I've had a different mindset this year | Syracusefan.com

I've had a different mindset this year

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
this is the first year all I've been thinking about is the tourny. the last 3-4 years of having great regular seasons only to see them crash and burn in march due to suspensions and injuries and refs and bogus backcourt violations...all that matters is now. we're healthy...nobody is getting suspended...we're playing well...this is the year we make a final 4 run. enough is enough!

This has been mentioned a few times lately. But we've had some really, really tough breaks lately in the NCAAs. It would extremely ironic (and awesome) if for once the bracket just opened up for us, in what seems like a season in which were destined for an early exit. The past few tournaments have proven that the best team doesnt' always win (except for UK last year), but the team is playing the best and has the most favorable matchups. I really don't see why it can't be us.

I've always said I hate judging a 40 game season based on 6 games in March. But taking some perspective, we'll most likely be the more talented team in at least 4 of those 6 games, so why not us?

exactly. we'be gotten zero breaks in the tourney the last 4 years. literally not 1 break. this is the year it falls our way. ever since James got reinstated I've had that feeling. this week has only reinforced that feeling, which is why tonites game didn't bother me

The tough breaks came before the tourney. AO injury, and Melo suspension. They came right at the end of the reg. season / big east tournament, and no time to adjust if there was even an adjustment to make for those loses. Had a moment there with MCW tonight, but luckily I was watching with an orthopedic surgeon, and quickly remembered that he was, and he said only a sprain before MCW returned to the game. So I was talked down from the injury ledge by this Dr. But bought back bad memories. We go into the tourney with all of our players intact and pretty healthy. MCW does have the sprain, and I guess it could bother him a little. He also may never have children, but that was another injury tonight. LOL at all of the men I was watching with and their reaction on the replay. But if this team shows the determination they did in NYC, and baring no other injuries, etc. we do have a pretty good chance. I DO NOT want to see Louisville again. Hopefully any Big East team in our draw gets knocked out before we meet up. I think sweet 16, for sure.

I don't know what to think. On the one hand, I think the team could make a run to the Elite Eight or beyond. On the other, given Boeheim's record in the NCAA tournament, I think 2019 will be our next deep run.

:noidea:

This is the type of team that does well in the tourney. When we are highly ranked, we tank. We are a little under the radar. All of the final four teams had something to prove. This team, this week looked like they had something to prove. I don't think tonight's 2nd half should be too much of a barometer. If anything I would look at the 4 days of 2nd halves, and be a little more concerned. But what happened today, I am not concerned with. Just ran out of gas. They won't be playing 4 straight days again.

this is the first year all I've been thinking about is the tourny. the last 3-4 years of having great regular seasons only to see them crash and burn in march due to suspensions and injuries and refs and bogus backcourt violations...all that matters is now. we're healthy...nobody is getting suspended...we're playing well...this is the year we make a final 4 run. enough is enough!

Exact opposite. Winning the BET is about big balls. Funny (in terms of this post) you're my GOSU96...exact opposite. Couldn't possibly see it differently. If we don't hit threes, we can't win. And on a run to the final four you have to win 4 games against good teams without any inside scoring..

Man do I want that. I don't want much more than that for BT to go hulk mode and win th NCAAT. But that's a big stretch for this team as long they can't move the ball through the post and get some level of productivity.

44cuse

Matchups.

Last season, Louisville got all the favorable matchups, until they ran into Kentucky.

This season, there IS no Kentucky, & I don't think Syracuse will be facing anyone as aggressive as the top of the Big East.

This may be the easiest championship Syracuse will ever play for to date...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom