It’s Portal time! | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

This should be quick

If we land Swider that is two guys plus Benny. That then allows for going after an actual big fish if we decide on doing so for instance Powell. While we wait on the official from Woody, Frank, Seniors and Q.

With the exception of Florida State and 1 other school, most ACC CBB schools have 2-5 vacancies/slots/openings on their roster.

Florida State does not have any openings st this. Strange because they are one of the preferred places that Kadary is rumored to be considering. Guess that they have not let gone through the transfer gates problem or they are planning for one opening for Richmond if he chooses them.
Did Barnes declare yet?

The search thingy in the upper right corner. Makes life a whole lot easier.

SF16.png

Call me crazy but if have two of Swider/Q/Woody on our roster (and Jimmy B) I'm really not that worried about rolling it out with that trio of guards. Thats a loaded forward group with good length and rebounding next to a real center in Jesse.

We're in play for some really good guards in the 2022 class so we'll be fine there after next season barring a disaster.
We need guys that can break pressure, get others involved and aren’t negatives on D. Not necessarily for 40 mins a game but we’ve seen how limited this team is with JG playing 35 a night especially next to Buddy on D. Having a legit creator at PG also helps those Forwards a great deal. We saw it with Kadary but now we’ll be regressing again.

I think saying he proved any of that is a little tough. He simply didn't have enough time to prove anything; it's all tiny sample sizes. I mean, we're really saying 7 shots at the rim is proof that it's something he can do consistently? Especially after he showed so little of that in high school. I don't know.

I do think Woody clearly has a higher ceiling if he reaches it though.
i think marek mentioning woody as a player who improved a lot in his houston post-game was telling...gotta think there was something to that.

Hopefully he stays and balls out next season.

If Swider comes aboard that would be 2 transfers from the BigEast. Now if Frank goes portal, they need to look for a big man from a BE team. That would set things going forward as the BE is Syracuse's developmental league. It's a good league with strong teams, but you don't get Duke, UNC, UVA, Ville, trips to FLA and Georgia and you don't get PR on a conference network. It's a step up and Syracuse is the only marquee ACC team in the northeast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom