It’s Portal time! | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

Get a P5 Center. We don’t have one. If you can’t the portal is useless. More disadvantages than advantages.
Agreed we get this and we are on our way to a big year with what we have coming back!!!

No one likes it but the key to success is to embrace these types of programs and go all in. Why wouldn't you try to upgrade every spot on the roster? It sucks, but so does being left behind.
nothing u can do but embrace it and hope that it works out well for syracuse!
just worry about the potential departures that will affect the traditional cohesiveness

nothing u can do but embrace it and hope that it works out well for syracuse!
just worry about the potential departures that will affect the traditional cohesiveness
Everyone's a free agent. It sucks.

I am making an assumption that when someone decides to transfer they probably have contacted schools that have previously recruited the player to gauge interest.

85337917.jpg

With all these kids in the portal and many more to come, some teams with multiple players, I’m betting when SU has a couple, people will act like it’s just a JB thing and the end of the world.

With all these kids in the portal and many more to come, some teams with multiple players, I’m betting when SU has a couple, people will act like it’s just a JB thing and the end of the world.

So far, I've see someone from the Big East All-Freshman team in the portal, URI's leading scorer, and everyone from Penn St.

To quote Fred Dalton Thompson from Red October: "This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it."

Quincy and Alan would go pro.
Marek and Bourama are Seniors.

Woody Newton, Robert Braswell, Jesse Edwards are players that would leave for different reasons.

Their are people who pick on JB for everything and then their are posts like this preemptively defend him and never give him any criticism.
If/when one player I listed leaves it will be what you said.

Player movement happens.
The roster needs balance though.

Quincy and Alan would go pro.
Marek and Bourama are Seniors.

Woody Newton, Robert Braswell, Jesse Edwards are players that would leave for different reasons.

Their are people who pick on JB for everything and then their are posts like this preemptively defend him and never give him any criticism.
If/when one player I listed leaves it will be what you said.

Player movement happens.
The roster needs balance though.

i don’t even know what this has to do with what I said. But ok.

man oh man this is gonna be a wild offseason!

I hope SU can cash in on this craziness...land a couple big timerz to balance out the roster...an athletic gaurd who can d up and shoot...and a center who can play both ends of the court...

forward spot is stacked...need help at gaurd and center.

I am thinking u gonna see some departures from SU...might have to pick up 4 or 5 players. Just LOAD UP if it happens!

Only downside I see is it takes a full season to learn the zone usually...so wont be clicking until tourney time if it goes down like that...gonna ba crazy season next yr fo sho

man oh man this is gonna be a wild offseason!

I hope SU can cash in on this craziness...land a couple big timerz to balance out the roster...an athletic gaurd who can d up and shoot...and a center who can play both ends of the court...

forward spot is stacked...need help at gaurd and center.

I am thinking u gonna see some departures from SU...might have to pick up 4 or 5 players. Just LOAD UP if it happens!

Only downside I see is it takes a full season to learn the zone usually...so wont be clicking until tourney time if it goes down like that...gonna ba crazy season next yr fo sho
I cant imagine them bringing in a guard other then for depth purposes unless they find some under the radar kid that ends up being out of this world good in practices that they can't keep off the court. (Doubtful) but who knows with the way the transfers are going...could get wild! I think they will ride with what we have and find some depth. I wouldn't mind if they took a look at Kidtrell Blocker originally from Rochester. 6'5 and can score. Wouldnt be as difficult a sell to convince him to come and would be all upside if he plays early while still focusing on the 22 class and not scaring off the likes of JT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom