Its Georgetown - barring a change in the next 3 hours... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Its Georgetown - barring a change in the next 3 hours...

we need a volunteer to create the "when Hitler found out Noel had chosen Georgetown" clip

you've got your metaphor backwards - this is how the iceberg felt. SU is loaded and will cruise along unaffected by this little bump

I still feel like I'm balls deep in ice cold water. :)

Seriously, if you're an immigrant mother and have limited information regarding tradition and history and appreciation of the college basketball landscape and all you heard the last year was an assistant coach molesting ball boys, drugs, and whatever negative recruiting JTIII was spewing, what would you think Syracuse was? I mean it's not surprising. I'm not sure how strict his family is, but if I was 18 and I wanted to go play basketball at a school with my friend and my mom heard that it was non-stop sex and drugs and the coaches were caught (based on media portrayal) molesting little boys, she'd say no damn way you're going there.

Syracuse had a sh!tload of bad press this year, it's hard to get around that with a Mama that wants what's best for her boy.

Edited: for spelling and to add that Georgetown is likely a compromise between Noel and his mom. He gets to play in the Big East with MCW and she a place that doesn't have the negative rep that Syracuse has picked up lately.

Seriously, if you're an immigrant mother and have limited information regarding tradition and history and appreciation of the college basketball landscape and all you heard the last year was an assistant coach molesting ball boys, drugs, and whatever negative recruiting JTIII was spewing, what would you think Syracuse was? I mean it's not surprising. I'm not sure how strict his family is, but if I was 18 and I wanted to go play basketball at a school with my friend and my mom heard that it was non-stop sec and drugs and the coaches were caught (based on media portrayal) molesting little boys, she'd say no damn way you're going there.

Syracuse had a sh!tload of bad press this year, it's hard to get around that with a Mama that wants what's best for her boy.
plus, the Noels are Haitian, and the Thompsons probably remind them of Papa Doc & Baby Doc
papa-and-baby-doc-2.jpg

Seriously, if you're an immigrant mother and have limited information regarding tradition and history and appreciation of the college basketball landscape and all you heard the last year was an assistant coach molesting ball boys, drugs, and whatever negative recruiting JTIII was spewing, what would you think Syracuse was? I mean it's not surprising. I'm not sure how strict his family is, but if I was 18 and I wanted to go play basketball at a school with my friend and my mom heard that it was non-stop sec and drugs and the coaches were caught (based on media portrayal) molesting little boys, she'd say no damn way you're going there.

so she picks a team for him that has bounties on their heads in the largest populated country in the world. I hope the triad blows up your institution(kidding? i really don't know).

Noel said he was all about family, and the family atmosphere. SU BBall alumni ARE FAMILY. You don't see that at many other schools, if any at all. What JB has built is something special. The only guys you ever see or hear about regarding GTown are Ewing, Mourning and Mutombo. Where are the rest of the players? Are team reunions limited to those three and the Thompson Family? I don't see the GTown players being that close knit of a group.

What are Victor Page and Kenny Brunner up to these days?

Really just trying to figure out whether it's worth my time to watch the announcement. I'd hate to miss it if he DOES now shock the world.
Despite what we know, I'll have to physically stop myself from watching. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Despite what we know, I'll have to physically stop myself from watching. I'm a glutton for punishment.
I'm the same way.

The only bright side is that it won't hurt as much since we have a couple hours to prepare for the confirmation.

The kid Nerlens Noel has handled himself with class and dignity and if he chooses Georgetown then move on and start looking ahead to the future. Honestly, I hope we never play Georgetown again after we leave the Big East those losers can't fill their own arena and I am sick of the Orange being used to fill other teams arenas. We will have Maryland and the Virginia schools for the Mid-Atlantic fans. JT III better hope this kid is the real deal on the offensive end there is no doubt he can play defense, but Georgetown will not to be an elite team next with their roster right now even with Noel. They overachieved this year and when they play in the NCAA Tournament they will get popped in the 1st/2nd round again.

Seriously, if you're an immigrant mother and have limited information regarding tradition and history and appreciation of the college basketball landscape and all you heard the last year was an assistant coach molesting ball boys, drugs, and whatever negative recruiting JTIII was spewing, what would you think Syracuse was? I mean it's not surprising. I'm not sure how strict his family is, but if I was 18 and I wanted to go play basketball at a school with my friend and my mom heard that it was non-stop sex and drugs and the coaches were caught (based on media portrayal) molesting little boys, she'd say no damn way you're going there.

Edited: for spelling and to add that Georgetown is likely a compromise between Noel and his mom. He gets to play in the Big East with MCW and she a place that doesn't have the negative rep that Syracuse has picked up lately.

I'm not sure that i heard any where that a coach at Syracuse was actually caught molesting little boys. I heard that one was ACCUSED of it. Huge difference...

I see the point you're tryimg to make, but at least have your facts straight if you want yo give your point any merit.

I think there are valid points all around for SU, UK and g-town...basically I am still hoping for the best, while planningfor/expecting the worst...

The kid Nerlens Noel has handled himself with class and dignity and if he chooses Georgetown then move on and start looking ahead to the future. Honestly, I hope we never play Georgetown again after we leave the Big East those losers can't fill their own arena and I am sick of the Orange being used to fill other teams arenas. We will have Maryland and the Virginia schools for the Mid-Atlantic fans. JT III better hope this kid is the real deal on the offensive end there is no doubt he can play defense, but Georgetown will not to be an elite team next with their roster right now even with Noel. They overachieved this year and when they play in the NCAA Tournament they will get popped in the 1st/2nd round again.
Overachieved this year and lost 2 of their best 3 offensive players.

They won't put up 60 a game next year.

I'm the same way.

The only bright side is that it won't hurt as much since we have a couple hours to prepare for the confirmation.
I'm listening to some Phil Collins in the hope that it calms me down and i don't smash the TV remote again.

I'm not sure that i heard any where that a coach at Syracuse was actually caught molesting little boys. I heard that one was ACCUSED of it. Huge difference...

I see the point you're tryimg to make, but at least have your facts straight if you want yo give your point any merit.

You know he's guilty in the court of public opinion though. That's the kicker.

so she picks a team for him that has bounties on their heads in the largest populated country in the world. I hope the triad blows up your institution(kidding? i really don't know).
wait, wut? I think some people have mis-read my posts. Outside of Syracuse alums and greater Onondaga county not very many people in the general population have a real positive opinion of the Syracuse University basketball program. ESPN and Yahoo have made sure of that. Meanwhile, Gtown and JTIII come across as principled and a compromise school. Do people outside of SU fans even remember the Gtown brawl?

You know he's guilty in the court of public opinion though. That's the kicker.
Bingo. He was guilty in the media's eyes the second ESPN posted that story. Notice Mark Schwarz has pretty much disappeared from TV now that his bombshell story has fizzled out to be a couple of liars and a big-money slander lawsuit by a slimy attorney.

Anyone else think that the playing time that Fab, MCW and Christmas got in their first years had anything to do with this decision. I am not disagreeing with Jim B., but this kid is determined to be a one and done, and wants to go somewhere were there is no competition for playing time. I am not criticizing Noel for this at all, just thinking it is a factor.

Great players want to be the defining reason for success, not being part of a great team. If he chooses Gtown, I would offer that Noel wants to be THE key player on Georgetown, not one of several great players at SU or Kentucky. Perhaps he feels that the next year is HIS time to shine which would be more probable at Gtown. I hope he still chooses SU but he and his family have a tough decision to make as to what's best for a single young man, and aren't most concerned about the long term implications for a school or program. If he's a one and done kind of player, why is SU a better option than Gtown? At least for Nerlens Noel and his family?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom