Class of 2022 - Jai Smith (Ludden / NC) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 Jai Smith (Ludden / NC)

I feel like we go through this same cycle everytime we don’t offer someone. I dont know how many times people have to say that not everyone wants to come here, maybe he wants to get away from home, etc. there’s so many variable that go into recruiting but it automatically goes “oh we’re doing something wrong”. Could we? Maybe? But none of us know.

I feel like we go through this same cycle everytime we don’t offer someone. I dont know how many times people have to say that not everyone wants to come here, maybe he wants to get away from home, etc. there’s so many variable that go into recruiting but it automatically goes “oh we’re doing something wrong”. Could we? Maybe? But none of us know.
You could very well be right and lots of times thats the case...I know for a fact that at one point in time Jai was looking forward to a cuse offer. Now that he's getting so much attention from big time programs and has moved away that might have changed.

Hardly. This kid is completely blown up, he's from our back yard, he's got about 30 total offers, etc

Let's not pretend this is some marginal recruit that the coaches just didn't prioritisze, or looking at things to the ones of hindsight after Smith blows up in college.

Hardly. This kid is completely blown up, he's from our back yard, he's got about 30 total offers, etc

Let's not pretend this is some marginal recruit that the coaches just didn't prioritisze, or looking at things to the ones of hindsight after Smith blows up in college.
I agree. He has offers from everyone. Also, he is 6'10" and 235lbs. That is a hell of alot better start than 6'10" and 190lbs, like we usually get and then pray they gain weight and strength.

I agree. He has offers from everyone. Also, he is 6'10" and 235lbs. That is a hell of alot better start than 6'10" and 190lbs, like we usually get and then pray they gain weight and strength.
I don’t think he’s anywhere close to 235 pounds. He’s lucky to be 210.

Another reason JB has Togo. A big from Syracuse nd not a sniff?? The only way we’re going to get a center if Jim can I have a son that grows up to be 6 foot 10 and over 230 pounds. But that’ll take a while. And will have to have him for another 18 years. He’ll still be here. Playing the song zone

that'll be the spin after he goes elsewhere and plays well in college.

The results on the court for 6 years running now show we are most def doing something wrong. Local kids like Starling and Smith and Stewart who are good enough to play for top P5 or ACC schools should be automatic easy to land recruits for Cuse. I can’t figure out why our staff has become so bad at this.

The results on the court for 6 years running now show we are most def doing something wrong. Local kids like Starling and Smith and Stewart who are good enough to play for top P5 or ACC schools should be automatic easy to land recruits for Cuse. I can’t figure out why our staff has become so bad at this.

Not every local kid wants to go to the local college? It’s that simple.

Syracuse isn’t a flagship land grant State U, with millions of rabid alumni all over said state.

Does Maryland get every great player from Baltimore?

Guys like Melo, CJ, and Benny would beg to differ.

Woody is from DC, and we beat out the Twerps for him.

Not every local kid wants to go to the local college? It’s that simple.

Syracuse isn’t a flagship land grant State U, with millions of rabid alumni all over said state.

Does Maryland get every great player from Baltimore?

Guys like Melo, CJ, and Benny would beg to differ.

Woody is from DC, and we beat out the Twerps for him.
Yeah. I am shocked by the amount of people who infer JB is not doing his job on this one.

My God. If someone thinks we weren't told he's not interested, and then decided not to just throw an offer out there to him...I don't know what to tell you. JB may be many things - HOF coach, stubborn, acerbic, etc. - but one thing he's NOT is stupid.

PS - I have no inside info here. My opinion is solely based on what logic tells me.

Yeah. I am shocked by the amount of people who infer JB is not doing his job on this one.

My God. If someone thinks we weren't told he's not interested, and then decided not to just throw an offer out there to him...I don't know what to tell you. JB may be many things - HOF coach, stubborn, acerbic, etc. - but one thing he's NOT is stupid.

PS - I have no inside info here. My opinion is solely based on what logic tells me.

Some kids just need/want to get out of town.

But they are on a run right now that nobody local has initially committed to
SU and actually shown up. They've had transfers in who are local-ish, but in
just the last couple of years ...

Stewart, Quincy Ballard, Roddy Gayle, Dior, Thomas Bryant, Naz Carter, Moses
Brown, Kofi Cockburn, Symir Torrence ... and others. Should Justin Champagnie
be on the list?

Howard Washington committed, Chino Obokoh, so there's that, and they
lasted long. And I'm not counting Buddy or Girard. The list above has slightly
more talented kids. They do have Tyler Lydon, and Chris McCullough.

I find it hard to believe that no local kid has any real interest in the program. Maybe
they get Starling, maybe not, but every kid wants to go somewhere else?

Kev

But they are on a run right now that nobody local has initially committed to
SU and actually shown up. They've had transfers in who are local-ish, but in
just the last couple of years ...

Stewart, Quincy Ballard, Roddy Gayle, Dior, Thomas Bryant, Naz Carter, Moses
Brown, Kofi Cockburn, Symir Torrence ... and others. Should Justin Champagnie
be on the list?

Howard Washington committed, Chino Obokoh, so there's that, and they
lasted long. And I'm not counting Buddy or Girard. The list above has slightly
more talented kids. They do have Tyler Lydon, and Chris McCullough.

I find it hard to believe that no local kid has any real interest in the program. Maybe
they get Starling, maybe not, but every kid wants to go somewhere else?

Kev
I don’t think you can consider NYC local and you can’t just not count Girard haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom