Its Georgetown - barring a change in the next 3 hours... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Its Georgetown - barring a change in the next 3 hours...

Jake - would you give us even a Lloyd Christmas chance of this changing by the time he announces?

He gives us a Lloyd Bridges chance.

(insert Airplane picture of sniffing glue here)

its a really interesting pick for noel going to gtown. they really dont have the supporting cast to be a contender. if they run the offense through nn like they did monroe and sims, noel staying out of foul trouble will be even more critical. from su's standpoint.. its a huge recruiting loss but we still are deep in the frontcourt and have now a good offensive weapon in the post. it also simplifies the rotation a bit more as well. in the national picture it leave things wide open just the same.

Great players want to be the defining reason for success, not being part of a great team. If he chooses Gtown, I would offer that Noel wants to be THE key player on Georgetown, not one of several great players at SU or Kentucky. Perhaps he feels that the next year is HIS time to shine which would be more probable at Gtown. I hope he still chooses SU but he and his family have a tough decision to make as to what's best for a single young man, and aren't most concerned about the long term implications for a school or program. If he's a one and done kind of player, why is SU a better option than Gtown? At least for Nerlens Noel and his family?

Isn't that why Kris Humphrey backed out of his commitment to powerhouse Duke--because he wanted to be a one-and-done, be the focal point of the offense, and get unlimited shot attempts? Since those were his goals, he ended up deciding to go to lowly Minnesota, where he could be THE MAN, as opposed to one of several great players at Duke.

Great players want to be the defining reason for success, not being part of a great team. If he chooses Gtown, I would offer that Noel wants to be THE key player on Georgetown, not one of several great players at SU or Kentucky. Perhaps he feels that the next year is HIS time to shine which would be more probable at Gtown. I hope he still chooses SU but he and his family have a tough decision to make as to what's best for a single young man, and aren't most concerned about the long term implications for a school or program. If he's a one and done kind of player, why is SU a better option than Gtown? At least for Nerlens Noel and his family?

It really comes down to what his goals and priorities are. I am not going to even try and guess. But if winning an NC was a goal, then you would think UK or SU would be first choice, but if there are other goals/priorties that could have g-town first. Would be curious after he makes his announcement/decision if says what his reasons are for his pick.

Seriously is ******* absurd that he would pick Gtown. I really loathe the recruiting process honestly. ******* corrupt system. Even when we win, we lose

Also..like it or not, race was involved

My money is on you getting banned tonight.

Atleast we know NN didn't get paid for his decision. I feel safe saying Georgetown didn't pay like the other potential suitor.

The biggest bummer about this is having to read all seven Gtown fans crowing about how great they're going to be and having to wait until next Jan for SU to whoop up on 'em again.

Shouldn't. Noel will be gone before Goodluck sets foot on a campus.
I know that...I was implying that Goodluck will have the thought in his mind that one of his boys shunned 'Cuse... just hope it doesn't plant negative thoughts in his head...

The biggest bummer about this is having to read all seven Gtown fans crowing about how great they're going to be and having to wait until next Jan for SU to whoop up on 'em again.

Seven? Did they do a nationwide serarch?

Anyone else think that the playing time that Fab, MCW and Christmas got in their first years had anything to do with this decision. I am not disagreeing with Jim B., but this kid is determined to be a one and done, and wants to go somewhere were there is no competition for playing time. I am not criticizing Noel for this at all, just thinking it is a factor.

If Fab played like Anthony Davis, he would have seen more time.

I know that...I was implying that Goodluck will have the thought in his mind that one of his boys shunned 'Cuse... just hope it doesn't plant negative thoughts in his head...
I feel like Goodluck's been pro-Cuse for a while. Tilton sends 4-5 guys to D1 schools yearly. We will need Goodluck more in 2 years than we need Noel this year IMO.

are you a syracuse fan?

plus, the Noels are Haitian, and the Thompsons probably remind them of Papa Doc & Baby Doc
papa-and-baby-doc-2.jpg
You just locked up a spot in the SyracuseFan.com Poster Hall of Fame.

Let's face it, Georgetown was probably his "best" choice, under the circumstances.
Reading his quotes after his visit, I kinda saw the writing on the wall- especially the part about his Mom & how much she liked JTII & III.
Also, although race may not have been the primary factor, the cultural similiarities between NN & a Patrick Ewing cannot be understimated. All the Thompson's had to do was talk about how they nurtured another New England/West Indian kid, Ewing, who led them to a NC and also got his degree.
Couple that with the GTown academics, our loaded roster, and the !tstorm over this past season and this comes as no surprise.
Personally, this becomes a "meteor program" choice- I wish both UK & GTown would get struck by a meteor regardless of who he chooses.
Next!:cool:

Jake et al, would be interested in reason why he chose GT. I know mom really was swayed...but what was the negatives about 'Cuse since one of his better friends are on the team; he felt more comfortible at 'Cuse...and the offense is more to his liking vs the Princeton offense; and the players are better at 'Cuse.
I had mentioned in previous posts that we have a talented front line and minutes, even if NN started, may be somewhat limited vs going to GT or even KY.

What are the reasons (did the Fine situation break the back)?????
Mom's influence and a little $$$ never hurts either..smh

It really comes down to what his goals and priorities are. I am not going to even try and guess. But if winning an NC was a goal, then you would think UK or SU would be first choice, but if there are other goals/priorties that could have g-town first. Would be curious after he makes his announcement/decision if says what his reasons are for his pick.
Is it better to be a big fish in a little pond, or a little fish in a big pond? If his college experience will be a single season, I'm thinking he wants to show his stuff THIS year. The lottery would be his goal, not being the final element to a NC season for any particular team. I still think he's a great player and will have a career in the NBA, but I have to believe that his first order of priority is preparing himself for the 2013 NBA draft.

Congrats to all 17 GTown fans. That's not even enough for a good tailgate.

Noel is lucky.

Not many kids have the opportunity to be cheered by 30,000+ fans one year, and booed by the same 30,000+ fans the next year.

Come on, it's been posted pretty much daily for a week. There were a lot of reasons he could choose Georgetown. The biggest reason was his trip he took to 39.94891 N -75.15005 W

Take off the orange glasses. This was a tough recruiting year for us. I'm happy we got Grant and DJC living in Cuse was a gift. If we keep clean, the stain of last year should fade away by next year. Fine, dope and bad Fab had their consequences.

I'm not worried about the future of the Cuse but I'm worried about the posters that could not interpret NN's tweet that his family (Mom) showed him the way. If you cannot interpret that obvious statement how are you going to hold down a job or a keep a girlfriend? We all know that Mom's choice is Georgetown. His Mom is protective and that does not mix with our bad press.

I'd rather see NN at GT than UK. We are after a NC and UK is more of a competitor than GT. We should beat GT next year and even if we screwed up and lost, the series will end with us in the lead. End of story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom