I've been accused of being negative... | Syracusefan.com

I've been accused of being negative...

calm down... everyone in there was getting over emotional. Human beings get like that, we say stuff we don't mean all the time. take it with a grain of salt.

I dont know, sometimes I wonder what kind of fans these people hang out with. The ones I know go bezerk over everything. Half of the Yankee fans I know think CC Sabathia sucks.

I was guilty of throwing our guys under the bus, I admit that. I use the chat room to vent. I'm passionate. At least I admit what I do. :)

I was guilty of throwing our guys under the bus, I admit that. I use the chat room to vent. I'm passionate. At least I admit what I do. :)
i'm the same way 100%. way i was raised. but I still love everyone on the team. Just not equally.

I dont know, sometimes I wonder what kind of fans these people hang out with. The ones I know go bezerk over everything. Half of the Yankee fans I know think CC Sabathia sucks.
He does. (but I'm a BoSox fan;))

...but that chatroom was just unbelievable. It's one thing to have legitimate criticism's but wow...

It's almost unbearable. Seriously, criticize the play - that's completely fair. But the personal attacks on the players who are giving us an amazing season, is pathetic. Presumably grown men and women that personally attack a bunch of kids over a freaking basketball game need to get a life.

It's almost unbearable. Seriously, criticize the play - that's completely fair. But the personal attacks on the players who are giving us an amazing season, is pathetic. Presumably grown men and women that personally attack a bunch of kids over a freaking basketball game need to get a life.
i'm very guilty of this... i will try to tone it down... i have diarrhea of the fingers... i dont meant what i type.

oh it doesn't bother me you guys can say whatever you want, I guess I was just kind of surprised by it given that we are...you know...25-1. on the other hand for the past 8 days I've been replaying in my head over and over my all-world qb and all pro wr failing to connect on a wide open 20 yard pass to blow a super bowl, so maybe i just can't gather my usual emotion. at least until march...

oh it doesn't bother me you guys can say whatever you want, I guess I was just kind of surprised by it given that we are...you know...25-1. on the other hand for the past 8 days I've been replaying in my head over and over my all-world qb and all pro wr failing to connect on a wide open 20 yard pass to blow a super bowl, so maybe i just can't gather my usual emotion. at least until march...
GIANTS GIANTS GIANTS!!!

It's been brutal lately. 26-1 and half our fans think we suck.

I don't buy this. Not one bit.

I think our fans think we have a legitimate chance to win the National Championship and we are not playing to our ability. The fans are frustrating because 1 of 2 things has happened:

1. We are regressing/slumping in multiple areas
2. Other teams are getting better and we are not

But I don;t think a single SU fan thinks we suck. In fact, it's the exact opposite. They have high expectations because we deserve to have them. Improved DEF rebounding, a bit more energy, and better shooting and this team is as good as anyone in the country.

44cuse

calm down... everyone in there was getting over emotional. Human beings get like that, we say stuff we don't mean all the time. take it with a grain of salt.
No - it's not lately. It's been horrible all year. You would think we were 1-26.

I think our fans think we have a legitimate chance to win the National Championship and we are not playing to our ability. The fans are frustrating because 1 of 2 things has happened:

But I don;t think a single SU fan thinks we suck. In fact, it's the exact opposite. They have high expectations because we deserve to have them. Improved DEF rebounding, a bit more energy, and better shooting and this team is as good as anyone in the country.

44cuse
Fine. we're not playing to our ability. The negativity in the chat room is over the top. Period.

No - it's not lately. It's been horrible all year. You would think we were 1-26.
my god, its heat of the moment stuff that no one means. ignore it. I personally will work on what I say however

44cuse

I agree, this was sort of the point of my posts after the Georgetown game. We won that game but the general feeling was negative. Its because we have now entered a zone where winning is no longer enough. Now we want to watch our team and feel comfortable that they are nationally dominant. Individual wins are not important now compared to the ability to see that we really can win the NC. When games like GTown or tonight happen - even though we get a W - the natives get restless because those games look like countless Sweet 16 games where we lose.

I don't know if we should be confident because we are winning games like that or worried because we are playing games like that. Honestly - winning the GTown, WVU, and UL games was largely luck. By that I mean those games came down to a play or two that could have gone the other way and we lose. When you see games like that where you know a random chance decided the game at the very end it is scary. None of us wants to see a performance like tonight put us into a coin flip game in a Sweet 16 matchup in Boston. Its happened too many times before.

For this one - like Pitt - I am just going to enjoy the win because its been a long time coming and I don't care how we got it. We got it.

I for one am very happy. We would have lost several of these games in years past but this team finds a way to win them.

That said, there were several times tonight when I screamed for instance when kjo lost it out of bounds.

For this one - like Pitt - I am just going to enjoy the win because its been a long time coming and I don't care how we got it. We got it.
It may have been ugly but boy it sure was sweet. This felt like a tournament game to me going in and it did not disappoint.
Also, Melo looks like he has kicked it up a level offensively since he came back. He is getting a lot of "Holy Sh**s" from me a game.
And CJ is certainly an option now. Early in the year he was like a garbage guy, and that was good. Like Melo, he seems at another level now.
Free throw shooting is barely a concern.
We even had Jim Burr on our side in the first half.
Because of them and all the guys rebounding and playing D, we could go 1-15 from 3 and pull off a W.
We beat Louisville at Louisville playing their game. Feels real nice!

44cuse

I'm not sure I agree with either of those points (but realize they are debateable), but I think both UK and KU are peaking too soon (the two teams that I believe are much better than they were coming into January) and will likely falter before getting to the FF.

UConn last year peaked at the right time. I believe the growth of Fab since his return has the team heading in the right direction to peak just when we want to entering the NCAAs.

Cheers,
Neil

If we were blowing all these teams out, the same people complaining would be saying "yea theyre blowing teams out, but what happens when we play a team that slows down the tempo in the tourny and the game is played in the 50s. can we win that kind of game? they havent proved it yet"

I don't know if we should be confident because we are winning games like that or worried because we are playing games like that. When you see games like that where you know a random chance decided the game at the very end it is scary. None of us wants to see a performance like tonight put us into a coin flip game in a Sweet 16 matchup in Boston. Its happened too many times before.

Bingo. That's exactly right, IMO. "I don't know if we should be confident because we are winning games like that or worried because we are playing games like that." We are taking some pretty good shots from some teams (Georgetown, UCONN), and I think Louisville is pretty good. But looking forward from earlier in the season (pre Fab going out), I thought we should beat more of these teams more easily than we have (and yes, I know we beat UCONN by 18).

44cuse

If we were blowing all these teams out, the same people complaining would be saying "yea theyre blowing teams out, but what happens when we play a team that slows down the tempo in the tourny and the game is played in the 50s. can we win that kind of game? they havent proved it yet"
Actually, what we haven't proven is that we can dictate tempo. I'd like to see us dictate tempo for a change.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom