It’s Portal time! | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

There are reports Iowa is hard after Robbins. Meanwhile, Mulvey just reclassified to 2021 so he could replace Garza. Good chance Iowa is going to bone him almost immediately after he reclassified for them.

College basketball is a tough business.

I would love if we could grab another 21 kid who isn't getting the attention he should because of the portal.
So they can cause trouble or leave in a year if they’re not happy with playing time? Why should coaches take anyone that takes time to develop given the patience kids are showing? Obviously, there’s no universal way to do it but I’d be thinking twice if I was a head coach, too.

So they can cause trouble or leave in a year if they’re not happy with playing time? Why should coaches take anyone that takes time to develop given the patience kids are showing? Obviously, there’s no universal way to do it but I’d be thinking twice if I was a head coach, too.

Those same problems aren't absolved going through the portal. Finding a talented kid who is under recruited because of the portal is the point.

Those same problems aren't absolved going through the portal. Finding a talented kid who is under recruited because of the portal is the point.
They are, in part, because it’s full of players who (either in reality or perception) have been underutilized or are out of place. That hasn’t been determined with high school kids. What’s the upside of a woody-type recruit right now given the chance to find someone with experience, film and (possibly) a recommendation from a college coach? Woody is out after a year. Even oshea and Quincey (both WAY unfinished products and incapable of leading us to anything of note in their first couple years) are out after two.

They are, in part, because it’s full of players who (either in reality or perception) have been underutilized or are out of place. That hasn’t been determined with high school kids. What’s the upside of a woody-type recruit right now given the chance to find someone with experience, film and (possibly) a recommendation from a college coach? Woody is out after a year. Even oshea and Quincey (both WAY unfinished products and incapable of leading us to anything of note in their first couple years) are out after two.

I respectfully disagree. Look how many kids are transferring a second time in the portal.

Quote from Speedy Claxton in Newsday article: "Life is about adapting and the transfer portal is huge right now. A lot of universities and schools are looking to build through this transfer portal rather than take a high school kid because at this level, you win when you have older kids," Claxton said. "We’ve got to dive into that and hopefully we get a couple of good kids out of it."
Funny, I currently hope for the exact opposite when I pound the portal.

Seems like the portal is not all that it's cracked up to be. Moving slowly and a big log jam. It's unfortunate it's affecting some 2021 kids but maybe they shouldn't wait so long to commit. All these kids want the world to revolve around them. Pick a coach you feel comfortable playing for. If you are good enough you will get PT.

Seems like the portal is not all that it's cracked up to be. Moving slowly and a big log jam. It's unfortunate it's affecting some 2021 kids but maybe they shouldn't wait so long to commit. All these kids want the world to revolve around them. Pick a coach you feel comfortable playing for. If you are good enough you will get PT.
There's a good chance in a lot of cases these kids haven't even been able to visit any schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom