Jason Beck Officially Promoted to OC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jason Beck Officially Promoted to OC

I would think you keep Beck as QB coach and then have a slot for an additional add. Not sure where the best use of that position is.
Exactly Beck is already considered a top QB coach, he can have both roles and then we add elsewhere.

I’m not sure which thread to follow, White, Anae or Beck.

I know I am not sure where that tweet should go so I posted in both LOL

felt like this was always the plan.. whether it happened in 1 yr or 3.. Anae didnt seem to get along with Babers on some key issues last yr as it was.

I’m not sure which thread to follow, White, Anae or Beck.
B9508019-55DD-49B9-A551-8BD70CA3D513.gif

If you were a co-defensive coordinator at a small school (Colgate, 2009) and spent the next twelve years as a position coach under the same head coach at two different school but got passed over when the DC position came open how long would you stay with that HC?

If Monroe isn’t considered ready to be a DC now, when will he be ready?

Monroe will be coordinating the practices and preparing the defensive game plan for the bowl game. A bowl game in which I’ve heard he will be calling the defenses.

If Monroe is not promoted, I wouldn’t be surprised if he left too. Who wants that?
Monroe may not want the job. Not everyone wants the additional headaches that come with Coordinator positions. He's got a young son so being DC means even longer hours away from family.

Idk if he wants job or not ijs we shouldn't assume he does

Monroe may not want the job. Not everyone wants the additional headaches that come with Coordinator positions. He's got a young son so being DC means even longer hours away from family.

Idk if he wants job or not ijs we shouldn't assume he does

What… ?

No assumptions on a fan forum?

What will we do?

Relieved to hear this, especially because of Sellers. What a whirlwind the last 12 hours have been. I don’t even know which tread to read there’s so much going on at once.

Not positive on the O side

It’ll be real comforting when Jason or Jaime confirm.

I’m assuming they aren’t saying anything until an introductory presser today, but crickets on their end so far. Lot of tweets and articles out there with no direct quotes.

Looking forward to seeing what Jason can do.

It’ll be real comforting when Jason or Jaime confirm.

I’m assuming they aren’t saying anything until an introductory presser today, but crickets on their end so far. Lot of tweets and articles out there with no direct quotes.

Looking forward to seeing what Jason can do.

So, this just popped into my head, and don’t all y’all @ me for thinking it:

Maybe the Beck’s haven’t confirmed it yet, because he has received other offers and is mulling them over?

Us offering him the OC gig is great!!

But, it doesn’t mean he is guaranteed to take it.

I certainly hope he does!!

He’s gotta know that with Tony White gonzo, that he’s now the next man up for HC at Cuse if he does well in the OC spot here.

So, this just popped into my head, and don’t all y’all @ me for thinking it:

Maybe the Beck’s haven’t confirmed it yet, because he has received other offers and is mulling them over?

Us offering him the OC gig is great!!

But, it doesn’t mean he is guaranteed to take it.

I certainly hope he does!!

He’s gotta know that with Tony White gonzo, that he’s now the next man up for HC at Cuse if he does well in the OC spot here.
Yeah I am a bit concerned about what you are saying. These threads are a bit of a blur but there is still a foundational issue here right now and that is the Dino contract situation. Beck and frankly (Don't call me Frank) the whole staff has to be wondering best career path for their families with no extension talk. I honestly don't know the answer to addressing that either. Maybe give Dino 2 years but minimize the buyout clause for Syracuse to something negligible. If he wins next 2 years and bolts then fine, we promote Beck. I think the risk of Beck and others leaving is real though given some of Dino's contract uncertainties. Now if Beck stands at a press conference and says he is staying that would certainly help stabilize things but until that happens the ground can still be shifting.

Yeah I am a bit concerned about what you are saying. These threads are a bit of a blur but there is still a foundational issue here right now and that is the Dino contract situation. Beck and frankly (Don't call me Frank) the whole staff has to be wondering best career path for their families with no extension talk. I honestly don't know the answer to addressing that either. Maybe give Dino 2 years but minimize the buyout clause for Syracuse to something negligible. If he wins next 2 years and bolts then fine, we promote Beck. I think the risk of Beck and others leaving is real though given some of Dino's contract uncertainties. Now if Beck stands at a press conference and says he is staying that would certainly help stabilize things but until that happens the ground can still be shifting.
Beck and Anae knew Dino only had two years when they signed up last year so should be no surprise to them when his contract stands.
White would have left even if Dino had a lifetime contract, just like most of us on the board White took a better-paying job and is working under an HC that has NFL experience. You don't have to like it but it's a huge career boost for White (was going to happen sooner than later)
Like a few have said here Anae didn't seem to mess with most of the staff if Beck is the new OC I think we don't lose a step on offense and might help us out on the recruiting trail with having a younger up-and-coming coach.

My only shock about White is that he didn’t leave for a HC job. But he probably got the same amount of money (or more) for this DC job than taking over another program that has to be rebuilt. He now gets to be positioned to be a P5 head coach Vs the Sean Lewis route.

Beck was going to get poached if he wasn’t Oc here. I assumed it was next year. Just happened sooner. He’s the real deal.

Beck and Anae knew Dino only had two years when they signed up last year so should be no surprise to them when his contract stands.
White would have left even if Dino had a lifetime contract, just like most of us on the board White took a better-paying job and is working under an HC that has NFL experience. You don't have to like it but it's a huge career boost for White (was going to happen sooner than later)
Like a few have said here Anae didn't seem to mess with most of the staff if Beck is the new OC I think we don't lose a step on offense and might help us out on the recruiting trail with having a younger up-and-coming coach.
Agreed. I have no issues with White leaving, that's generational wealth and it continues a path that leads to HC someday. I also agree with the Anae friction and yes they both came knowing Dino's status. That still doesn't negate that Dino's status is still shaky and could cause some uncertainty for staff. Hopefully that's not the case.
Edit: I will say it again. I am waiting for the Syracusefan twitterverse hounds to post Jaime Becks happy her hubby is OC post.

Agreed. I have no issues with White leaving, that's generational wealth and it continues a path that leads to HC someday. I also agree with the Anae friction and yes they both came knowing Dino's status. That still doesn't negate that Dino's status is still shaky and could cause some uncertainty for staff. Hopefully that's not the case.
Edit: I will say it again. I am waiting for the Syracusefan twitterverse hounds to post Jaime Becks happy her hubby is OC post.
Agreed I'm not 100% Beck is OC until we see an official announcement from Jaime

Dino cannot coach. Period. However, I wonder if replacing him with someone who has never been a HC would be a wise move?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom