It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Favors in 20ish minutes is going to be a lot better for them than Favors 30+ minutes.

Because he's still playing hurt, or because it's better if he and Gobert don't share the court? I don't see them play much, I could see the offense bogging down when you have both of those guys on the court. The defense, on the other hand...

Because he's still playing hurt, or because it's better if he and Gobert don't share the court? I don't see them play much, I could see the offense bogging down when you have both of those guys on the court. The defense, on the other hand...
When they play together the defense is so good the offense by default is fine.

As for the minutes split, I think it's a little bit of column A (Favors is still hurt/has no lungs yet) and column B (it's good if Gobert and Favors don't play a ton together because that means they've got 48 minutes of plus production from the 5).

I wonder how good the Jazz could be if they had everyone healthy. A healthy Hill, healthy Hood, Hayward, healthy Favors and Gobert with Joe Johnson and Joe Ingles as your primary bench guys is a nasty top 7. We've barely seen that team though.

When they play together the defense is so good the offense by default is fine.

As for the minutes split, I think it's a little bit of column A (Favors is still hurt/has no lungs yet) and column B (it's good if Gobert and Favors don't play a ton together because that means they've got 48 minutes of plus production from the 5).

I wonder how good the Jazz could be if they had everyone healthy. A healthy Hill, healthy Hood, Hayward, healthy Favors and Gobert with Joe Johnson and Joe Ingles as your primary bench guys is a nasty top 7. We've barely seen that team though.

Yeah it's not a bad rotation at all. Obviously it's not the Warriors or whatever, but that's a real good team. I think I read something like their projected starting 5 has played a ridiculous low amount of time together.

Ok I looked it up; Favors/Gobert/Hood/Hill/Hayward was the Jazz most common 5 man unit, at 150 minutes. The amazing thing is their rating was 0!

The same lineup with Ingles swapped for Hood was their second most common, they were +22.7 per 100.

For context, the Warriors had 4 5 man lineups play more minutes together than the Jazz, and their #1 lineup (starting lineup, Steph/Klay/Dray/Zaza/Durant) played 496 minutes together and were a +26.3 per 100.

Knicks411 MikeSU02
Knicks fans in general would you guys trade KP for the Nets pick this year AND next year's Nets pick along with one of Smart or Crowder?

Bucks have basically forfeited the series. A shame to see them play with so little effort in back to back games besides one or two players.

That first quarter from GS. Damn the Warriors temple of doomed the Blazers heart.

Also Atlanta-Washington seems like a homecourt 7 game series.

Bucks have basically forfeited the series. A shame to see them play with so little effort in back to back games besides one or two players.
I would trade porzingis for a top 5 pick today or yesterday.

the warriors have 45 points in the first quarter, and it could have been 50. HOLY .

Knicks411 MikeSU02
Knicks fans in general would you guys trade KP for the Nets pick this year AND next year's Nets pick along with one of Smart or Crowder?

Man, that's quite the return. And KP already seems to be souring on the Knicks...

i still say no. KP had a bit of a down season based off what i was hoping for him to do, but I still think he's going to be an elite rim protector + court spacer on offense; there are just so few guys like that.

Knicks411 MikeSU02

I think KP can be a top 10 player in the league as his ceiling, if not higher. I can't trade that guy.

He is the *perfect* stretch five in an offense that isn't from the middle ages.

But I'm also a huge KP fan and saying no to this would probably get me fired if I were the GM.

Thon Maker had like three consecutive plays coming out of halftime where he just let the game get away. Missed a three, didn't get back on a run out and then saved a ball going out of bounds to Tor for a fast break. It was like an 8 pt swing and the Bucks couldn't catch up after that.

Not that this was just him, but it's just the things young guys do. Give this team a year or so and they'll be dangerous.

That first quarter from GS. Damn the Warriors temple of doomed the Blazers heart.

Also Atlanta-Washington seems like a homecourt 7 game series.

I'm going to root against GSW, but man do I enjoy watching them play ball.

I think KP can be a top 10 player in the league as his ceiling, if not higher. I can't trade that guy.

He is the *perfect* stretch five in an offense that isn't from the middle ages.

But I'm also a huge KP fan and saying no to this would probably get me fired if I were the GM.

Well if you were Isiah Thomas you could get the team involved in a multi million dollar lawsuit and still not get fired, so...

KP goes #1 if he's in this draft, right? (I get that it's hard to compare a guy who has played in the NBA to guys who haven't, but I'm pretty sure he would). I feel a lot more confident about him being a foundational piece than anyone in this draft, and next year is too early to say

Well if you were Isiah Thomas you could get the team involved in a multi million dollar lawsuit and still not get fired, so...

KP goes #1 if he's in this draft, right? (I get that it's hard to compare a guy who has played in the NBA to guys who haven't, but I'm pretty sure he would). I feel a lot more confident about him being a foundational piece than anyone in this draft, and next year is too early to say

The current KP for sure would. KP the prospect at the time...I think Fultz is probably still #1. I'm guessing Ball would still be #2 even though I'm personally not a fan and think he should be more like a #5 or 6 pick. But I think Porzingis today is easily worth more than the #1 overall pick in this year's draft.

I don't see him as a top 10 player in the NBA, but I just think the skillset of a potential 3 and D center is too rare. A player like that can make it so incredibly easy to build the rest of your team.

The current KP for sure would. KP the prospect at the time...I think Fultz is probably still #1. I'm guessing Ball would still be #2 even though I'm personally not a fan and think he should be more like a #5 or 6 pick. But I think Porzingis today is easily worth more than the #1 overall pick in this year's draft.

I don't see him as a top 10 player in the NBA, but I just think the skillset of a potential 3 and D center is too rare. A player like that can make it so incredibly easy to build the rest of your team.

Right, it's really difficult say; I guess it really doesn't matter though, we know what KP has done so far, so I feel confident saying I think he's a better value than anyone in the draft this year.

Obviously I'm a Knicks fan, so I'm going to be a little biased or whatever, but I think certainly the upside is for him to be a top 10, if not better, player. There are a lot more than 10 guiys who you can say that about, of course, so the odds are he doesn't completely fulfill his potential, but the skillset is just so so rare. His rebounding and passing could stand to improve a little, (Hernangomez is a great defensive rebounder and meh rim protector, those 2 have complementary skills in a lot of ways) but I am pretty sure he graded out as like a top 10 rim protector already. On the other hand, he's in like the absolute worst organization there is.

Popovich is a HAM tipper.

C-S_OcmVwAA1gav.jpg:large

SAS won tonight. I really wouldn't be surprised if the series goes 7, but I think SAS takes it home in six now.

Also, I don't know what situation to compare to Russ, but OKC's ceiling is basically going to be Round 2 of the Western Conference Playoffs unless something changes. I love watching him. Thinks he gives an insane effort. But that type of basketball just isn't going to get you to the conference finals or the overall finals.

Jazz/Clips looking like a close one.

Popovich is a HAM tipper.

C-S_OcmVwAA1gav.jpg:large
That's straight out of the ol' OttoinGrotto playbook.

Except usually my bill is like 8 dollars and when I'm feeling generous I tip a fiver.

Other than that, pretty much the same.

Also, is Rak Christmas and his awful hair style in Paul George's Gatorade commercial?

SAS won tonight. I really wouldn't be surprised if the series goes 7, but I think SAS takes it home in six now.

Also, I don't know what situation to compare to Russ, but OKC's ceiling is basically going to be Round 2 of the Western Conference Playoffs unless something changes. I love watching him. Thinks he gives an insane effort. But that type of basketball just isn't going to get you to the conference finals or the overall finals.

Jazz/Clips looking like a close one.

I hate watching Russ play. He's amazing, but when he goes full black hole, I don't know why any of his teammates even leave the defensive end of the floor. Those quick shots early in the clock in the middle of the 4th quarter when he had no legs left whatsoever were just dismal. If he could ever figure out how to maximize his teammates, and Donovan did an awful job getting shooters on the floor with Russ in the 4th, he would be legendary beyond what he is now.

I hate watching Russ play. He's amazing, but when he goes full black hole, I don't know why any of his teammates even leave the defensive end of the floor. Those quick shots early in the clock in the middle of the 4th quarter when he had no legs left whatsoever were just dismal. If he could ever figure out how to maximize his teammates, and Donovan did an awful job getting shooters on the floor with Russ in the 4th, he would be legendary beyond what he is now.

1-3 quarters of Westbrook is a fun adventure to watch. 4th quarter playoff Westbrook is like the worst basketball watching experience ever.