It’s Portal time! | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

i think marek mentioning woody as a player who improved a lot in his houston post-game was telling...gotta think there was something to that.

Hopefully he stays and balls out next season.

IF Woody was gonna come back, why would be have called Swider the second he hit the portal?

You know the answer.

If Swider comes aboard that would be 2 transfers from the BigEast. Now if Frank goes portal, they need to look for a big man from a BE team. That would set things going forward as the BE is Syracuse's developmental league. It's a good league with strong teams, but you don't get Duke, UNC, UVA, Ville, trips to FLA and Georgia and you don't get PR on a conference network. It's a step up and Syracuse is the only marquee ACC team in the northeast.
saw that 14 college coaches said they are going portal pounding instead of high school...

maybe we will see a tier system develop...

first year - quad 4 team
second year - quad 2 team
etc
etc

Big East would be a nice AAAball for SU.

IF Woody was gonna come back, why would be have called Swider the second he hit the portal?

You know the answer.
bc AG was too small.

But yeah Woody is prabably gone...but idk...

why wait?

I got a feeling he might stick around...would be glad if he did.

saw that 14 college coaches said they are going portal pounding instead of high school...

maybe we will see a tier system develop...

first year - quad 4 team
second year - quad 2 team
etc
etc

Big East would be a nice AAAball for SU.
I think that's why they don't have a lot of commitments going forward. Perfect setup for Boeheim.

I feel a stomach bug coming on that night.
Expect SU to play very inspired vs Kadary as opposing point guard.
Could be a great game!
Nobody else would circle this one on their calendar?

seems with symir and swider already coming/offered...and local powell rumored as talking...that the go-to will be players who already have a relationship with the staff...makes sense since they already have a relationship with a ton of players out there...

BUT

I wonder if that will also be a double-edged sword...with thousands of players out there...what are the odds that the truly best options are the ones the team already has been in contact with??

So there are over 1,000 players in the portal. I wonder how many of them find, at the end of the day, the greener pastures they seek? Even good players in one system may struggle in another, or maybe they find that team chemistry or promises made do not turn out as they hoped. Who really knows?

If I was a coach, with very few exceptions, I think the portal would look like the island of misfit toys with everyone trying to build up their rosters without signing a Charlie in the Box.

Best of luck to both the players and the coaches, and LGO!

Attachments

• 9D0BE42B-CE66-48B3-954B-1F29E2F132F0.jpeg
    9D0BE42B-CE66-48B3-954B-1F29E2F132F0.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
What I saw of him in the NCAA's was... underwhelming.
I don't think he's a Lebron/Luka Doncic level prospect like people were expecting coming into the year, but he's very good and will probably be the #1 overall pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom