It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

I am okay losing but this ref should be fired.
He watches the play calls nothing and then Butler misses and he blows the whistle.
It's hilariously late. The call wasn't completely awful but the timing was pathetic.

It's a late call. Happens all the time. If refs got fired for that, basketball wouldn't have refs.

It's a late call. Happens all the time. If refs got fired for that, basketball wouldn't have refs.
That does not happen all the time. The ref called the foul after the buzzer sounded and the shot missed.
Basketball should have no refs if that happens all the time.

That does not happen all the time. The ref called the foul after the buzzer sounded and the shot missed.
Basketball should have no refs if that happens all the time.
You're talking about being one second late

You're talking about being one second late
The call was made after Butler missed the shot. That is pathetic timing.
Make the call right away.
The light went off and the shot is missed then the whistle blows.
That's horrible. Refs don't do that.

Refs call fouls after guys miss shots all the time. I'm not saying it's right, but there's probably one time per game when this happens.

Refs call fouls after guys miss shots all the time. I'm not saying it's right, but there's probably one time per game when this happens.
Last second of the game they do that?

Last second of the game they do that?

Yeah that's obviously different, how often do you get last second shots anyway?

They definitely have a habit of calling fouls when shots are missed where they clearly would let it go if the shot went in. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah that's obviously different, how often do you get last second shots anyway?

They definitely have a habit of calling fouls when shots are missed where they clearly would let it go if the shot went in. That's all I'm saying.
Okay well that I won't dispute I guess.
This loss honestly doesn't bother me because it's 1 of 82. I just think the call was pathetically late. The shot missed the light if off and then the ref on the baseline farthest away makes the call.
Ref Scott Foster is terrible.

The Wizards are killing it right now. If it wasn't for an unlikely Pistons buzzer-beater and a freakish Lebron banked in three falling out of bounds, they would have 17 straight wins.

The Wizards are killing it right now. If it wasn't for an unlikely Pistons buzzer-beater and a freakish Lebron banked in three falling out of bounds, they would have 17 straight wins.

I'm not saying it's 100% because of me, but they've been basically unstoppable ever since I moved here.

Also, it's 100% because of me.

Otto Porter has gone from looking like a complete bust to suddenly being one of the best shooters in the world. Remarkable.

Otto Porter has gone from looking like a complete bust to suddenly being one of the best shooters in the world. Remarkable.
GUYS DON'T GET BETTER IN THE NBA DAMMIT

If Wall and Beal can get along the whole year they have the 2nd most talent in the East.
The problem is we all the season is pointless until the WCF.
We know Cleveland is winning the East and Golden State-San Antonio should be the WCF.

If Wall and Beal can get along the whole year they have the 2nd most talent in the East.
The problem is we all the season is pointless until the WCF.
We know Cleveland is winning the East and Golden State-San Antonio should be the WCF.
Nah. Cleveland's vulnerable.

Washington is really wishign they had extended him before the season.

Nah. Cleveland's vulnerable.

As long as Lebron is healthy, I'm going to remain skeptical of this. One of these years I'm sure I'll be wrong, but not yet.

Lebron believes the same thing.

Hey, one of these years they're going to lose. And i'll probably look like an idiot when they do.

Though I think Lebron thinks the opposite; if he thought everything was fine he wouldn't be so outspoken about the Cavs needing to improve.

Washington is really wishign they had extended him before the season.

It sounds like people expect him to get a max deal now; crazy.

Speaking of crazy, you have a bunch of people saying Otto will get the max, and now have Chris Mannix saying he doesn't think a single team would offer Isaiah Thomas a max deal lol.

Hey, one of these years they're going to lose. And i'll probably look like an idiot when they do.

Though I think Lebron thinks the opposite; if he thought everything was fine he wouldn't be so outspoken about the Cavs needing to improve.
This is where Lebron the GM really irritates me.

They've tapped everything out. Lebron wanted his friends to get paid. Now, their resources are limited and nobody's all that motivated to help the Cavs get better in exchange for crap.

Resources are finite. Lebron doesn't believe in stars taking a cut. He wants his buddies to get coin. He wants ownership to spend above and beyond, which they have, but even then the salary cap limits things. Yet if he doesn't like his team he's gotta have moar.

I don't think Cleveland can beat San Antonio or Houston as currently constructed, let alone Golden State.

It sounds like people expect him to get a max deal now; crazy.

Speaking of crazy, you have a bunch of people saying Otto will get the max, and now have Chris Mannix saying he doesn't think a single team would offer Isaiah Thomas a max deal lol.
Otto Porter's max is 22 million per year.
Isaiah Thomas's max is 32 million per year.
I doubt teams would pay IT 32 million per year.

I don't think Porter getting the max is that crazy. I would take him over Harrison Barnes and we saw what happened there.

DeMarcus Cousins is going to sign a 5 year 200+ million extension this summer.

Otto Porter's max is 22 million per year.
Isaiah Thomas's max is 32 million per year.
I doubt teams would pay IT 32 million per year.

I find it very hard to believe that a guy that will finish in the top 7 of MVP voting couldn't even get a max deal from a team like the Nets who desperately need a star and have no way of acquiring one. I certainly don't think Isaiah will be paid less than Otto like Chris Mannix believes.