Jason Beck Officially Promoted to OC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jason Beck Officially Promoted to OC

First thing that came to mind when I saw Beck was named OC..."oh please not again" lol

I can't blame him for checking the market. he's been at Syracuse for one year. Not sure that would create massive loyalty at all. If another bigger conference program pays you a multiple and years you kinda have to go. Coordinators are gypsies to some extent.

Or we can add another top flight young QB coach and start developing a bench of future OC candidates. Having Beck on staff dramatically softened this blow.
We don't have to develop OC's just from QB coaches. Lots of oline coaches have been good OC's.

JW and Coach Beck?

1670591257675.gif

My only shock about White is that he didn’t leave for a HC job. But he probably got the same amount of money (or more) for this DC job than taking over another program that has to be rebuilt. He now gets to be positioned to be a P5 head coach Vs the Sean Lewis route.

Beck was going to get poached if he wasn’t Oc here. I assumed it was next year. Just happened sooner. He’s the real deal.
A lot coordinators don't want to be a HC. It's a very different gig. I think there are a lot of them who know they wouldn't be good at the HC job even if they are very good at OC or DC.

Guys, can someone fill me in on why so many people are so big on Beck? I know he’s a great QB coach, but many are acting like this isn’t going to be a step back, and may even be good.

I’m genuinely encouraged by such takes but I don’t understand where it’s coming from as Anae was the proven commodity.

Guys, can someone fill me in on why so many people are so big on Beck? I know he’s a great QB coach, but many are acting like this isn’t going to be a step back, and may even be good.

I’m genuinely encouraged by such takes but I don’t understand where it’s coming from as Anae was the proven commodity.
He has a pretty wife. We are a pretty easy bunch to sway.

The big thing for me is the job he did in turning Shrader around
It's still the same offense that UVA had in the top 5 for a few years
He is younger and seems to connect better with the players

The big thing for me is the job he did in turning Shrader around
It's still the same offense that UVA had in the top 5 for a few years
He is younger and seems to connect better with the players
Agree. He’s also been by praised by many others in the industry outside of just us. So it goes beyond the pretty wide (tho that doesn’t hurt for sure. She’s a great ambassador and person).

He's been under Anae for a number of years. 3 programs and has had success.

He's young, has a ton to prove, and has been called one the best up and coming non coordinator coaches in some CFB circles.

He's the #1 recruiter for Sellers, and will probably continue to recruit well in the coming years.

He was considered the heir to Anae before they got here.

Agree. He’s also been by praised by many others in the industry outside of just us. So it goes beyond the pretty wide (tho that doesn’t hurt for sure. She’s a great ambassador and person).
She has been nothing short of fabulous since his hire was announced.

There was a lot of speculation that Anae and Dino didn't really see eye to eye on the offense. Anae may have done everyone a favor by moving on.
Ah I was interpreting AZ's comment to mean that Tony maybe had/was an issue too.

Put me in the category of bringing in a TE coach that can bring a top tier TE with them.
I don’t think we get the combo at this point in the game.

It’ll be real comforting when Jason or Jaime confirm.

I’m assuming they aren’t saying anything until an introductory presser today, but crickets on their end so far. Lot of tweets and articles out there with no direct quotes.

Looking forward to seeing what Jason can do.
I don’t think that is something they confirm, at least publicly. I think that’s something the school announces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom