. I think we're done for 2014. Gotta save those ships for 2015.

Watched a full game recently of Bryant Crawford and he's really really good with plenty of upside. Hopefully he makes it to the Elite Camp, but he has been dealing with an injury that kept him out of the evaluation period last month.

Watched a full game recently of Bryant Crawford and he's really really good with plenty of upside. Hopefully he makes it to the Elite Camp, but he has been dealing with an injury that kept him out of the evaluation period last month.
Nfw is Roberson in this joint 4 years...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom