It’s Portal time! | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

so which is better transfers or high school recruits? I say transfers. You know what you get mostly...and players are more ready to contribute...plus freshman leave anyways these days...no sense building long term.

If there are a bunch of exits from this years roster...GiDDYUP!

Schools like Syracuse will have their pick of players, imo.

Boeheim can navigate and succeed as well as or better than anyone in a chaos environment. He will have an edge on the competition, bring it on.

Don't know anything about this kid but from the short clip he looks like a nice athlete.

Last edited:
Don't know anything about this kid but from the short clip he looks like a nice athlete.

Looks like a beast. He looks like the kind of kid Pitino would always have 4 of, pounding the glass and being defensive nightmares. The one outside shot in the clip, he made it, but yikes.

We’re assuming massive turnover in our roster as well right? Seniors leaving plus KR, FA, JBA, WN transferring right? Am I missing anyone? RB? Is he going? We’ll have no problem replacing the bodies with other guys from the portal, but it just seems so stupid and counterproductive for both the players and coaching staffs across the board. It will simply mean having to start over for everyone: players establishing themselves at new programs and learning new systems, expectations, staffs, etc and coaches having to start from zero teaching all that to new players. It honestly seems like it is just a circus for the sake of having a circus.

We’re assuming massive turnover in our roster as well right? Seniors leaving plus KR, FA, JBA, WN transferring right? Am I missing anyone? RB? Is he going? We’ll have no problem replacing the bodies with other guys from the portal, but it just seems so stupid and counterproductive for both the players and coaching staffs across the board. It will simply mean having to start over for everyone: players establishing themselves at new programs and learning new systems, expectations, staffs, etc and coaches having to start from zero teaching all that to new players. It honestly seems like it is just a circus for the sake of having a circus.
As others have mentioned, re-recruiting and retaining the current roster is crucial. Continuity has to trump adding players. Once, we’ve done that, then hit the portal and look for the right fits.

As others have mentioned, re-recruiting and retaining the current roster is crucial. Continuity has to trump adding players. Once, we’ve done that, then hit the portal and look for the right fits.

Let’s be honest, re-recruiting players isn’t working at any other program in the US, big or small. So I think there is little to no chance of that having an effect.

We'll have a couple but I don't think it's a mass exodus like some teams are facing. But every single team will have 2-3 folks bounce.

Let’s be honest, re-recruiting players isn’t working at any other program in the US, big or small. So I think there is little to no chance of that having an effect.
You may be right, but we have to try.

I don't think any team will be immune.

Which is why I think dreaming on next year's roster is pointless. There are going to folks leaving. I also think that there will be players who end up in a place that they didn't expect to land and maybe even without a team.

We'll have a couple but I don't think it's a mass exodus like some teams are facing. But every single team will have 2-3 folks bounce.
I do think the 2 for sure are Woody and JBA.

I think Bras stays now because of his increased role. Anselem stays as well.

50/50 on Edwards and Kadary.

Joe and Buddy aren’t going anywhere.

AG/Q/Marek either come back or go pro. I can’t see any of them going to another school

I do think the 2 for sure are Woody and JBA.

I think Bras stays now because of his increased role. Anselem stays as well.

50/50 on Edwards and Kadary.

Joe and Buddy aren’t going anywhere.

AG/Q/Marek either come back or go pro. I can’t see any of them going to another school

Where is Woody going to go ? Providence, UMBC, Lasalle ?

Edwards and Kadary, what would be the point? Both are likely starters next year. Neither leaving would make a lot of sense...didn't make sense for Rock Lloyd to leave either so 'it' happens but I think all this speculation is nonsense. It was a widely theorized mass exodus on the football side to...all for not.

Last edited:
1500 kids. That means almost 3 per team leave. You then have a freshmen class coming in. I feel like a lot of kids might end up at smaller schools when all is said and done vs jumping to a better conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom