It Really Does Matter...even if I/We think it should not | Syracusefan.com

It Really Does Matter...even if I/We think it should not

arbitragegls

All Conference
...interesting fact about policy and rules: once written down and approved they become expectations of action to follow. Have I, did I...Yes I have...all the way to the time a corporate career interferred with recreational fun by having a policy that simply stated...IF EVEN at a party when used and you are there...TERMINATION is required.
So here we are...not really thinking its a big deal because 'Cuse didnt need to have the policy/rules; 'Cuse self reported; college kids all over do the same thing; who really cares whether done or not...let me assure you until that Corporate mandate, I did not care. Not sure I find it "really wrong to partake now"...but you know what...people go to jail in some states for taking a drag of that stuff; or for having more than 2 grms...some people go to jail because some states think a BJ in your home is wrong...but you know what...it is stupid rules and policies that are written...and therefore must be taken seriously. PERHAPS WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING IS GETTNG THE POLICY/RULE deleted from a policy--NCAA didnt much care whether a policy was in place or not...but once a policy/rule is set in stone...as meaning written down...ITS to be followed...very sad and hopefully goes away insofar as either tarnishing or hurting 'Cuse...but fact is somehow for some reason 'Cuse made a mistake for having the policy and rule that many other colleges and universities did not see fit to incorporate as an action to be taken against its students and athletes...as a written policy with action to follow.
This is a "mess"we/'Cuse made for ourselves...and could be an even greater problem for JB and 'Cuse than Mr. Fine was/is.

We have had a lot of kids suspended and who have left the program under mysterious circumstances. We would have no way of knowing if they pushed put do to SU following its own policies.

There's also that catch all that allows the athletic director discretion in how to treat a repeat violator. I'm sure there were one or two mistakes, but I'm not going to dismiss the fact that we have lost plenty of guys over the years at strange times of the season (Louie, edelin, mike Jones, konekny, both wrights, DBM) to make me think that SU has turned a blind eye.

This jumping to conclusions when we don't know all the facts is ridiculous. And I believe I've seen you mention that you're a lawyer, and apologize if I'm wrong. But regardless of your practice, you can certainly see that there is a lot more here than a 600 word story from a hack like Forde.

Even the damning statement by JB that he doesn't know anything about "that." We have no idea what the question was. Was he being sarcastic? Was he asked something specific? What the was the question that he didn't know? It's infuriating seeing him get raked over the coals (not by you, but in the media) over this when we have no idea what he was talking even asked.

This is so minor. We have SEC schools literally purchasing top recruits from their fathers. We have Oregon paying a guy to send them 2 year old recruiting info that happens to come with a bunch of guys from Texas.

This is just insane.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

This is just insane.

It need not be insane...but it was a written policy that should have been deleted long ago...more importantly, I agree with what you say; however, the predominance of the board is that this is "really not a big deal"...it isnt a big deal in my mind either...but once you cross the line--even if the written policy is ludicrous--than you have a problem...that is my point...not that this is a big deal but others will make it so. The tenor of my post was been there, done that...but policies that may make no sense remain a rule with action...so I believe 'Cuse did follow-up and do what is right...but that perception becomes reality...and expectation is that others will jump all over this and for that reason...it is a very big deal in the short-term and hopefully will go away...no reporter will write 'Cuse did the right thing...that is not a story.

I generally agree with your overall premise. If there's a grain of truth, then SU is incredibly stupid. But I think that AD discretion is kind of a catch all and get out of jail free card.

But, we don't know what was crossed though. All we know are unnamed sources and it seems there are enough instances of SU.following its policies that I'm not worried.

...interesting fact about policy and rules: once written down and approved they become expectations of action to follow. Have I, did I...Yes I have...all the way to the time a corporate career interferred with recreational fun by having a policy that simply stated...IF EVEN at a party when used and you are there...TERMINATION is required.
So here we are...not really thinking its a big deal because 'Cuse didnt need to have the policy/rules; 'Cuse self reported; college kids all over do the same thing; who really cares whether done or not...let me assure you until that Corporate mandate, I did not care. Not sure I find it "really wrong to partake now"...but you know what...people go to jail in some states for taking a drag of that stuff; or for having more than 2 grms...some people go to jail because some states think a BJ in your home is wrong...but you know what...it is stupid rules and policies that are written...and therefore must be taken seriously. PERHAPS WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING IS GETTNG THE POLICY/RULE deleted from a policy--NCAA didnt much care whether a policy was in place or not...but once a policy/rule is set in stone...as meaning written down...ITS to be followed...very sad and hopefully goes away insofar as either tarnishing or hurting 'Cuse...but fact is somehow for some reason 'Cuse made a mistake for having the policy and rule that many other colleges and universities did not see fit to incorporate as an action to be taken against its students and athletes...as a written policy with action to follow.
This is a "mess"we/'Cuse made for ourselves...and could be an even greater problem for JB and 'Cuse than Mr. Fine was/is.

lol. i love the bold and caps. i stopped reading at ...interesting.

Dude...I could have told you that committing sodomy on your boss's teenage son at the company Christmas party would get you in trouble. I know it seemed like good clean fun at the time, but they follow some dem rules to a T down ther in Georgia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom