It is impressive how improved this team is | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

It is impressive how improved this team is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughes isolation pull ups at the end of half's have not been pretty. Not going to guess a %.
It's a tad risky but would much prefer a simple pass off with 8-12 seconds remaining on the shot clock rather than Hughes backing them down from half court with 25 seconds.

Last edited:
off topic sorta but I just wanna say that the jb should move on chatter is garbage. i'm not just saying that b/c of the win streak either. to me, giving 40 years to a school and doing what he has for SU gives waay more leash than is customary for a coach. he could suck for 5 years and I'd be cool with that...i know in this short attention span hyper media world no one can think straight for 15 seconds...but come on! he is a legend and deserves to go out on his own terms...(saying all that I have been critical of some of his moves...like always 2-3 zone even when getting shredded by 3 pointers, for instance...but I criticize out of positivity) he's earned the right to coach as long as he wants, imo.

Hughes isolation pull up threes at the end of half's have not been pretty. Not going to guess a %.
yeah I hate the iso end of game stuff...bad basketball for first 35 minutes doesnt become good for the last 5.

off topic sorta but I just wanna say that the jb should move on chatter is garbage. i'm not just saying that b/c of the win streak either. to me, giving 40 years to a school and doing what he has for SU gives waay more leash than is customary for a coach. he could suck for 5 years and I'd be cool with that...i know in this short attention span hyper media world no one can think straight for 15 seconds...but come on! he is a legend and deserves to go out on his own terms...(saying all that I have been critical of some of his moves...like always 2-3 zone even when getting shredded by 3 pointers, for instance...but I criticize out of positivity) he's earned the right to coach as long as he wants, imo.
I doubt if we sucked for 5 years he would be around, does not work in coaching or business. IMO, he built the program is a legend and would like him to go out on top. As a concession would be ok If they named a coach in waiting like Hop was, at least it’s a succession plan.

I doubt if we sucked for 5 years he would be around, does not work in coaching or business. IMO, he built the program is a legend and would like him to go out on top. As a concession would be ok If they named a coach in waiting like Hop was, at least it’s a succession plan.

The only way to make a coach in waiting is for it to be one of the current assistants. Not too many here think that’s optimal.

Gonna be coaching BC next year. Everyone knows that
So if we lose two coaches back to back in HOP and GMAC, not ideal. Perhaps we go after a big name like Louisville did with Mack seemed to work out for them.

The team is definitely improving, that's for sure. The ball movement, player movement, and shot quality are dramatically improved from the beginning of the year. The defense is even looking better. That said, it's hard to completely deconvolve the player/team improvement from the quality of opponents. This year's ACC is not very good, at all. But that said, just keep winning and it won't matter how bad the league is...

Deconvolve...one of the few times I log out from this board feeling smarter having read it ;-)

That non conference schedule was so pathetic and lame what absolutely disgusting teams we played with everything to lose nothing to gain. I bet we could have pulled an upset on a real team like we did at Ohio St the year before when the team was fully jacked up.

We’re Syracuse why the hell would we settle for Ok St and Ole Miss/Pedo at Barclays. No one and I mean no one other than Georgetown fans and alums wants to play them we never play well vs them or UConn. Iowa are a vet team so the home court didn’t matter.

Play some cool programs home and home and try and get them in a down year if we are rebuilding a school like UCLA would have been perfect. I’m so sick of the OOC boring garbage we’re fed.

We beat Georgetown last year and the year before. And we normally get 6k-8K fans in DC and raise money for the AD. Connecticut we are 2 and 2 since joining the ACC. We play tournaments in NYC because we have a lot of fans in NYC.

Good luck convincing anyone flying 3000 miles for a game is a good idea.

SU will struggle with a team that has a couple of shooters and a good big man that can score/rebound inside. I don't know the ACC that well and which teams have that but that said, they are playing well and if they can continue to beat teams that don't have that big guy...wins will come.

Love the fact they used their size vs VT on O, great adjustment and loved how Buddy played and took advantage of that. Won't happen a lot but when the matchup happens...seize it and he did as did Hughes in the second half.

This team is a solid 7.Edwards. Boeheim can rotate the 7 easily with zero foul trouble and with Q getting more comfortable... now to have Edwards give a few productive minutes when the fouls pound the 4's and 5's and boys and girls of Brooklyn High, we got us a doozy of a team.

The only way to make a coach in waiting is for it to be one of the current assistants. Not too many here think that’s optimal.
I personally think the best thing for the program is to name Red as the coach in waiting. Continuity is critical and i just don't see JB and Wild dumping Red, Gmac, and Grif. It would go against everything JB believes in.

SU will struggle with a team that has a couple of shooters and a good big man that can score/rebound inside. I don't know the ACC that well and which teams have that but that said, they are playing well and if they can continue to beat teams that don't have that big guy...wins will come.

Love the fact they used their size vs VT on O, great adjustment and loved how Buddy played and took advantage of that. Won't happen a lot but when the matchup happens...seize it and he did as did Hughes in the second half.

This team is a solid 7.Edwards. Boeheim can rotate the 7 easily with zero foul trouble and with Q getting more comfortable... now to have Edwards give a few productive minutes when the fouls pound the 4's and 5's and boys and girls of Brooklyn High, we got us a doozy of a team.
Not to be a jerk, but most teams will struggle with that combo; but how the landscape of CBB is in 2020, there aren’t a lot of teams that have that

How much weight do you think SU will put on the opinions held by message board posters?

I personally think the best thing for the program is to name Red as the coach in waiting. Continuity is critical and i just don't see JB and Wild dumping Red, Gmac, and Grif. It would go against everything JB believes in.
Would be great for recruiting as well.

No idea if Red would be the right choice long term, but he’d be a great bridge.

We beat Georgetown last year and the year before. And we normally get 6k-8K fans in DC and raise money for the AD. Connecticut we are 2 and 2 since joining the ACC. We play tournaments in NYC because we have a lot of fans in NYC.

Good luck convincing anyone flying 3000 miles for a game is a good idea.
Not sure that’s how it works. GU and SU and everyone else get to keep their own gate revenue.

As long as GU draws more at the Carrier Dome than the next best alternative visiting team, it’s a net positive for SU from a revenue perspective.

Other candidates that might draw well at the Dome would be Villanova, Seton Hall, UConn, St John’s and even WVU. One Big East Nostalgia game a year is enough.

Depends on which posters you are referring to...

So you believe that there are posters on here that the SU athletic administration pays attention to or that they know even exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom