It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

IT made 2nd team all-NBA.
Avery Bradley plays 50-60 games each year cause he can't stay healthy.

I would trade IT for a real asset not a dump.

I think bradley and a pick could get Aldridge.

IT could make the hall of fame for all I care, he's not the guy vs the Cavs.

This isn't a league where beating the 3rd and 4th best teams matter anymore unfortunately. Gotta build to compete against the only 2 teams that matter.

IT could make the hall of fame for all I care, he's not the guy vs the Cavs.

This isn't a league where beating the 3rd and 4th best teams matter anymore unfortunately. Gotta build to compete against the only 2 teams that matter.

Switch IT and Kyrie and you get the same results.

Build up the best team you can for the future and wait it out until Lebron gets too old.

Switch IT and Kyrie and you get the same results.

Build up the best team you can for the future and wait it out until Lebron gets too old.

Eh I don't think Lillard or Wall let their teams lose like that. Never saw Rondo look that hopeless when he led to C's.

The Celtics trainer should throw in the towel. What a beat down.

And LeBron's not one of the three finalists for league MVP? I want a special prosecutor.

My favorite part of this last paragraph is that all the media guys complaining about LeBron not being a finalist also didn't vote for him to be a finalist.

Last edited:
Celebrate the game. "Ali-Frazier III" is gonna be fun!

I've poo poohed all the blah blah blah about the Cavs porous defense, feeling they'll turn it on when it matters. GS a far more-difficult defensive task, but, 9 1/2 games into the Cavs post-season, I like what I see. This team's playing better than the Cavs who won it all last year.
I hope the Cavs can poo poo and blah blah their way to a few wins in the finals. These playoffs kinda blow.:)

You see parity can also be a bad thing. Take the NFL for example. Lots of variance in that sport and you end up with Eli Manning, a below average QB, winning 2 rings and people on this forum think he's a Hall of Famer.

Can we just fast forward to the Finals already?

The NBA is turning into Women's CBB with two UConns and nobody else who can do anything.

The standard line from NBA haters is that you only need to watch the 4th quarter. Sadly that's what this entire season has become. I'll see everyone on June 1st

Brad Stephens can't win the big one.

Brad Stephens took a "rebuilding year team" that Doc wanted nothing to do with and turned them into playoff contenders immediately.

I'd give him at least 2 more years and let him build the team. They simply don't have the pieces right now. I mean they beat the Wizards and Bulls, they played like they were expected. The cavs are a different level.

I wish I hd stuck to my original take that I wasn't worried by the Cavs poor play to end the season; the first couple games against Indy worried me though.

I wish I hd stuck to my original take that I wasn't worried by the Cavs poor play to end the season; the first couple games against Indy worried me though.
Have faith. The Warriors aren't going to put up with the Cavs crap.

Beating up on inferior Eastern conference teams.

It's the only way adjustments will be made. If the Celtics can't be competitive in game three, I hope the cavs beat them by 60 in game 4.

Time for real changes.

It's the only way adjustments will be made. If the Celtics can't be competitive in game three, I hope the cavs beat them by 60 in game 4.

Time for real changes.
Isaiah is tapping out they are going to get killed in games 3 and 4.

This series was an eye opener.

They beat a more talented Wizards team. However aren't close to a title contender.

The gap between 2 and 3 is huge. Cavs-Spurs and the gap between 3 and 4 is even larger.

I think the Celtics could have beaten the Rockets in a 7 game series.
No chance with Warriors/Cavs/Spurs.

Have faith. The Warriors aren't going to put up with the Cavs crap.

I still think the Warriors will win, but it will probably be close. I was thinking more that i was worried the Cavs wouldn't glide through the east

This Iggy injury is low key huge. They need him to guard lebron

If they keep IT as a main piece moving forward, they might as well plan for post-Lebron.
IT isn't the problem.
They have no wing scoring.
Jae Crowder solid role player
They have no second wing.
Al Horford is their second best player and is a point center.

Celtics need a second guy who can dribble and get to the rim.(Fultz)
And a second scorer they can throw the ball to and get points(Blake or Hayward)

They are a team of an elite scorer and good to great role players.
Avery Bradley
Marcus Smart
Kelly Olynyk

They aren't beating LeBron because LeBron is a top 3 alltime player.

It sucks they finished 2nd for Kevin Durant last summer because he is exactly what they need to have a chance to beat Cleveland.

They have cap space for 1 max deal and they can add Fultz and make IT the SG.

IT isn't the problem.
They have no wing scoring.
Jae Crowder solid role player
They have no second wing.
Al Horford is their second best player and is a point center.

Celtics need a second guy who can dribble and get to the rim.(Fultz)
And a second scorer they can throw the ball to and get points(Blake or Hayward)

They are a team of an elite scorer and good to great role players.
Avery Bradley
Marcus Smart
Kelly Olynyk

They aren't beating LeBron because LeBron is a top 3 alltime player.

It sucks they finished 2nd for Kevin Durant last summer because he is exactly what they need to have a chance to beat Cleveland.

They have cap space for 1 max deal and they can add Fultz and make IT the SG.

It was never about this year, the Celtics did what they had to do getting to the ecf, getting the number one pick is much more important than whatever happened in this series.

You made the ECF and have the #1 pick. Boston is in a great spot going forward.

True.

But the cavs have THREE #1 picks already as vets on their team, plus by far the greatest player on earth. Their backup point guard's been more effective than our superstar.

It's going to be years if we build around IT and Horford.

I still think the Warriors will win, but it will probably be close. I was thinking more that i was worried the Cavs wouldn't glide through the east

This Iggy injury is low key huge. They need him to guard lebron
I think they're angry about last season.

It'll be like that year when the Spurs wanted the Heat.

True.

But the cavs have THREE #1 picks already as vets on their team, plus by far the greatest player on earth. Their backup point guard's been more effective than our superstar.

It's going to be years if we build around IT and Horford.
Kyrie and LeBron were first overall picks who is the 3rd?

Love/Thompson/Krover/JR the meat of the rotation weren't 1st overall.