Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

but will they be eligible...
but will they be eligible...
Seton Hall is such a dumpy school and location in NJ ,it hard to imagine what this kid is seeing or was promised. I've known a former director there for a very long times o I always had great seats when Syracuse came to the Byrne Arena. The only problem was that I was in the Seton Hall prime ticket location with their fans. When we had that long streak of beating them finally coming to an end the SH fan in back of me got more than rowdy. The look on his face when I stood up and tuned around was priceless. I was a row down from him and I was still taller than him. He sat down and that was the end of the nasty vocabulary and vitriolic attitude.When it was over I turned and said "Good game " and he said "thanks"and that was it. The school is in a very poor neighbor hood near East Orange and Newark. It doesn't get much worse than that in NJ.At least it wasn't Irvington which is one of the worse towns in the state ad one of the more dangerous. locations adjacent to Newark.:eek:

To be realistic... if there wasn't something very odd about this recruitment in the first place there's no way a mid-major like SJU is there to the end with a kid of Whitehead's talent.

Ouch! But true. Lavin has them on track to be one of the best Mid's out there and I hope St John's does well in the future and we continue to play them.

Kaleb,

Thank you believing in SU. Thank you for bringing the meaning back to the words dream school. Thank you for not wavering and dragging this process out. And a very big thank you for your speed, handles and passing.

Signed,
Us
Signed,
Thee. University. Of .Syracuse

So congrats to Isiah he gets his wish. He gets to be the face of the program, albeit Seton Hall's program (cue crickets). He gets his 1 year NBA audition where he can be "the man", play 35 minutes a game, and get up 25 shots. Congrats you just became Jeremy Hazell. I wanted Whitehead all along, but its turns out these coaches of ours know what they are doing. This seems to be a ticking time bomb, good thing we are out of the blast radius.

The only thing that baffles me is why the staff chose to expend so much time and effort to begin with.

Because we needed to land a top notch lead guard prospect this class. We had three very good players in the queue, but got our top choice.

To be realistic... if there wasn't something very odd about this recruitment in the first place there's no way a mid-major like SJU is there to the end with a kid of Whitehead's talent.

I told you SJU is as deep and talented as Cuse this year. I stand by that. We are no mid major. We were for a long time. But that is for another thread. Today, we share the common link that neither of us got scammed by Tiny Morton and Isaiah Whitehead. I'm fine with that.

I told you SJU is as deep and talented as Cuse this year. I stand by that. We are no mid major. We were for a long time. But that is for another thread. Today, we share the common link that neither of us got scammed by Tiny Morton and Isaiah Whitehead. I'm fine with that.

Huh? basketball wise?

But you guys are no longer in a major conference and you don't have fball. So that makes you a mid major like forever no matter how well you do. I wish you guys well and hope for continued success for your bball program under Lavin.

It seems like the crux of the NCAA's problem is hypocrisy. Claiming to be about amateurism while raking in and paying out huge sums of money, penalizing "student-athletes" who make a dime off their own fame while coaches and schools are making millions, cracking down on some schools while looking the other way at higher profile programs' indiscretions, claiming to protect student-athletes from the handlers and hangers-on who leech off them while enacting a huge loophole to let high school and AAU coaches do it in the open, etc. etc. It feels to me, though, like public opinion has shifted to such an extent that the NCAA is the last to realize they they are on the wrong side of history. I'm hopeful there will be big changes in the not-too-distant future.

First, I will stipulate to SJU being as athletic as SU, but not to being as talented. There is zero evidence to back that up. But until games are played its a matter of opinion so if you wish to believe that its your right. However, you are a mid-major. Period. Fact. Not debatable. Mid-major status is based on conference affiliation, not on your level of success. Previously, there had been 6 power conferences. The Big East, of which SJU was a member, was one of those. You had little to no success in recent years as a member, but you were still in a major conference. Now the current Big East is no longer a power conference. You can make the next ten final fours and it won't mean you aren't a mid-major, but I doubt you'd care. Gonzaga and St Joe's have been 1 seeds as a mid-major, George Mason made a final four as a mid-major... they didn't magically join power conferences afterwards.

Haven't been on in a couple months but if ever in doubt with recruiting....just look for the words from Jake and Francis!!!