It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

I would love Carmelo in Green. F the haters, the Celtics organization knows how to play team basketball and win. It'd be a great change of scenery and culture for Melo.

I would love Carmelo in Green. F the haters, the Celtics organization knows how to play team basketball and win. It'd be a great change of scenery and culture for Melo.
They would immediately challenge the Cavs.

Melo's not intimidated by Lebron.

I also think the NBA should expand by 2 teams.
Put a team in Las Vegas, and Seattle. Move Minnesota to the East.
There is enough talent for 30 more players.
8 four team divisions.

It sounds like this is the NBA's plan, except they'd be moving into Seattle and Louisville/Mexico City instead of Vegas and Memphis would move to the East.

I swear to god if all this hype just leads to that damn Bogut trade I will put my head through my laptop

I swear to god if all this hype just leads to that damn Bogut trade I will put my head through my laptop
I prefer to do nothing. Jimmy Butler isn't pushing the C's past Cleveland.

Jimmy Butler for Crowder, Smart and this year's Brooklyn pick is too much for me.

The offseason is time to make that move to give him time to gel.

Bogut for one of the thousand picks Danny has would be fine. It could get them past Washington if he rebounds.

I prefer to do nothing. Jimmy Butler isn't pushing the C's past Cleveland.

Jimmy Butler for Crowder, Smart and this year's Brooklyn pick is too much for me.

The offseason is time to make that move to give him time to gel.

Bogut for one of the thousand picks Danny has would be fine. It could get them past Washington if he rebounds.

Clevelands injuries paired with Avery Bradley being at the extent of his bargaining worth gives us a very unique opportunity to land a star and still be able to resign Isaiah Thomas to a future super max deal.

I really think now's the time to push for either Butler or Melo - even more so George if the Pacers can't make the money to resign him.

Butlers the one i'd like the least to trade for, but he's a star and a lock down wing defender. We'd immediately contend in my opinion.

All things being said, no matter what I'd hate to lose Jae Crowder.

Clevelands injuries paired with Avery Bradley being at the extent of his bargaining worth gives us a very unique opportunity to land a star and still be able to resign Isaiah Thomas to a future super max deal.

I really think now's the time to push for either Butler or Melo - even more so George if the Pacers can't make the money to resign him.

Butlers the one i'd like the least to trade for, but he's a star and a lock down wing defender. We'd immediately contend in my opinion.

If I was Boston, Butler would rank well ahead of Melo. (even with George, i think, were he to be available). Butler is way younger than Melo, and he's a better player already.

Bradley is going to be traded in the offseason.
Thomas is going to get paid but Boston isn't giving him 32 mill per.

Butler is like a 25% upgrade on Crowder. He doesn't do it for me.

I would keep the pick get Fultz or Ball trade Bradley and you have young studs with decent vets.

Bradley is going to be traded in the offseason.
Thomas is going to get paid but Boston isn't giving him 32 mill per.

Butler is like a 25% upgrade on Crowder. He doesn't do it for me.

I would keep the pick get Fultz or Ball trade Bradley and you have young studs with decent vets.

Even if we monopolize the best young talent in the league, Cleveland will be healthy and probably add another stupid good piece. It's going to be years until we're legit contenders that way.

Butler scores more points as he is the number one option. Butler's D has gone down as his offense up.
Crowder gets 14 per game and his contract for 3 more years is peanuts.

Butler is a top 15-20 player he isn't winning the Celtics anything.

Even if we monopolize the best young talent in the league, Cleveland will be healthy and probably add another stupid good piece. It's going to be years until we're legit contenders that way.
As long as LeBron is healthy he is winning the East.
I am not overpaying for Jimmy Butler.
Butler is a nice player but he isn't a franchise guy why would Chicago give that up.

Paul George I would give up Brooklyn picks and two of Smart/Bradley/Rozier

George with Thomas, Horford is a contender.

If I was Boston, Butler would rank well ahead of Melo. (even with George, i think, were he to be available). Butler is way younger than Melo, and he's a better player already.

Respectfully disagree. Don't like Butler's attitude, and I don't think he has the cajones Melo has when facing Lebron.

Paul George I would give up Brooklyn picks and two of Smart/Bradley/Rozier

George with Thomas, Horford is a contender.

I agree. I prefer George or Melo.

Never wanted Butler or Griffin.

Respectfully disagree. Don't like Butler's attitude, and I don't think he has the cajones Melo has when facing Lebron.

There have been some issues with B utler in Chicago, but I guess you could say the same thing about Melo, maybe not to the same extent. I get the idea with Butler, but he's way younger. Melo isn't t he same player he used to be; I'm not saying he's bad or anything, he isn't. But if I'm Boston, I'm not going all in on Melo at this stage of his career.

I also think the Melo vs Lebron thing is vastly overrated. But that's probably just me. Where is all this success Melo has had against Lebron?

There have been some issues with B utler in Chicago, but I guess you could say the same thing about Melo, maybe not to the same extent. I get the idea with Butler, but he's way younger. Melo isn't t he same player he used to be; I'm not saying he's bad or anything, he isn't. But if I'm Boston, I'm not going all in on Melo at this stage of his career.

I also think the Melo vs Lebron thing is vastly overrated. But that's probably just me. Where is all this success Melo has had against Lebron?

Im not saying Melo's on Lebron's level. He's absolutely not. However, Melo would give us a Paul Pierce like veteran that given the right pieces around him, would understand his role as the head vet and would not back down for a second against Lebron.

Think he gives us the veteran star that we had in Pierce vs. Lebron. The last time we had a glimmer of hope to beat the king.

Melo over Butler for me because of Phil killed his trade value and can be had for a lot less.
I would take Melo at PF with Thomas/Bradley/Smart backcourt
Crowder/Brown/Horford/ Olynuk front court

He would cost nothing more than Amir Johnson and Jerreko or Zeller and a non Brooklyn first round pick Boston has 4 other 1st round picks in the future to deal. Pick a Clippers/Grizz/Suns pick or one of the two First round stashes they took last year. The French draymond Green or the kid in Turkey blowing up under David Blatt.

Im not saying Melo's on Lebron's level. He's absolutely not. However, Melo would give us a Paul Pierce like veteran that given the right pieces around him, would understand his role as the head vet and would not back down for a second against Lebron.

Think he gives us the veteran star that we had in Pierce vs. Lebron. The last time we had a glimmer of hope to beat the king.
Game 7 2008 Cleveland-Boston duel gets forgotten. Pierce had over 40 to match LeBron and the Celtics won and went on to beat Detroit and LA in 6 games. Cleveland gave them their toughest series that year.

Game 7 2008 Cleveland-Boston duel gets forgotten. Pierce had over 40 to match LeBron and the Celtics won and went on to beat Detroit and LA in 6 games. Cleveland gave them their toughest series that year.

Paul Pierce is forever my favorite basketball player. Hope he finds a career coaching.

I know you're not saying Melo is Lebron; no one is going to make that claim anymore. I'm just really not sure about this whole idea that Melo has this mythical ability to go at Lebron or something. They met in the playoffs 5 years ago, when Melo was better than he is now, and the Knicks got housed in 5 and Melo shot 42% from the field. Melo is 4 and 11 against Lebron since (not including that playoff series)

Butler is one of the best 2 way players in the game and is 5 years younger, I just think it's a no brainer.

I know you're not saying Melo is Lebron; no one is going to make that claim anymore. I'm just really not sure about this whole idea that Melo has this mythical ability to go at Lebron or something. They met in the playoffs 5 years ago, when Melo was better than he is now, and the Knicks got housed in 5 and Melo shot 42% from the field. Melo is 4 and 11 against Lebron since (not including that playoff series)

Butler is one of the best 2 way players in the game and is 5 years younger, I just think it's a no brainer.
Would you rather have
Melo/Crowder/Smart/Bradley/ 2017 top 4 NBA draft pick
Or
Butler/one of Smart/Bradley

Obviously Butler is the better player the trade compensation is drastically different.

Would you rather have
Melo/Crowder/Smart/Bradley/ 2017 top 4 NBA draft pick
Or
Butler/one of Smart/Bradley

Obviously Butler is the better player the trade compensation is drastically different.

Yeah that's fine, I get that. I'm just talking player for player.

I still might rather have the second package, but I get your point.

I agree that if the Celtics can get Butler, that's probably the move to make.

With Melo I think it's more of a mental thing. Melo believes he can compete with Lebron, and has excelled beyond Lebron in a few settings (college and the Olympics). Melo sees himself as a peer.