Jason Beck Officially Promoted to OC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jason Beck Officially Promoted to OC

Beck and Anae knew Dino only had two years when they signed up last year so should be no surprise to them when his contract stands.
White would have left even if Dino had a lifetime contract, just like most of us on the board White took a better-paying job and is working under an HC that has NFL experience. You don't have to like it but it's a huge career boost for White (was going to happen sooner than later)
Like a few have said here Anae didn't seem to mess with most of the staff if Beck is the new OC I think we don't lose a step on offense and might help us out on the recruiting trail with having a younger up-and-coming coach.
Prior speculation in 2019 said through 2024.

A new recruiting graphic surfaced Tuesday and provided a date.
Babers’ contract runs through the 2024 season.

I think the transition from Anae to Beck as OC will be seamless. Beck has how that offense works down cold. We expected Anae would be the OC for a couple of years, retire, and have Beck replace him as OC. I would expect him to continue as QB coach while the OC, and a new assistant brought in to take over Anae's other duty.

Last edited:
Prior speculation in 2019 said through 2024.

Maybe all the “WHY did we extend Dino?? It was such a horrible call!!”
revisionist history folks should take a gander at that infographic-

That is why.

there are 3 parts to the offense

1) design your plays
2) call your plays
3) figure out what plays will work against the scheme you are facing

Anae had some nice play designs
There was clearly a bunch of people in and out of the program not happy with the play calling as the schedule got harder
we dont really know who did the heavy lifting on the scouting side.

When your ship takes numerous hits right before a bowl and just prior to the first signing day having Jason elevated to OC makes me happy. Now it’s up to him to realign his staff as he sees fit. I believe he is ready for this!

Wonder who they are going after for TE coach? Maybe first call to BYU. Gotta be a connection there. Steve Clark

1670602538371.gif

While it would be nice to get a confirmation from Beck or a quick press conference notification, I wonder if the AD and Dino are waiting to hear if White is taking anyone with him. Maybe a scenario inwhich Beck is making some decisions as well. We may need to wait to Monday for things to shake out.

So that is a good way to keep Beck in the fold.

Aye but it might step on Swag Daddys toes so it could get interesting if Swag wants (which most assistants do) the HC.

I
Ah I was interpreting AZ's comment to mean that Tony maybe had/was an issue too.
Saw it as Beck sliding into the OC role is ideal whereas losing White stinks.

I don’t think you can name a “coach in waiting” under like 95% of circumstances. The vast majority of guys are not getting ready to retire and want to ensure the guy on staff is taking over when that happens.

I can’t imagine there is a single school in the country with a guy who has a “head coach in waiting” title in their contract that’s only to be excised in the event the current HC is fired. If there is, I would love to see which school has done that.

I always equated Monroe with Troy Weaver.

Troy knew his strength was talent evaluation and recruiting. Parlayed it to a GM position. Never ran a team. Don’t think he ever wanted the headache.

I know nothing about Monroe, but that he calls himself swag daddy, I think he might have the same mindset.

Garrett Williams is his Arinze Onuaku.

Aye but it might step on Swag Daddys toes so it could get interesting if Swag wants (which most assistants do) the HC.
He’s already been bypassed twice and he’s still here. There’s probably a reason.

I always equated Monroe with Troy Weaver.

Troy knew his strength was talent evaluation and recruiting. Parlayed it to a GM position. Never ran a team. Don’t think he ever wanted the headache.

I know nothing about Monroe, but that he calls himself swag daddy, I think he might have the same mindset.

Garrett Williams is his Arinze Onuaku.

But Garrett wasn't kneecapped by Georgetown.

I don’t think you can name a “coach in waiting” under like 95% of circumstances. The vast majority of guys are not getting ready to retire and want to ensure the guy on staff is taking over when that happens.

I can’t imagine there is a single school in the country with a guy who has a “head coach in waiting” title in their contract that’s only to be excised in the event the current HC is fired. If there is, I would love to see which school has done that.

That's a solid point but if Dino has a year left I could see Beck going for more security in X, Y or Z ways because he has a young family.

No disrespect to Swag, but it still seems like there's damage on the defensive side that's not being addressed - including players who feel betrayed and anxious about the future. Since we don't have a defensive 'Jason Beck' on staff it would go along way if we hired a name DC that can run the 335. Swag is a recruiting ace who is liked by the players. But it's a tall order to ask him to run the 335 against ACC opponents, hold onto the defensive talent we have and continue to bring in defensive recruits. The fact that our D-players are not happy ...is a sign that the AD should be making a bigger move here.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom