Jason Beck Officially Promoted to OC | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jason Beck Officially Promoted to OC

If I still lived in Syracuse, I would gather dozens of SU fans and go to Beck’s house to sing Christmas carols. I think this might be the start of a long relationship with SU. Congratulations to the Beck family. Jamie might be able to spend a little bit more this holiday!

Look, I want him to be great. He has been an amazing QB coach. I think this is the right move. But there will be a learning curve. Knowing the offense inside and out and being able to set up and call plays are completely different things. Many guys in the past were the next big thing and totally flamed out when it came time to be an offensive coordinator. Just very risky to pick the young hotshot instead of the guy that has been there and done that. Hope it works out.

Another thing to consider, and I know this was essentially the plan all along. Wasn’t supposed to happen after 1 year in my opinion. But if he wasn’t promoted, Beck was gone to NC State with Anae. It was either promote Beck or lose both of them.

Last edited:
Look, I want him to be great. He has been an amazing QB coach. I think this is the right move. But there will be a learning curve. Bowing the offensive inside and out and being able to set up and call plays are completely different things.
I think he’s already being doing a lot of that.

Look, I want him to be great. He has been an amazing QB coach. I think this is the right move. But there will be a learning curve. Bowing the offensive inside and out and being able to set up and call plays are completely different things.

So - you're saying that we need for him to play Madden all winter?

Its nice that Syracuse posted it but I think the boards clear stance was nothing is truely official until Jamie says something...
They posted his comments. Do you think they made those up and just put quotation marks around it?

I think you missed the sarcasm / joke

They posted his comments. Do you think they made those up and just put quotation marks around it?
2B15E7D5-993B-4E93-AD25-E5CAC5FA2628.gif

Its nice that Syracuse posted it but I think the boards clear stance was nothing is truely official until Jamie says something...
It ain't Jamie but close:

"My family and I have enjoyed our time at Syracuse and I'm thankful for this opportunity from Coach Babers," Beck said. "I appreciate the years I was able to spend with Coach Anae and how he helped prepare me for this opportunity. I'm excited to get to work."

It ain't Jamie but close:

"My family and I have enjoyed our time at Syracuse and I'm thankful for this opportunity from Coach Babers," Beck said. "I appreciate the years I was able to spend with Coach Anae and how he helped prepare me for this opportunity. I'm excited to get to work."

Not close enough. The wife still needs to tweet a couple oranges or something.

people think these contracts are all a simple yes/no. There is money/years/buyouts all sorts of promises like if he has coach to come in in mind..

Look, I want him to be great. He has been an amazing QB coach. I think this is the right move. But there will be a learning curve. Knowing the offense inside and out and being able to set up and call plays are completely different things. Many guys in the past were the next big thing and totally flamed out when it came time to be an offensive coordinator. Just very risky to pick the young hotshot instead of the guy that has been there and done that. Hope it works out.

Another thing to consider, and I know this was essentially the plan all along. Wasn’t supposed to happen after 1 year in my opinion. But if he wasn’t promoted, Beck was gone to NC State with Anae. It was either promote Beck or lose both of them.

You say that so factually. It’s your opinion.

Huge. Definitely absorbed the blow of Anae leaving as good as we could have. Now we just need a new offensive assistant. Do we hire a QB coach or does Beck remain the QB coach and OC? Then we hire for another position?

Really hope Dino moves fast with the DC but I want him to get it right. Need to continue the momentum on that side of the ball. Took huge steps the last 2 seasons.
Beck is a QB guru we hire another position coach that can recruit

And there is your post from Mrs. Beck.
She is such a class act. Question and don't take this the wrong way as my wife decided to stay away from the corporate stuff back in the day so we could keep separation as a family but has Dinos wife gotten involved with the team or the University?

I think he’s already being doing a lot of that.
Correct. I have posted articles in the past that talk about the relationship between Coach Anae and Coach Beck. Coach Anae tended to panic in the last couple of minutes of games and his play calling was troubled.

So Coach Beck took over play calling late in games a few years ago and has been doing it since then. And UVa has done well in these situations. As SU did this past year.

The one thing he hasn’t done (to my knowledge) is game plan. That is an area Coach Babers can help. As can some of the other coaches on offense.

What I was afraid was gonna happen and was pretty sure it would because I just don't see how we can or would compete with some of these schools!
Wow I gotta go back and look I'm very busy lately but I wanna know what We're doing besides back moving up to the offensive coordinator or just strictly hiring or promoting from within which is just a cheap way to go up to go about Things.
We already lost big time on Tony White leaving and now we lose anae So whatever is left when it comes to moves to make you better make at least one splash or next year we are screwed In my opinion. I mean I don't have all the info in front of me but we're losing very good coaches, we have a crappy to probably one of the worst recruiting classes coming in so far that I've ever seen. Haven't heard about a transfer yet so I mean this is really getting to be scary bad to me

I don't have a problem with beck being the offensive coordinator!
I'm just sick of them losing or letting everybody else leave without a fight, If there even was ever gonna be one/chance is what I meant.
I don't know I just want to act like a confident ACC/power 5 program I'm just sick of the same old Syracuse BS .
We'll see how it turns out because that's why I don't even follow it as much as I used to because there's only so much disappointment you can take

I don't have a problem with beck being the offensive coordinator!
I'm just sick of them losing or letting everybody else leave without a fight, If there even was ever gonna be one/chance is what I meant.
I don't know I just want to act like a confident ACC/power 5 program I'm just sick of the same old Syracuse BS .
We'll see how it turns out because that's why I don't even follow it as much as I used to because there's only so much disappointment you can take
Keep your chin up this one worked out for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom