It’s Portal time! | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

I do think the 2 for sure are Woody and JBA.

I think Bras stays now because of his increased role. Anselem stays as well.

50/50 on Edwards and Kadary.

Joe and Buddy aren’t going anywhere.

AG/Q/Marek either come back or go pro. I can’t see any of them going to another school
I havent heard any chatter or “I’m upset” talk from Kadary (granted my info is 2nd hand but if it was happening like it was mentioned in another thread). I think JB is going to have to make a move with Kadary though. Starting pg move or we could lose him. I bet his sophomore leap will be big too

Another thing we’re forgetting...not only the 2nd wave of transfers after the tourny happens but there will be a 3rd wave of transfers when the 1st and 2nd wave commit to places and guys dont like having someone potentially in front of them. This will go wayyyy into the summer with transfers

Where is Woody going to go ? Providence, UMBC, Lasalle ?

Edwards and Kadary, what would be the point? Both are likely starters next year. Neither leaving would make a lot of sense...didn't make sense for Rock Lloyd to leave either so 'it' happens but I think all this speculation is nonsense. It was a widely theorized mass exodus on the football side to...all for not.
What makes you think Kadary will be a starter with JB's affinity for JG3? Kadary should be the starter and if he's not, I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

What makes you think Kadary will be a starter with JB's affinity for JG3? Kadary should be the starter and if he's not, I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

Because JB has an affinity for winning and putting the best 5 on the floor. Other former starters have been jumped before.

If starting is the be all end all and Joe will always be the starting PG then KR should maybe leave. However, over the last 7 conference games they both played exactly 156 minutes. Exactly the same. (had Kadary not been injured he would have played more.) So is it minutes or starting? And if Buddy leaves, Joe becomes the 2 and KR the 1. They'd share the ball handling the same as Triche and Jardine did.

The 2 tournament games it's Joe - 58 min and KR 30 min. But it's hard to really argue who should've played more. We'd have lost without each's contributions. (Joe in the two games leads the team in both assists and rebounds. I know it's crazy but he does.)

Hoops transfer speculation is what Syracuse fans do. It's weird. I mean people have more than half the team leaving right now. We should already be talking about Benny's impending transfer or at least being 1 and done.

Because JB has an affinity for winning and putting the best 5 on the floor. Other former starters have been jumped before.

If starting is the be all end all and Joe will always be the starting PG then KR should maybe leave. However, over the last 7 conference games they both played exactly 156 minutes. Exactly the same. (had Kadary not been injured he would have played more.) So is it minutes or starting? And if Buddy leaves, Joe becomes the 2 and KR the 1. They'd share the ball handling the same as Triche and Jardine did.

The 2 tournament games it's Joe - 58 min and KR 30 min. But it's hard to really argue who should've played more. We'd have lost without each's contributions. (Joe in the two games leads the team in both assists and rebounds. I know it's crazy but he does.)

Hoops transfer speculation is what Syracuse fans do. It's weird. I mean people have more than half the team leaving right now. We should already be talking about Benny's impending transfer or at least being 1 and done.
There was an interview with JB before the Virginia game in the ACC tournament. I swear he talked as if Kadary may start that game if not for the injury.

Interesting was he recruited over?
I'm not sure I would call it that. We do have some 4-star SGs that sat out this year and coming in next year. He played fewer minutes this year than last year so that's probably not a good sign for him moving forward. Solid defender but just couldn't shoot.

If you are the coach, any coach of any team, do you take someone back if they enter the portal? I say no for 99+% of portal entrants.

I think come September there will be a lot of kids saying to themselves, "Why did I enter the portal?"

so which is better transfers or high school recruits? I say transfers. You know what you get mostly...and players are more ready to contribute...plus freshman leave anyways these days...no sense building long term.

If there are a bunch of exits from this years roster...GiDDYUP!

Schools like Syracuse will have their pick of players, imo.
Too bad we didn’t get a transfer instead of Carmelo.

Where is Woody going to go ? Providence, UMBC, Lasalle ?

Edwards and Kadary, what would be the point? Both are likely starters next year. Neither leaving would make a lot of sense...didn't make sense for Rock Lloyd to leave either so 'it' happens but I think all this speculation is nonsense. It was a widely theorized mass exodus on the football side to...all for not.
How often does JB sit a 2 year starter in year 3?

When the music stops and there are 400 guys without chairs, there’s gonna be some nutty stuff with teams at the lower levels getting the caliber of players they could never have touched in the past. 2022 tournament will probably be totally wild!

If you are the coach, any coach of any team, do you take someone back if they enter the portal? I say no for 99+% of portal entrants.

I think come September there will be a lot of kids saying to themselves, "Why did I enter the portal?"
Of course you do unless you replaced him with someone better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom