Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

how'd mccullough do?
Remember these are all-star games where there is no team concept. So you get a lot of 1-on-1 playground play. By all accounts Whitehead made great strides in playing team oriented ball for his HS and AAU teams.

Remember these are all-star games where there is no team concept. So you get a lot of 1-on-1 playground play. By all accounts Whitehead made great strides in playing team oriented ball for his HS and AAU teams.

Bingo. As I said, it was Briscoe vs. Whitehead most of the game.

Exactly. During AAU, all I've heard about Whitehead is that he's made great strides in improving his shot selection, attitude, and becoming more of a selfless player. We have to remember these games that they are playing in right now are more all-star type games which are in no way structured.

Jake's opinion is a VERY, VERY informed one. Its not just his gut.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
He said we have no shot at IW, and I said we do have a shot. i dont think we have a shot with GL he said we do, no biggie. Implying you think I'm going on my gut is very naive. And I do respect jakes opinion for the record.

He said we have no shot at IW, and I said we do have a shot. i dont think we have a shot with GL he said we do, no biggie. Implying you think I'm going on my gut is very naive. And I do respect jakes opinion for the record.
That's not what he said. He said we are not getting IW. There is a diffrence. There are a lot of players who would love to come to SU that we don't take. (Ricky Ledo for example).
A good mean the staff wanted 1 front court player and 1 guard in this class. The identified Joseph as the one guy they wanted wanted.
That said, they may take a flyer on a developmental big man like Goodluck.

That's not what he said. He said we are not getting IW. There is a diffrence. There are a lot of players who would love to come to SU that we don't take. (Ricky Ledo for example).
A good mean the staff wanted 1 front court player and 1 guard in this class. The identified Joseph as the one guy they wanted wanted.
That said, they may take a flyer on a developmental big man like Goodluck.

I think GL goes to IU or Duke.

what the deuce happened with Jakeenan Grant, did we just not want him?

what the deuce happened with Jakeenan Grant, did we just not want him?
Similar size and skillset as McCullough, so there wasn't much of a need there. Tbh not even sure if he had an actual offer. Said in an interview that he had never spoken to the staff and read about the so called offer on the internet lol. Staff never watched him play or shown any interest during the spring and summer. IMHO if you're not speaking to JB or Hop, then you don't have an offer.

Similar size and skillset as McCullough, so there wasn't much of a need there. Tbh not even sure if he had an actual offer. Said in an interview that he had never spoken to the staff and read about the so called offer on the internet lol. Staff never watched him play or shown any interest during the spring and summer. IMHO if you're not speaking to JB or Hop, then you don't have an offer.
Word. Internet and twitter play tricks on me all the time.
#Damn_you_twitter!
Wait. Did I do that right?
:)

Still a talented player..

Oh hwell.

A lot of rumblings that 2G '14 Robert Johnson may commit to Hoosiers on an official visit this weekend. This one may not be over...

A lot of rumblings that 2G '14 Robert Johnson may commit to Hoosiers on an official visit this weekend. This one may not be over...
whitehead to minnesota.

Wait, what? Whitehead confirmed?
If so, edowd: you are a slippery one since you beat the internet to it.
Or shall I call you Isaiah? You are still edowd, right?
:)

LOLcats-interesting.jpeg

If we are all saying he should have the competitiveness to come here and beat out guys ahead of him, then why wouldn't he have the competitiveness and ego to think he could easily beat out a fellow freshman rated lower than he is by every scouting service.

Maybe he embraces the competition...maybe he doesn't and ends up at St. John's like Sheed Jordan.

Gonna be fun to watch this play out.

For what it's worth from Telep.

• ESPN 100 PG Kaleb Joseph (Nashua, N.H./Cushing Academy) commits to Syracuse: A few weeks after trimming his list to just three schools, Joseph saw all he needed to see while on his official visit to Syracuse and made his decision on Saturday afternoon.

Other Programs Impacted: Providence, West Virginia

Other Prospects Impacted: Isaiah Whitehead (Brooklyn/Lincoln), Jevon Carter (Maywood, Ill./Proviso East)

What’s Next? Providence was swinging for the fences with a potential fab five of Joseph, Jalen Lindsey (Franklin, Tenn./Huntington Prep), Jared Terrell (Weymouth, Mass./Brewster Academy), Abdul-Malik Abu (Marblehead, Mass./Kimball Union), and Paschal Chukwu (Fairfield, Conn./Fairfield Prep). With Lindsey already on board, the Friars will keep working on the remaining three while expanding their guard list. West Virginia should be in a good position to move on with Carter, who is expected to visit in the near future. As for how Joseph’s commitment impacts Whitehead, opinions are mixed among our staff. My take is that he’s too talented for Syracuse to pass up on, especially since he’s capable of coming in and starting next to Tyler Ennis right away next year, regardless of who may be returning.

If Silent G returns...

Is Whitehead THAT talented to start at the 2 infront of him?

I find it hard to believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom