It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

They have to have a center on each team, which is the biggest joke I think. DeAndre isn't one of the 15 best players in the league. Not close.

These teams should be two guards and three forwards/centers.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it were just 1 guard, 1 forward, and 3 wildcards or something like that.

I have LeBron as my MVP but one voter kept him off first team for Leonard and Durant.

I was shocked only Hardon was first on all 100 ballots.

I love Anthony Davis more than most but Gobert was the better player this year I thought.

I was surprised Kyrie didn't even make 3rd team.

What would be the argument for not putting Lebron on the first team? Mind boggling that he wasn't unanimous

Is there a package you people think the Celtics could make for Anthony Davis.
What would it take for New Orleans to trade him.

What would be the argument for not putting Lebron on the first team? Mind boggling that he wasn't unanimous

I could see people putting Kawhi ahead of LeBron like they did for their MVP ballots. Beyond that, you'd have to basically say Durant was better than LeBron this year and played enough games to warrant it. Had Durant been healthy all year, I think he'd be ahead of LeBron.

But considering that wasn't the case, it's pretty silly that LeBron didn't get all 100.

Edit: Well we found one person who disagrees. Stephen A Smith says we all must be smoking something if we don't think Durant should be on the first team.

Is there a package you people think the Celtics could make for Anthony Davis.
What would it take for New Orleans to trade him.

Literally like all of your assets. I don't think there's a realistic offer out there that gets New Orleans to even briefly consider it. You could offer Fultz, the 2018 Brooklyn pick, Jaylen Brown, and all your stash guys and I'd bet New Orleans laughs you off the phone.

Literally like all of your assets. I don't think there's a realistic offer out there that gets New Orleans to even briefly consider it. You could offer Fultz, the 2018 Brooklyn pick, Jaylen Brown, and all your stash guys and I'd bet New Orleans laughs you off the phone.
Yeah your probably right.
I like Anthony Davis but needs to make the playoffs above an 8 seed.

Anthony Davis struggles imo enhances Carmelo Anthony legacy. He made the playoffs every year in Denver in a loaded West and really not a stacked team.

Is the comp of a slightly less speedy John Wall good for Fultz?

Celtics can play Thomas and Fultz together.

I could see people putting Kawhi ahead of LeBron like they did for their MVP ballots. Beyond that, you'd have to basically say Durant was better than LeBron this year and played enough games to warrant it. Had Durant been healthy all year, I think he'd be ahead of LeBron.

But considering that wasn't the case, it's pretty silly that LeBron didn't get all 100.

Edit: Well we found one person who disagrees. Stephen A Smith says we all must be smoking something if we don't think Durant should be on the first team.

I'm happy to be on the other side of SAS on pretty much anything.

The minutes played makes it a no brainer for Lebron, was KD better per minute? Lebron was 25-8-8 per 36, 62% true shooting. KD was 27-9-5, 65% true shooting. (Jesus, 65%!)

Maybe he was, but when in doubt, I'm defaulting to Lebron

Is the comp of a slightly less speedy John Wall good for Fultz?

Celtics can play Thomas and Fultz together.

I think Fultz is more like CJ McCollum with more point skills. Fultz is really good both on and off the ball; a truly special scorer who is also a good creator for his teammates. I know a lot of people view him as a right-handed James Harden.

I don't think Wall is the right comparison for him; Fultz is likely a much better shooter and doesn't have anywhere near the burst that Wall does. Fultz is a great scorer because despite not having great burst, he has so many tricks in his bag that he's able to shake his defender more often than not.

Yeah your probably right.
I like Anthony Davis but needs to make the playoffs above an 8 seed.

Anthony Davis struggles imo enhances Carmelo Anthony legacy. He made the playoffs every year in Denver in a loaded West and really not a stacked team.

I think Melo's supporting cast has frequently been a little underrated. Not saying they were great, but take Melo's second year, 2005. Melo was second on the team in minutes played. First was Andre Miller. Guy played in the league for a long time,g ood player. Kenyon Martin was third in minutes, another good player who played for a while. Ditto Marcus Camby, who was 5th. These aren't really all star guys, but at the level below that. Good NBA players who were all in the prime of their career (30 or younger)

2016, Davis missed 20 games. And the leaders in minutes are guys like Ryan Anderson, Dante Cunningham, Jrue Holiday, Alonzo Gee. Some solid players, some...not so much

I think Melo's supporting cast has frequently been a little underrated. Not saying they were great, but take Melo's second year, 2005. Melo was second on the team in minutes played. First was Andre Miller. Guy played in the league for a long time,g ood player. Kenyon Martin was third in minutes, another good player who played for a while. Ditto Marcus Camby, who was 5th. These aren't really all star guys, but at the level below that. Good NBA players who were all in the prime of their career (30 or younger)

2016, Davis missed 20 games. And the leaders in minutes are guys like Ryan Anderson, Dante Cunningham, Jrue Holiday, Alonzo Gee. Some solid players, some...not so much
New Orleans next year has a chance I guess.
If they resign Jrue Holiday.

New Orleans has bungled a lot of their recent picks.
2012-Austin Rivers
2013- traded Nerlens Noel and their 2014 pick for Jrue Holiday
2014- lost Elfrid Payton in the trade above
2015- traded their pick for Omar Asik the pick was(Sam Dekker)
2016- drafted Buddy Hield and traded him and their 2017 pick for DeMarcus Cousins.
2017- no pick

New Orleans is a sneaky contender for the worst run franchise.

2012-Austin Rivers
2016- drafted Buddy Hield and traded him and their 2017 pick for DeMarcus Cousins.
2017- no pick

yeah Davis covers up some of their sins; like you can't totally bottom out if you have Davis on your team, but they've so far down a poor job surrounding Davis with talent. Davis and Cousins though, that could be something

Also you did ignore a pretty good pick they made in 2012. Just saying...

2012-Austin Rivers
2017- no pick

Yeah, and this isn't even getting to some of their signings like Solomon Hill. Davis, Cousins, and Holiday is a nice little trio, but they have so little around them.

The Celtics trainer should throw in the towel. What a beat down.

And LeBron's not one of the three finalists for league MVP? I want a special prosecutor.

Can't believe I'm saying this but maybe the Celtics should resign Bradley and trade IT. He could average 50 ppg against everyone and still not be the guard to have a shot vs the Cavs. Guy's getting victimized. Need a leader.

I don't know how they can retain this years #1 pick, get hayward and one of pgIII and Butler...but they gotta try.

Can we just fast forward to the Finals already?

The NBA is turning into Women's CBB with two UConns and nobody else who can do anything.

Can't believe I'm saying this but maybe the Celtics should resign Bradley and trade IT. He could average 50 ppg against everyone and still not be the guard to have a shot vs the Cavs. Guy's getting victimized. Need a leader.

I don't know how they can retain this years #1 pick, get hayward and one of pgIII and Butler...but they gotta try.

I agree, keep the pick, see what you can get for Isaiah.

I'm watching old Monday Night Raw episodes on WWE Network.

Officially checked out until the finals start. Least interesting season and playoffs ever, until the finals start.

Paul Pierce and KG are probably throwing up right now.

Hell, resign Rajon Rondo.

I think the Celtics worst mistake right now would be to deal away Brown and Bradley.

Use 2 guys you know, from this post season, you can't further build around. People will give us value for Crowder and IT.

I'm watching old Monday Night Raw episodes on WWE Network.

Officially checked out until the finals start. Least interesting season and playoffs ever, until the finals start.
This can't be good for the NBA, can it? The Finals will be Super Bowl level but nobody I know cares about the regular season or playoffs.

I'm a big NBA guy and I can officially say that this has been the most boring season since I started watching Inside Stuff with Ahmad Rashad as a little kid.

When SU vs SJU 2017 is a more admirable performance.