Class of 2024 - January Official Visits List | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 January Official Visits List

I feel villari is more a traditional te. Blocks and can go out and catch passes. OG is more of a wr labeled as a te.
I would like to see him play a “Taysom Hill” role. He is definitely a playmaker that I would think needs to be on the field.

I apologize ahead of time if this has already been mentioned.

January 5th

OL Naquil Betrand (Texas A&M)
Known Portal Offers - Syracuse, Alabama, USF
Visits - Alabama 1/12

CB Tyreek Chappell (Texas A&M)
Known Portal Offers - Syracuse, Oregon, Georgia
Visits - Oregon 12/16, Georgia January?

OL Da’Metrius Weatherspoon (Howard)
Known Portal Offers - Syracuse, Pitt

DL Dion Wilson (NM St.) - Committed to Syracuse
Known Portal Offers - Syracuse, Cal, Indiana, Rutgers, Texas A&M, Texas Tech
Visits - Rutgers 1/3, Texas A&M 1/6 or 1/7

January 12th

CB Kevyn Humes (HS - MD)
Known offers - a ton
Visits - PSU 1/19, USC 1/22, ND 1/26, Florida 2/2

January 15th
OT Jalen Travis (Princeton)
Known Portal offers - Syracuse, Arizona St., Duke, Houston, Iowa St., Kansas, Northwestern, Minnesota, Rutgers, South Carolina

Possibles - Offered by or Heavily linked to Syracuse

CB AJ Harris (Georgia)
DL Isaiah Raikes (Texas A&M)
DL Michael Nwokocha (JUCO)
CB Duce Chestnut (LSU) - Committed to Syracuse
DB Daniel Harris (Georgia) - Staying at UGA
DL Dominick McKinley (HS - LA) - Committed to LSU

OL Kurt Danneker (Ohio)
LB/DE Aakil Washington (Liberty)

You can nuke "Tank" Wilson's other visits, now that he's committed to THE University of Syracuse.

Danneker apparently isn't interested, has OV's elsewhere.

You can nuke "Tank" Wilson's other visits, now that he's committed to THE University of Syracuse.

Danneker apparently isn't interested, has OV's elsewhere.
Yeah I'll leave Danneker on until he commits somewhere.

I would not be surprised if Villari moved to a FB or H-back ...He is too good not to be in the offense mix...He runs the ball as well as any RB behind Allen on the depth chart , is pretty fast for his size ,good blocker, good hands and lots of power for short yardage...He could be an extra blocker for McCord on pass plays or a receiver out of the backfield...similar to Chris Elmore but much more versatle... we are loaded at TE assuming Gadsen returns healthy
He’ll be in the mix as an offensive weapon. I hope he continues building his TE skills because he’s got the movement ability and athleticism to be an NFL player. Needs to get stronger but the talent appears to be there.

He’ll be in the mix as an offensive weapon. I hope he continues building his TE skills because he’s got the movement ability and athleticism to be an NFL player. Needs to get stronger but the talent appears to be there.
He has NFL athleticism now. I think he’s done a great job showcasing everything he’s capable of. If anything the tail end of this season afforded him that opportunity. I’d be surprised that if at a minimum he doesn’t at least get FA looks.

Home hoops schedule if they want to experience a crowd

Saturday, January 20thMIAMITBDJMA Wireless DomeESPN/2/U
Saturday, January 27thNC STATE7 PMJMA Wireless DomeACCN

Last edited:
Any new word on Micah Mazzccua if we are still interested or if he will visit,?

Great to have the big bodies visiting today. Thought the OL from Princeton was going to visit this weekend.
We will eventually need to land a couple of cornerbacks to the room. If not now than the second portal window. I see more additions after spring ball.

Great to have the big bodies visiting today. Thought the OL from Princeton was going to visit this weekend.
We will eventually need to land a couple of cornerbacks to the room. If not now than the second portal window. I see more additions after spring ball.
The Princeton player is in no hurry and from what I have read still has the option to enter the draft.

It will be interesting to tally up the other surprise visitors we get this weekend and upcoming. Having Mazzaccua arrive in town has me thinking we could see some other big fishes given how this was set up on the down low. This will be a fun few weeks!

If we can land Mazzcua and Travis, I'd feel pretty good about the OL.

You could have something like this:

1st Team
LT - Travis
LG - Mazzcua
C - Reed
RG - Wohlobaugh
RT - E. Cruz

2nd Team
LT - S. Adams/J. Cruz
LG - J. Miller
C - ? (really would like to see us add a portal kid with experience)
RG - D. Weatherspoon/Ellis
RT - J. Cruz/S. Adams

Then if any of the younger guys below show something between spring and fall, maybe they get plugged in on the 2 deep or leap frog someone. Also have Bradford and Petry here, experienced guys that maybe stick on because we need the insurance.

Rosahac (FR), Goodacre (FR), Bass (RF), Mack (RF), Bradford (SR), Petry (SR)

Possibles to move on: More (GR)?, Kauhi (JR) , Ilaoa (SR), Moeolo (SR),

This gives Miller a year to apprentice under Mazzcua then he'll be in line to start for 3 years. Right side of the line will be in place for another couple of years together. Travis is a one and done so we'd need someone ready to jump in to starting LT slot next year. Same with Reed at C as he would graduate after next year.

It will be interesting to see if we do land Mazzcua/Adams/Weatherspoon/Miller/Travis if we see any further OL recruits. That should give a real indication there will be significant turnover still to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom