It’s Portal time! | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

Kirk1.jpg

Wait till they allow in season transfer so a player can transfer from one school two weeks into his/her freshman season and enter portal to play for another school on week 3.

Or players transfer during the tournament just to hop on a good team last minute.

There needs to be a rule. You get one transfer you can go anywhere you want and not have to sit out. You.want to transfer again you sit out a year.
I think that is the rule, isn't it?

Wait till they allow in season transfer so a player can transfer from one school two weeks into his/her freshman season and enter portal to play for another school on week 3.

Or players transfer during the tournament just to hop on a good team last minute.

Not happening so I wouldn't sweat that one.

So... what happens with Frankie?

He entering the portal, or sticking around?

So that's about 3.6 players per school for all of Division 1.
I believe a lot of guys just cost themselves the ability to play hoops.
Not everyone is going to be able to trade up. Not everyone has pro talent.
There will be hundreds of guys without any place to go.

We don’t want Mac McClung on this roster haha

We already have a gunner in Buddy, who is a better college basketball player than McClung, and if people are frustrated with how Joe runs point their heads would explode watching MM. He doesn’t add what this roster needs.

Fun dude to watch play but hard pass from me

So that's about 3.6 players per school for all of Division 1.
I believe a lot of guys just cost themselves the ability to play hoops.
Not everyone is going to be able to trade up. Not everyone has pro talent.
There will be hundreds of guys without any place to go.
I mean unless this is musical chairs and they took a chair away everyone should theoretically have a place to go. The number of portal entrants should equal the number of spots In total no?

We don’t want Mac McClung on this roster haha

We already have a gunner in Buddy, who is a better college basketball player than McClung, and if people are frustrated with how Joe runs point their heads would explode watching MM. He doesn’t add what this roster needs.

Fun dude to watch play but hard pass from me
I don’t disagree but he adds athleticism to an unathletic roster

It's amazing that all of the coaches in non-revenue sports have survived this long with their players being allowed to transfer without sitting.

We don't talk about their courageousness enough.
Probably because it would highlight that many only get partial scholarships if any in the first place. Freshman, unless a very highly touted one, ever gets a full scholarship, many get nothing but promises for a quarter or half scholarship dependent how they work and compete after freshman year. I know college baseball players who have transferred to get a half scholarship from their new school. Some of the scholarship limits are in tenths of a scholarship like baseball 11.7 scholarship for a roster of 35, men’s lacrosse 12.6 (average roster of 48), men’s Cross country and track 12.6 etc. So many of these non revenue sport kids have to work their way up or down (less common) by tenths of a scholarship as they go year to year, or pay their own way.

The NCAA granting a 5th year of eligibility is really impacting college sports and their budgets, particularly those considered non-revenue. Interesting article on it’s impact on lacrosse.

Division I Lacrosse Coaches Dealing With Larger Rosters, Tighter Budgets

I don’t disagree but he adds athleticism to an unathletic roster

But his soul is tarnished and he will forever suck.

It would be impossible to clens the stench of georgetown basketball from him.

I mean unless this is musical chairs and they took a chair away everyone should theoretically have a place to go. The number of portal entrants should equal the number of spots In total no?

Also have to factor in incoming recruits I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom