It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Claim the NY Jets and NY Titans championships as well and
The Islanders hockey cups.
I wouldn't, but the City can. theres millions of fans of both teams per sport and millions of fans who like jets and/or islanders only.

nice win last night.

im stunned. I only checked the score early in 2nd half, saw it was going the way id thought it be...and never turned it on.

wonder how many others out there like me??

people may not give game 4 just a cursory look now.

I wouldn't, but the City can. theres millions of fans of both teams per sport and millions of fans who like jets and/or islanders only.

nice win last night.

im stunned. I only checked the score early in 2nd half, saw it was going the way id thought it be...and never turned it on.

wonder how many others out there like me??

people may not give game 4 just a cursory look now.
It's over in 5. LeBron played the worst game of his NBA career last night that isn't happening again.

Maybe they can steal game 5 with pride but the no sweep was a bonus.

I feel for Knicks fans Philip Jackson is a real punk.

Knicks make matters with Porzingis worse by firing assistant

KD needs to chill. Why is he always being a d**k?

On the Playoffs: "If the fans don't like it, don't watch". Ok, maybe you don't feel like making millions per year because that doesn't happen without fans.

People called him a "nice guy" early in his career and he's determined to do everything he can to prove everyone wrong. We get it KD, you're a big bad dude ::rolls eyes::

Yeah, he seems like a weird guy and a cornball.

GREAT player though.

On the Playoffs: "If the fans don't like it, don't watch". Ok, maybe you don't feel like making millions per year because that doesn't happen without fans.

I don't really see the issue with what he said honestly. The question was along the lines of "How do you feel about fans thinking these games have been boring due to the lopsided scores?" and he said (paraphrasing) that every team is trying to blow the opponent out. That's literally the point of the game; to win.

It isn't Durant's job to take it easy on opponents. Obviously it's annoying to uninvested fans that these games haven't even been competitive, but it's not really in the player's control to change that. It's the NBA's fault for creating rules that allow the creation of these superteams/Golden State happened to get lucky with the timing of a lot of their contracts. What is Durant really supposed to do in this situation?

Last edited:

you know why aren't watching and why we don't like it, KD??? because douchebag d1cks like you are leaving good teams to go to great teams to make them greater.

its the whimpification of America.

you don't want to really work and earn that title, you just want to be along for the ride when one comes.

we need to treat the NBA like a bar league home run pool.

start categorizing people as Group A, B, C and Field.

each team can have 1 each per group from A-C and fill the roster out with the field.

to hell with this nonsense.

I don't really see the issue with what he said honestly. The question was along the lines of "How do you feel about fans thinking these games have been boring due to the lopsided scores?" and he said (paraphrasing) that every team is trying to blow the opponent out. That's literally the point of the game; to win.

It isn't Durant's job to take it easy on opponents. Obviously it's annoying to uninvested fans that these games haven't even been competitive, but it's not really in the player's control to change that. It's the NBA's fault for creating rules that allow the creation of these superteams/Golden State happened to get lucky with the timing of a lot of their contracts. What is Durant really supposed to do in this situation?

He understands that the context for the question is aren't these games boring since you bailed on your previous team so you could go full SuperGroup with this team? He's touchy because he knows he jumped ship and joined hands with his former rivals, and that's weak in the eyes of many. Many, many.

He understands that the context for the question is aren't these games boring since you bailed on your previous team so you could go full SuperGroup with this team? He's touchy because he knows he jumped ship and joined hands with his former rivals, and that's weak in the eyes of many. Many, many.

Maybe that was part of the question, (and I'm sure he's touchy) but I also think the context was the number of blowouts in general, not just the Warriors.

The Warriors, btw, have won 26 of their last 27.

Maybe that was part of the question, (and I'm sure he's touchy) but I also think the context was the number of blowouts in general, not just the Warriors.

Imagine if Klay was playing to his abilities. He's had a pretty below average playoff for him and they are still 12-0.

Imagine if Klay was playing to his abilities. He's had a pretty below average playoff for him and they are still 12-0.

They won 73 games last year...and added Kevin Durant. it's kind of mind boggling to actually think about

No one will care about the non-Finals series except for hardcore NBA fans.

GSW/CLE will be a huge draw with three of the top seven players (at least) and arguably the top three NBA players in the league right now.

It will showcase a top three NBA player of all time, the best shooter of all time, arguably the best scorer of all time (KD) and arguably another top five shooter of all time (Klay). This isn't even counting Draymond, Kyrie and K Love.

It will be the rubber match that never happened in the 80s because Houston took the Lakers spot in 86 against the Cs.

The story lines are too huge for this upcoming series:
If CLE wins and Bron gets Finals MVP, there is a legitimate argument he is the GOAT.
If GSW wins, you are looking at arguably the best single-season team of all time (especially if they win like 4-1 over the Cavs after going 12-0 leading up).

This is the best basketball that will be played on the planet.

I would imagine the ratings for this series are going to be great, and if it goes 7 games, could be the highest since Jordan retired.

Eyeballing it, the last game of the 98 finals drew just shy of 36 million people; that's the most watched game I can find. Game 7 of the finals last year was 31 million, that's #3. (game 6 of the 93 finals is #2) If the finals goes 7, I think there is a chance you can push 35 million.

Yeah, if the series is good, ratings will be good.

I'm skeptical that it'll be a good series though. I still think Golden State will make relatively easy work of the Cavs.

Bucks GM John Hammond is expected to head to Orlando to take the same position there.

Must be getting a nice raise

I think it's more about the job security than anything. His contract was set to expire next year and it was widely believed that Milwaukee would not re-sign him. Instead he gets to follow his former protege and good friend who is now running operations in Orlando.

Also don't think he and Kidd got along at all, although there's been rumors that Kidd could be fired as well.

I think it's more about the job security than anything. His contract was set to expire next year and it was widely believed that Milwaukee would not re-sign him. Instead he gets to follow his former protege and good friend who is now running operations in Orlando.

Also don't think he and Kidd got along at all, although there's been rumors that Kidd could be fired as well.

Ok fair enough, I was just thinking, I'd rather be running the Bucks than Orlando.

Kidd seems extremely power hungry

Ok fair enough, I was just thinking, I'd rather be running the Bucks than Orlando.

Kidd seems extremely power hungry

I don't think he's really done anything since being in Milwaukee to suggest that he's power-hungry, but that's definitely the story that people like Woj have tried to tell. They tried to make moving from Brooklyn to Milwaukee all about Kidd being power-hungry...I feel like it's pretty plausible that he simply saw the potential in Milwaukee compared to the sinking ship of Brooklyn and took his chance to get out when he could.

I don't think he's really done anything since being in Milwaukee to suggest that he's power-hungry, but that's definitely the story that people like Woj have tried to tell. They tried to make moving from Brooklyn to Milwaukee all about Kidd being power-hungry...I feel like it's pretty plausible that he simply saw the potential in Milwaukee compared to the sinking ship of Brooklyn and took his chance to get out when he could.

Yeah I'm definitely thinking of what happened in Brooklyn. Obviously, you know the Bucks better than me, I'd defer to you.

Certainly he made a wise move in jumping ship when he did.

Olynyk's looking blind, glad he's bringing it tonight.

Lebron's going to have 26 before half. This doesn't just happen.