It’s Portal time! | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

Wait till the tourny officially ends. This is about to be the craziest offseason
The NCAA needs to table the rule change about the one time no-sit-out transfer. It would be a huge mistake for them to allow this to pass. This has been the rule forever, and it’s a good rule.

So how long until Jimmy Jr. makes it official? I say one week after we win the title and Boeheim announces next year will be his last season once he gets 1,000 wins (for the second time) :cool:

The NCAA needs to table the rule change about the one time no-sit-out transfer. It would be a huge mistake for them to allow this to pass. This has been the rule forever, and it’s a good rule.
Will you be willing to have to sit out a year if you want to change jobs?

Will you be willing to have to sit out a year if you want to change jobs?
It's not that black and white. This new transfer rule without strings attached is killing the team mentality and promoting me-first at everyone else's expense. Maybe this is fair, but it's damaging the overall product. In business terms, sure, people quit and take other jobs with only 2 weeks notice all the time. But for those employees who want to keep things above board and understand that a sudden departure has a negative impact, they stay around long enough to ensure a transition/succession plan is established.

I hate this rule and hope it goes away as quickly as it came.

Without the rule, players could request a waiver from the NCAA to be allowed to play immediately anyways.

The NCAA tends to run their waiver department like a Turkish Traffic Court.

You get a waiver, and you get a waiver, but you don't.

Tell me why QB Tate Martell transferred from Ohio State to Miami and was allowed to play immediately, but OL Chris Bleich transferred from Florida to Syracuse and his waiver was denied.

At least the NCAA is admitting they have no clue how to administer the waiver process fairly, and they'll just give everybody one.

What's the latest here? Are we narrowing down our targets or waiting until April when we have 4 active players remaining on the roster.

It's not that black and white. This new transfer rule without strings attached is killing the team mentality and promoting me-first at everyone else's expense. Maybe this is fair, but it's damaging the overall product. In business terms, sure, people quit and take other jobs with only 2 weeks notice all the time. But for those employees who want to keep things above board and understand that a sudden departure has a negative impact, they stay around long enough to ensure a transition/succession plan is established.

I hate this rule and hope it goes away as quickly as it came.
Agreed. There’s a reason this rule has existed in college basketball for a long time. It’s a good rule that keeps naive and inexperienced kids from making rash decisions and forces them to really consider the consequences and downsides of transferring. As Scoop explained on the Devo podcast, you have to gut it out, and it’s often worth it in the end.

So I count 168 in the Portal right now. Actually not as many as I expected. What do we think 300 by end of tourney? More?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom