It’s Portal time! | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

Has the frame we like. Freshman and didn't play all that much. Think he averaged around 9min a game.

So strange because it is expected Carr is entering the NBA draft after testing the waters last year.

The only think I can think of is because there will be a new coach in MN that Carr is seeing if a high profile school would take him to give him more exposure if he again is told he won't be drafted although he would be 24 after playing another year in college.

So strange because it is expected Carr is entering the NBA draft after testing the waters last year.

The only think I can think of is because there will be a new coach in MN that Carr is seeing if a high profile school would take him to give him more exposure if he again is told he won't be drafted although he would be 24 after playing another year in college.
Yeah.
I just can't see him playing another year in college.

More intriguing to me is Robbins - basically the only reason they were able to get him from Drake was his uncle being an assistant on Pitino's staff. Assuming he'll be transferring now, too - but maybe the new coach will try and retain the uncle to retain Robbins?

More intriguing to me is Robbins - basically the only reason they were able to get him from Drake was his uncle being an assistant on Pitino's staff. Assuming he'll be transferring now, too - but maybe the new coach will try and retain the uncle to retain Robbins?
Can you imagine Robbins in the middle of our zone if he transfers again?

Robbins would obviously be a little slower than what JB typically wants in a center but he is a legit 7 foot, blocks lots of shots and has an inside post game that Syracuse could really use against a defense spread out guarding our shooters.

Robbins is the kind of player I can see transferring to a big program to play 1 year to showcase his game for the NBA.

Can you imagine Robbins in the middle of our zone if he transfers again?

Robbins would obviously be a little slower than what JB typically wants in a center but he is a legit 7 foot, blocks lots of shots and has an inside post game that Syracuse could really use against a defense spread out guarding our shooters.

Robbins is the kind of player I can see transferring to a big program to play 1 year to showcase his game for the NBA.
Shoots 3's, blocks shots, scores, rebounds, solid at the FT line, fouls out a lot.

The perfect fit - what can't he do? Oh, probably won't be able to get out to the corner quick enough

Jim needs to understand that his words matter. Not just what he says at the end of the year but how he acts all year long. Hopefully he can keep the key players from leaving
I would say generally coaches say a lot worse to players throughout the season behind closed doors. All coaches are different, but they can't be nice all the time.

I feel like he's also been talking up Marek more and more, perhaps hoping to get him to reconsider and return for a 5th year if he hasn't made up his mind.
its possible! i know marek is one of his favorites and for good reason.
I just hope he stops doing that all together. Theres a difference between motivation and just plain trashing a player. That is just about one of my only beefs with JB. I know he loves this program and really wants to win n gets emotional but there are better and more constructive ways to go about it imo

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom