It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

He seems like a cool dude off the court, he comes off well (to me, at least) when he does Lowe's podcast. On the court, I dunno.

I'm talking on the court. His antics at BC would really irritate me.

I didn't care for him calling Melo overrated(Melo lit him up on court shortly after, lol). He completely overreacted on that Smith screen. That tough guy act while a scrawny old guy is able to hold you back and move you away never sits right with me.

I didn't care for him calling Melo overrated(Melo lit him up on court shortly after, lol). He completely overreacted on that Smith screen. That tough guy act while a scrawny old guy is able to hold you back and move you away never sits right with me.

Yeah he didnt come off too well in that clip

and yet you are Dion Waiters' most ardent supporter :noidea:

it's not just you; if it wasn't for double standards, most of us wouldn't have any at all!

and yet you are Dion Waiters' most ardent supporter :noidea:

it's not just you; if it wasn't for double standards, most of us wouldn't have any at all!

1. Dion didn't have a ton of antics on the court at Cuse. No more than your average player nowadays. I'm used to most players having some...Dudley was so over the top that he stood out.

2. That said, I was a huge Devendorf fan. And I would've hated his antics if he played for a rival school. That's part of being a sports fan.

3. I haven't seen Dion randomly insult any future hall of fame players for no real reason.

4. Has Dion been in any physical altercations on the court like what Dudley did in that video? I don't remember any.

LA Lakers / Phoenix tonight in a tank off!

SAS / GSW: Kawhi is out due to concussion protocol and Kerr is resting Steph, Klay, Iggy and Draymond.

ABC must be livid.

Figured we can use this thread to get opinions on guys as they declare for the draft. First guy to go - Markelle Fultz:

I'm linking The Ringer articles on him, but please add if you have any:
Tjarks (from Dec): Markelle Fultz Is Your Dream Point Guard Prospect Come to Life
O'Connor (from Jan): Scouting Possible No. 1 Pick Markelle Fultz in Person
Titus (from March): College Basketball’s Best Player Can’t Get Any Love

I'm not sure how high is ceiling is (I'm always cynical about almost every prospect's top end ceiling), but I think the biggest issue will be where he lands. I think him ending up on the Celtics would be interesting based on what they do with IT, but I think Fultz with a team like the Cs, with Brad Stevens, even without IT, would be the best spot.

Last edited:
SAS / GSW: Kawhi is out due to concussion protocol and Kerr is resting Steph, Klay, Iggy and Draymond.

ABC must be livid.

These back-to-back games, particularly for teams on road trips, have to go, or at least be kept to a minimum. Starting the season a little earlier next season is supposed to help remedy that, we shall see.

I don't blame coaches for resting guys (e.g., LeBron sat out an ABC Saturday night game recently against his boy Wade in Chicago). Pop started it, or so it seemed, and now it's becoming common practice, particularly as teams focus on the big picture -- the post-season -- down the home stretch of the 82-game regular season.

These back-to-back games, particularly for teams on road trips, have to go, or at least be kept to a minimum. Starting the season a little earlier next season is supposed to help remedy that, we shall see.

I don't blame coaches for resting guys (e.g., LeBron sat out an ABC Saturday night game recently against his boy Wade in Chicago). Pop started it, or so it seemed, and now it's becoming common practice, particularly as teams focus on the big picture -- the post-season -- down the home stretch of the 82-game regular season.

Two things about this as well:

1) I believe this is the sixth time in a row that GSW plays SAS at SAS on a back to back. I think Kerr is totally fed up with it.
2) I have to find it, but now that there are clear reports from how players play on back to backs, when to rest them, etc, the NBA has to adjust the schedule, like you stated.

Two things about this as well:

1) I believe this is the sixth time in a row that GSW plays SAS at SAS on a back to back. I think Kerr is totally fed up with it.
2) I have to find it, but now that there are clear reports from how players play on back to backs, when to rest them, etc, the NBA has to adjust the schedule, like you stated.

That's insane if true

C6rZ2sYVAAAvXnk

Knicks fans...what is going on with Melo? Why isn't he shooting/scoring like usual? Trying to feed Porzingis? Tired? Not motivated with the all star game/ trade deadline being gone and the Knicks looking like they're out of the playoff race?

Or is it just a coincidence?

He's on both my fantasy teams and I'm not used to him 1. Not getting buckets and 2. Not shooting much for multiple games in a row.

Last edited:
Knicks fans...what is going on with Melo? Why isn't he shooting/scoring like usual? Trying to feed Porzingis? Tired? Not motivated with the all star game/ trade deadline being gone and the Knicks looking like they're out of the playoff race?

He's on bo,y fantasy teams and I'm not used to him 1. Not getting buckets and 2. Not shooting much for multiple games in a row.

My guess is after he made his comments on Dirk (playing 20 yrs, 30k) that Phil ordered a code red on Melo to try to force him out of NY

He's on both my fantasy teams and I'm not used to him 1. Not getting buckets and 2. Not shooting much for multiple games in a row.
He seemed pretty motivated for a long time and has missed very few games this season, despite dealing with some nagging injuries. If there is something physically off now, he should sit. I would hate to think he is going into tank mode at the team's request, and would be surprised if he would even do so if asked. Perhaps it's the team's revived obsession with the Triangle that has thrown him off temporarily. But who knows?

Figured we can use this thread to get opinions on guys as they declare for the draft. First guy to go - Markelle Fultz:

I'm linking The Ringer articles on him, but please add if you have any:
Tjarks (from Dec): Markelle Fultz Is Your Dream Point Guard Prospect Come to Life
O'Connor (from Jan): Scouting Possible No. 1 Pick Markelle Fultz in Person
Titus (from March): College Basketball’s Best Player Can’t Get Any Love

I'm not sure how high is ceiling is (I'm always cynical about almost every prospect's top end ceiling), but I think the biggest issue will be where he lands. I think him ending up on the Celtics would be interesting based on what they do with IT, but I think Fultz with a team like the Cs, with Brad Stevens, even without IT, would be the best spot.

Fultz is the type of prospect that these tanking teams have been hoping for. Kid is an absolute do-it-all stud. Far and away the #1 prospect in this draft IMO.

Fultz is the type of prospect that these tanking teams have been hoping for. Kid is an absolute do-it-all stud. Far and away the #1 prospect in this draft IMO.
Why didn't his college team win more?

Why didn't his college team win more?

Did you ever watch them play? He would have killed to have teammates the caliber of Ben Simmons' teammates at LSU lol. Without him, they probably would have been the worst team in the Pac 12.

Did you ever watch them play? He would have killed to have teammates the caliber of Ben Simmons' teammates at LSU lol. Without him, they probably would have been the worst team in the Pac 12.
I haven't. Am genuinely curious. It's just weird to me when a no-brainer #1 guy in the draft comes from a college team that isn't good.

I haven't. Am genuinely curious. It's just weird to me when a no-brainer #1 guy in the draft comes from a college team that isn't good.

Yeah, I have no idea why he went to Washington but that team is just pathetic. I've watched a handful of his games and you just have to flip to another game when he isn't on the court; it's brutal to watch.

I want Lonzo Ball over Fultz if Boston wins the lottery.
Bill Walton who I deem a pretty good judge of NBA talent and who is rarely negative wasn't a fan of Fultz.
He without saying it implied Fultz was selfish and not a great teammate when Washington played Arizona.

Ball's dad doesn't bother me and I see a Jason Kidd ish game from him.

I don't know Fultz NBA comp.

I want Lonzo Ball over Fultz if Boston wins the lottery.
Bill Walton who I deem a pretty good judge of NBA talent and who is rarely negative wasn't a fan of Fultz.
He without saying it implied Fultz was selfish and not a great teammate when Washington played Arizona.

Ball's dad doesn't bother me and I see a Jason Kidd ish game from him.

I don't know Fultz NBA comp.

I think Ball will be a bust personally, but we'll see. I don't think he'll be able to turn the corner in the NBA with his loose ball-handling and relatively lacking quickness. I enjoy Walton as a commentator because he's fun, but he's so incredibly biased...I wouldn't really trust him to judge his favorite player's competition for the #1 pick.