Jason Beck Officially Promoted to OC | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Jason Beck Officially Promoted to OC

For those unsure about whether Beck will be successful. Tony white came here with no experience as a DC either. But he was a known up and coming potential star coach. He was also recognized as a great recruiter and the hope on here at the time is he would at least be an okay coach and the recruiting would improve.

Beck is in a similar position. He’s got a name as an up and coming potential star coach. These are the type of coaches we need, to be successful with. Getting retread guys with years of experience is no different, sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t. It’s always a crap shoot. Beck is at least a guy that people believe has a lot of potential.

There’s no reason to be anything but excited. The bowl game should be fun to see how the offense looks. The only thing that sucks is he could have an amazing season next year, the schedule is primed for it, and he’ll be gone.

I don't have a problem with beck being the offensive coordinator!
I'm just sick of them losing or letting everybody else leave without a fight, If there even was ever gonna be one/chance is what I meant.
I don't know I just want to act like a confident ACC/power 5 program I'm just sick of the same old Syracuse BS .
We'll see how it turns out because that's why I don't even follow it as much as I used to because there's only so much disappointment you can take
You have no idea what went on behind the scenes. I highly doubt that that DB and JW simply let TW go without sitting down and having a discussion about a counter offer.

93a0e108-1b48-4551-b67f-45dcde13864c.9cefc5cf96b3eb35a11888a33ac79e94.jpeg

I’ll answer.

No idea.
I know you do not like me or my comments. But this is not really an answer to the question. You are allowed to give a yes or no answer with comments. That is the entire point of a message board, to give opinions on this Syracuse team. That is why I post here. I do not have the inside knowledge that others do. I come here to get more information on my favorite college team and write about what I see on the field and give my opinions. It makes me feel as part of a community that all want the same thing, Syracuse football and basketball success. I will have comments that are 100% correct and I will make other comments that will turn out to be 100% wrong. Idk why you can’t just give an opinion either way. Why can’t you just agree or disagree with my take? You either think I’m right or wrong. In the end we really both have no idea what would have happened because he was hired as offensive coordinator. So it’s all a hypothetical. But you can’t even give a take either way.

I don't have a problem with beck being the offensive coordinator!
I'm just sick of them losing or letting everybody else leave without a fight, If there even was ever gonna be one/chance is what I meant.
I don't know I just want to act like a confident ACC/power 5 program I'm just sick of the same old Syracuse BS .
We'll see how it turns out because that's why I don't even follow it as much as I used to because there's only so much disappointment you can take
You have no idea what went on behind the scenes. I highly doubt that that DB and JW simply let TW go without sitting down and having a discussion about a counter offer.
From the .com article TW leaving wasn’t about money or SU not trying.
While speculation since the initial report has been it was money that prompted the departure — Big Ten schools tend to have deeper pockets than ACC ones — White said his relationship with Rhule as well as a “family component” were what spurred him to make the transition.

“The money part of it was not the issue,” White said. “Syracuse, they are serious about keeping guys here.”

Does anyone know why Sean Lewis left Kent State to be a coordinator for Deion Sanders?

Ceiling was reached at Kent St. Show out at Colorado and a better HC job, possibly P5
Yep just getting them to a couple of bowl games was a miracle, especially with the gauntlet of paycheck games they have to endure. He helps Deion turn them around, he will easily get a P5 head coaching gig

Would we know if another school was trying to lure away a coach and SU did what they had to do to keep him. Seems like that stuff goes on behind closed doors until it’s a done deal.
Oh I agree with that things going on behind closed doors

Yep just getting them to a couple of bowl games was a miracle, especially with the gauntlet of paycheck games they have to endure. He helps Deion turn them around, he will easily get a P5 head coaching gig
I really hope Deion ends up at Florida state at some point where he belongs, especially if he turns around Colorado which I think he will because the guy can just recruit players, point blank.

I mean you bring the number one recruit in the nation in the Jackson state program, that's saying something. can't be that bad of a coach I went to the championship game twice in 2 years

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom