Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

I know it happens but it's just crazy to see the way Tiny is pimping Whitehead for job offers...

Lincoln, Lincoln, Lincoln...

everyone really needs to go read the quotes from the press conference.

@AdamZagoria
Tiny Morton: "I expect to be the coach at Lincoln until somebody offers me a [college] job...Help me out."

@AdamZagoria
Morton says he "definitely" wants to be a college coach and his expertise is the NY/NJ area.

@AdamZagoria
Isaiah on if he would like to see SHU hire Tiny: "Definitely, that would make me even more comfortable."

@AdamZagoria
Whitehead also said he'd love to play with Isaiah Briscoe if he's not one-and done

@AdamZagoria
Tiny Morton said he spoke to Steve Lavin today and asked him whey they didn't a spot for him at #stjbb
Are these real? If so...

Holy poop.

BTW...How assinine does "Taking my talents to Seton Hall" sound?
I hate the "take my talents" line. What are you, a seamstress? Sounds goofy and even more stupid that it has become cliche. That would mean that it had cache to start.

Congrats to our staff, who foresaw today's recruiting shitshow long before it occurred.

-

The only thing that baffles me is why the staff chose to expend so much time and effort to begin with.

Congrats to our staff, who foresaw today's recruiting shitshow long before it occurred.

-
Good call all the while, Jake. Sorry I doubted you on this one. And so very glad this drama is not brought up to our campus.

The only thing that baffles me is why the staff chose to expend so much time and effort to begin with.
His ability. So enticing. How Kentucky was never involved seems even stranger. IW is legit and scorers are hard to come by.
I hope that JB plays keep away with Lincoln for a good long while.

With all the petty crap the NCAA enforces in recruiting how can they allow the corruption of hiring a kid's high school or AAU coach as a bribe in order to land a recruit? The underground part of the deal also probably involves said coach then passing $$$ back to the recruit's family in some manner. What a great job by the NCAA to turn a blind eye to this nonsense.

SJUBall:

laughingandpointing.gif

tumblr_m77tctejAB1rqz17ho1_500.gif

That is all.

Actually, when I found out that Tiny Morton was orchestrating this to get himself a job, I was happy to bequeath him upon Seton Hall. Lavin wanted no part of Tiny Morton, and I'm glad he didn't. Seton Hall decided to sell out to get him. Good riddance. I'd have loved Whitehead the player, but at what cost? No thanks...

Actually, when I found out that Tiny Morton was orchestrating this to get himself a job, I was happy to bequeath him upon Seton Hall. Lavin wanted no part of Tiny Morton, and I'm glad he didn't. Seton Hall decided to sell out to get him. Good riddance. I'd have loved Whitehead the player, but at what cost? No thanks...
Seriously, aside from the ribbing I gave you, can't say I blame you. This is whole thing smells of corruption. That two people yapped on and on (Morton being one of them) before IW even gets the microphone, was such a farce to begin with.

The situation is dirty and troublesome. Should never have been about the coach, money or anything else but Whitehead.

This is the entire thread in a nutshell.
This dirtiness should stop. If SJU was legit in their recruitment and this is how they lost out, that is terrible.
Seriously, aside from the ribbing I gave you, can't say I blame you. This is whole thing smells of corruption. That two people yapped on and on (Morton being one of them) before IW even gets the microphone, was such a farce to begin with.

The whole thing is dirty and troublesome. Should never have been about the coach, money or anything else but Whitehead.

Sad thing is that Lavin and Co. made another legit pitch last night and I hear it went great. Lavs has been on Whitehead for years now. The Hall called them up and offered Morton and apparently a roster spot for his son too or something to that effect. Remember that Morton petitioned for the SJU Assistant job last season and Lavin wanted nothing to do with him.

Well it looks like Lavin got a bit played by a Tiny Morton who figured he'd use Lavin and SJU to squeeze Willard and the Hall for a golden deal for himself. It's sleazy but legal. SJU and just about everybody could use Whitehead on their roster, but not this way. I'm glad Lavin said "no" to Morton, even if we got a bit played. SJU comes out looking better and the Hall and Whitehead look terrible in this one.

Lavin will have no problem landing somebody else that doesn't come attatched with a leech like Morton. Like I said, I'm more than happy to pass here. SJU has 3 top 50 guards on the roster entering next year any way. We'll "make do" with what we have.

P.S. I do think Willard and Tiny probably bought themselves trips to Carnesecca Arena instead of the Garden every year with this one though. Lol

Sad thing is that Lavin and Co. made another legit pitch last night and I hear it went great. Lavs has been on Whitehead for years now. The Hall called them up and offered Morton and apparently a roster spot for his son too or something to that effect. Remember that Morton petitioned for the SJU Assistant job last season and Lavin wanted nothing to do with him.

Well it looks like Lavin got a bit played by a Tiny Morton who figured he'd use Lavin and SJU to squeeze Willard and the Hall for a golden deal for himself. It's sleazy but legal. SJU and just about everybody could use Whitehead on their roster, but not this way. I'm glad Lavin said "no" to Morton, even if we got a bit played. SJU comes out looking better and the Hall and Whitehead look terrible in this one.

Lavin will have no problem landing somebody else that doesn't come attatched with a leech like Morton. Like I said, I'm more than happy to pass here. SJU has 3 top 50 guards on the roster entering next year any way. We'll "make do" with what we have.

Ok Sisyphus.

Still shocked that it's allowed. They should separate coaches with recruits and this just seems to be a sneaky way around being labelled "dirty" recruiting.

Agree about Johnnies. Everyone "could" be better with IW. But Johnnies didn't need him. Talented. Just a matter of taking the next step...

To be realistic... if there wasn't something very odd about this recruitment in the first place there's no way a mid-major like SJU is there to the end with a kid of Whitehead's talent.

P.S. I do think Willard and Tiny probably bought themselves trips to Carnesecca Arena instead of the Garden every year with this one though. Lol

Been asking for 6 months why every A-List program had backed off of the best guard in NYC. Today gave us the clear answer.

Tiny Morton: "Coach Boeheim, Isaiah would love to play for the Cuse...and I like the weather up there.
How about you get rid of one of the alums sitting on your bench...just ditch one of the all-SU asst. coaches on your staff...and hire me"?
JB: "Ummm....let's see...how about...NO! Kaleb Joseph, COME ON DOWN"!!! (Drops mic and walks off).

Been asking for 6 months why every A-List program had backed off of the best guard in NYC. Today gave us the clear answer.

Tiny Morton: "Coach Boeheim, Isaiah would love to play for the Cuse...and I like the weather up there.
How about you get rid of one of the alums sitting on your bench...just ditch one of the all-SU asst. coaches on your staff...and hire me"?
JB: "Ummm....let's see...how about...NO! Kaleb Joseph, COME ON DOWN"!!! (Drops mic and walks off).

The sad part is there's more truth than parody in that post.

Really wish I could get the whole story of SU's involvement.