It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Kyrie and LeBron were first overall picks who is the 3rd?

Love/Thompson/Krover/JR the meat of the rotation weren't 1st overall.
Bout

Bogut got hurt in like his first game with them, didn't he?
yeah but it still shows how ridiculous a team they are when D Williams, Andrew Bogut and god knows who else I'm forgetting are classified as expendable depth.

yeah but it still shows how ridiculous a team they are when D Williams, Andrew Bogut and god knows who else I'm forgetting are classified as expendable depth.

I mean you could kinda argue Dallas considered both Williams and Bogut expendable guys also

REMINDER:
5 Super Bowls.
3 World Series.
1 NBA Championship.
1 Stanley Cup.
10 titles since 2001.

Boston is the City of Champions.
you better check that Trophy Case, I think Lebron walked out with about 8 of your titles and all of your women last night.

you better check that Trophy Case, I think Lebron walked out with about 8 of your titles and all of your women last night.
NY Knicks playoff wins since 2001: 9
Boston Celtics playoff wins this postseason: 8

I think I can deal with a sweep in the ECF.

The Knicks have 1 series win and 9 playoff wins since 2001.
Kids going into HS this year have experienced 9 playoff wins I n 16 years.

Boston is the city of champions.
Kids only know Championships in Boston.
The kids in NYC got very little. They have 2 Giant SBs and what?
2009 WS?

Van Gundy's the best. He just had a great suggestion while working GS' beatdown of a depleted, and way outclassed, Spurs team: make the finals best of 11. In other words, let's get this crap over in both conferences and get to the main event.

NY Knicks playoff wins since 2001: 9
Boston Celtics playoff wins this postseason: 8

I think I can deal with a sweep in the ECF.

The Knicks have 1 series win and 9 playoff wins since 2001.
Kids going into HS this year have experienced 9 playoff wins I n 16 years.

Boston is the city of champions.
Kids only know Championships in Boston.
The kids in NYC got very little. They have 2 Giant SBs and what?
2009 WS?
Titles have been dry here and flourishing there recently for sure, but that's a moving goalpost defense.

Since it's Sunday, we will look at this historically and give beantown hoop and hockey...and the City here will claim Football and Baseball...and we will call it a tie.

Titles have been dry here and flourishing there recently for sure, but that's a moving goalpost defense.

Since it's Sunday, we will look at this historically and give beantown hoop and hockey...and the City here will claim Football and Baseball...and we will call it a tie.
Hockey the NY Rangers have 4 cups
1928, 1933,1940, 1994
Boston Bruins have 6 cups 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972, 2011
Boston > NY

Baseball is 27 titles NY Yankees vs. 8 titles Red Sox
Yankees most in their sport.

NY > Boston

Football I am not counting pre-merger it's all in the SB era.
NY Giants SB 21, 25, 42, 46.
NY Jets SB 3

New England SB 36, 38, 39, 49, 51.

Don't try the NE was irrelevant card as the 1976 playoff game against the Raiders they were screwed against a Raiders team that dominated everyone else in route to SB 11 title. New England was crap from 1987-1992 and the rest of the time competitive. Just like the Giants were crap during the Staubach Era in Dallas

So it's either 5-4 or 5-1.

Basketball is Celtics 17 titles and Knicks 2 titles. Basically the same as baseball.

Outside of G-Men the city has had a drought.
Every Boston team has won a title in their sport since 2008.
Celtics-2008, Red Sox-2013, Bruins-2011, Patriots-2016.
NY streaks.
Knicks-1973, Rangers-1994, Yankees-2009, Giants-2011.

Poor ESPN.

The Worldwide Leader can't win for losing. They go all in on the NBA, on the hook for $1.47 billion per annum through 2025. Not only with sports rights but their recent staffing cuts were felt the least for those covering the NBA. NFL and MLB staffers got smoked. Meanwhile the regular season is beyond meaningless with entire starting lineups sitting out games, owners like Cuban admitting they tanked it once out of the playoffs, superstars like LBJ admitting (understandably) he doesn't really care about the regular season. That probably explains why they pump music in to the arena to keep fans at regular season games from falling asleep. The effort level between the regular season and the playoffs is night and day. No other sport has such a wide differential between the two.

The NBA has phenomenal players and the best athletes in the world but they've gotta find a way to do something about that 82 game season. Then we finally get to the playoffs and 85-90% of the games this year have been decided by double digits. Of course it doesn't help that nearly all of the big market teams (NY's two teams, PHL, LAL) completely suck. It won't really matter if the the Finals are the highest rated in history, ESPN is gonna be choking on that $1.47 billion for a long time to come.

Shorter season so less back to backs. Won't happen cause $$$. Needs to be a bigger incentive for getting the 1 seed. Maybe restructure the playoffs so the 1 seed gets a bye? Or give $$$ incentive for wins or seeding?

Things that have a better chance of happening than the Celtics winning either of the next 2 games - and I'm a Celtics fan but let's be real.

Me winning Miss America
Donald Trump checking his ego
The Bills winning the Super Bowl this coming year
Me winning the lottery when I never play

Things that have a better chance of happening than the Celtics winning either of the next 2 games - and I'm a Celtics fan but let's be real.

Me winning Miss America
Donald Trump checking his ego
The Bills winning the Super Bowl this coming year
Me winning the lottery when I never play
Honestly they just need to give a solid effort and I am happy.

They quit mid 2nd quarter in game 2.

Just play a competitive game.

Hockey the NY Rangers have 4 cups
1928, 1933,1940, 1994
Boston Bruins have 6 cups 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972, 2011
Boston > NY

Baseball is 27 titles NY Yankees vs. 8 titles Red Sox
Yankees most in their sport.

NY > Boston

Football I am not counting pre-merger it's all in the SB era.
NY Giants SB 21, 25, 42, 46.
NY Jets SB 3

New England SB 36, 38, 39, 49, 51.

Don't try the NE was irrelevant card as the 1976 playoff game against the Raiders they were screwed against a Raiders team that dominated everyone else in route to SB 11 title. New England was crap from 1987-1992 and the rest of the time competitive. Just like the Giants were crap during the Staubach Era in Dallas

So it's either 5-4 or 5-1.

Basketball is Celtics 17 titles and Knicks 2 titles. Basically the same as baseball.

Outside of G-Men the city has had a drought.
Every Boston team has won a title in their sport since 2008.
Celtics-2008, Red Sox-2013, Bruins-2011, Patriots-2016.
NY streaks.
Knicks-1973, Rangers-1994, Yankees-2009, Giants-2011.

Why would NHL and MLB titles from the 1920's-50's count, but not football?

The league wasn't unifed. It was 2 different leagues.
When the NFL and AFL mergered it became the league.

If you want to count NFL titles pre-merger go ahead but it wasn't the NFL of now. Unlike MLB/NHL where the leagues were always the same.
The Pacers and Nets don't brag about their ABA titles.

Yes, that makes absolutely no sense.

Yes, that makes absolutely no sense.
Yeah it makes absolutely no sense when their was multiple leagues.

Yeah that makes no sense. Disagree fine but yeah it makes no sense.

Who is the champion when the AFL had its own champion and the NFL had its own champion.

Go ahead and claim the pre-SB titles it doesn't change the argument at all.
Boston is the city of Champions. Every major team has a title since 2008.
New York has 2 Giants titles and 1 Yankees title in that timeframe.

Next you will say why doesn't Ny claim the Devils titles.

Lets hope Jalen Brown/Marcus Smart/Gerald Green/Avery Bradley or even Rozier have a 50 point performance in them... I know Horford, Crowder and Olynyk don't.

Yeah it makes absolutely no sense when their was multiple leagues.

Yeah that makes no sense. Disagree fine but yeah it makes no sense.

Who is the champion when the AFL had its own champion and the NFL had its own champion.

Go ahead and claim the pre-SB titles it doesn't change the argument at all.
Boston is the city of Champions. Every major team has a title since 2008.
New York has 2 Giants titles and 1 Yankees title in that timeframe.

Next you will say why doesn't Ny claim the Devils titles.
Easy there, big fella. That's an awful lot of assumptions about some hypothetical accounting of championships for some vague purpose.

I'm not sure why the NFL championships wouldn't be recognized going back to the founding of the league just because other professional leagues existed for a time during its history. I believe 1960-1969 AFL statistics are recognized for players who appeared in that league, so why shouldn't those championships also be recognized?

Similarly, 1967-1976 ABA statistics are recognized for players who appeared in those games, so why shouldn't those championships also be recognized?

Easy there, big fella. That's an awful lot of assumptions about some hypothetical accounting of championships for some vague purpose.

I'm not sure why the NFL championships wouldn't be recognized going back to the founding of the league, just because otherwise professional leagues existed for a time. I believe 1960-1969 AFL statistics are recognized for players who appeared in that league, so why shouldn't those championships also be recognized?

Similarly, 1967-1976 ABA statistics are recognized for players who appeared in those games, so why shouldn't those championships also be recognized?
Claim them then it doesn't change my overarching point with Kaiser.