It ain't looking good here ... | Syracusefan.com

It ain't looking good here ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
No ESPN here, and TSN is going to show ... wait for it ... curling. Yeah, freaking curling. And TSN2 is going to show some talking head Olympic babble. And it doesn't look like TheACC,com is going to broadcast it, either. Geez ...

No ESPN here, and TSN is going to show ... wait for it ... curling. Yeah, freaking curling. And TSN2 is going to show some talking head Olympic babble. And it doesn't look like TheACC,com is going to broadcast it, either. Geez ...

Just be lucky that you get reception on the moon, or whatever distant planet you may reside on that is measured in "light years from Earth." ;)

In all seriousness, I do hope you find a way to watch this game.

You'll just have to watch the Flames game. :D

Seriously though, that blows

give curling 20 minutes and you'll be hooked for life. the subtle nuance of skill and precision. and sweeping.

T bones has a point. I find it comparable how I always stare at the washing machine at the laundromat. It just sucks you in.

ESPN3, it's on line!

T bones has a point. I find it comparable how I always stare at the washing machine at the laundromat. It just sucks you in.

I used to throw two pairs of long johns into the washing machine for my grandmother, she thought it was wrestling.

try justin.tv or one of the other online streaming sites.

try justin.tv or one of the other online streaming sites.

That may work, thanks. I have to ref this aft (real soon, actually) and was hopeful to PVR the game, but unless TSN makes a sudden late change, that's a no go. I'll get home sometime near the middle/end of the first half, and someone here may actually have one that's got it.

As a fellow Canadian, I feel your pain Cowtown. I was hoping with TSN / TSN2 picking up all Kansas games because of Wiggins, that they may pick up more Cuse games because of Ennis. But it seems the ratings were just not good for Kansas earlier on.

2 Options:

1. In Prior yearx, I ponied up the $30 a month during the winter months for the all encompassing sports package. (I know its available on Rogers and Cogeco). All NBA, NHL, NFL, and ESPN Family (1,2,U and many 3) Basketball and Football games. As an FYI to others here, ESPN is not available in Canada.

2. I decided to save a few bucks this year and just stream Syracuse games this year. Its a PITA - I use first row sports. The only basketball I get on cable (with limited add ons) is CBS, CBS Sports, the odd ESPN game that TSN2 carries on Saturday, the Kansas games, and the B10 network.

So today, I said F it. I am going to pay the $30 for a month and get the sports package.

As a fellow Canadian, I feel your pain Cowtown. I was hoping with TSN / TSN2 picking up all Kansas games because of Wiggins, that they may pick up more Cuse games because of Ennis. But it seems the ratings were just not good for Kansas earlier on.

2 Options:

1. In Prior yearx, I ponied up the $30 a month during the winter months for the all encompassing sports package. (I know its available on Rogers and Cogeco). All NBA, NHL, NFL, and ESPN Family (1,2,U and many 3) Basketball and Football games. As an FYI to others here, ESPN is not available in Canada.

2. I decided to save a few bucks this year and just stream Syracuse games this year. Its a PITA - I use first row sports. The only basketball I get on cable (with limited add ons) is CBS, CBS Sports, the odd ESPN game that TSN2 carries on Saturday, the Kansas games, and the B10 network.

So today, I said F it. I am going to pay the $30 for a month and get the sports package.

Good on ya, man. We're with Telus, but there should be something similar there as well. I'm going to check that out as well, thanks.

Btw, doesn't ESPN own TSN? Or at least a chunk of it?

Good on ya, man. We're with Telus, but there should be something similar there as well. I'm going to check that out as well, thanks.

Btw, doesn't ESPN own TSN? Or at least a chunk of it?

I checked the net. Telus has a similar package, but it says call for a price. Ask for the Super Sports Pack or Premium Sports Package. Unfortunately I don't think any of them sell the college sports channels alone.

IIRC, ESPN owns about 30% of TSN with BellMedia. Its unfortunate that the Score was bought by Rogers, because that guarantees they will never pick up ESPN product anymore either -- one less source for non premium college basketball gone.

2 Options:

Where do you live?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom