It Boils Down to Talent... | Syracusefan.com

It Boils Down to Talent...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
We went from having NBA 1st rounders (who are still in the league) coming off the bench, to starting Joe Girard & Buddy Boeheim for 30+ minutes per game.

That's the simple reality. And until that changes, and Father Boeheim stops anointing his starters with an endless leash, we are what we are.
We'll win some games we shouldn't because we hit 3's, we'll lose some games like this that we shouldn't. And we'll be 18-13.

Sad. Really sad.

We went from having NBA 1st rounders (who are still in the league) coming off the bench, to starting Joe Girard & Buddy Boeheim for 30+ minutes per game.

That's the simple reality. And until that changes, and Father Boeheim stops anointing his starters with an endless leash, we are what we are.
We'll win some games we shouldn't because we hit 3's, we'll lose some games like this that we shouldn't. And we'll be 18-13.

Sad. Really sad.
Not today it didn't. We had a lot more talent that Pitt. They were even playing without their best player.

Not today it didn't. We had a lot more talent that Pitt. They were even playing without their best player.

Maybe not today, but in general it does. This whole starting 5 would struggle to get minutes on the 2010 team. The 2012 team. And likely the 2013 team, too.

Sad. Really sad.

No. Sorry. That was a legendarily poor coaching job.

Maybe not today, but in general it does. This whole starting 5 would struggle to get minutes on the 2010 team. The 2012 team. And likely the 2013 team, too.

We've had Final Four teams who had as much talent as this team.

You picked 2 of our best teams from 45 years. They blew the game. That was it. The coach should have had his best pg in the game. I believe if this team was coached right we would win 70% of our games this year. I'm not sure it will be though.

No. Sorry. That was a legendarily poor coaching job.

The post is in general. It wasn't made for tonight. It is based on a 5-6 year trend. The talent level is not there.

Syracuse University basketball has won because it has had more talent than most teams, in most years. There is an occasional '95-96, but even that team had probably the best scoring forward in the country that year.

We have a lot of average to slightly above average ACC players. Most of which wouldn't start on the top 4 teams in the league.

We've had Final Four teams who had as much talent as this team.

We have? Please name one.

Tyler Lydon was a first-round draft pick, as was Malachi Richardson.

We don't have a guy on this roster that is sniffing the first round.

We have? Please name one.

Tyler Lydon was a first-round draft pick, as was Malachi Richardson.

We don't have a guy on this roster that is sniffing the first round.
No, problem is we have players that think they are . Which leads to terrible shot selections and decision making . Which is ultimately about coaching .

We have no player that will be on the top three ACc all star teams. Not one. And no center that would be a top 50 center. Syracuse glory years are way behind us and we haven’t turned any corners

The post is in general. It wasn't made for tonight. It is based on a 5-6 year trend. The talent level is not there.

Syracuse University basketball has won because it has had more talent than most teams, in most years. There is an occasional '95-96, but even that team had probably the best scoring forward in the country that year.

We have a lot of average to slightly above average ACC players. Most of which wouldn't start on the top 4 teams in the league.

Well, if Boeheim can ONLY win when he has more talent, maybe he's not that great of a coach.

You can't have it both ways.

In the last 6 years we've had plenty of guys who are talented, 6 straight years of 13+ losses is solely on JB, he might have the longest leash in the world but you have to start to wonder how much longer can it go on, performances like tonight deserve all the heat they are getting and then some

Lack of hustle and care on defense. When joe scurried away from the ball like it had Covid, that was the softest play I’ve seen in a while. Guys like cooney woulda dove and never thought twice. I would rather play really hard and lose then do what they did tonight

I guess we were more talented the first 35 minutes and they were the last 5 minutes .. we were up 14 about mid way through the second half .. this loss has only marginally to do with talent.. more to do with scheme and who we allowed to control things

Lack of hustle and care on defense. When joe scurried away from the ball like it had Covid, that was the softest play I’ve seen in a while. Guys like cooney woulda dove and never thought twice. I would rather play really hard and lose then do what they did tonight
Joe could have slid in on his belly.

I guess we were more talented the first 35 minutes and they were the last 5 minutes .. we were up 14 about mid way through the second half .. this loss has only marginally to do with talent.. more to do with scheme and who we allowed to control things

They were missing 5 regulars, if I remember correctly.

When we were missing only 2, we thought it was the end of the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom