Jay Williams: "Who wants that final #1 seed?" | Syracusefan.com

Jay Williams: "Who wants that final #1 seed?"

Jasoncuse

2022 Iggy Winner: NCAA Tourament
"You've got Michigan, Wisconsin, Kansas still, UVA, maybe Duke..."

It's amazing how little talk of SU still getting a 1 there is, even from the bozos.

27-4, two losses without our third best player, and we are barely an afterthought.

Guys, we officially have gone from "can they go undefeated?" to "nobody believed in us!" and I...I like that. A lot.

I much prefer a slighted SU squad as opposed to one that believes their own hype. Go get 'em SU!!!

One thing I also love is that watch how many fewer 3ptrs fall against the zone now that these games mean so much more. Pressure is on and wouldn't surprise me to see our 3pt defense improve.. another nice little weapon that will rear its head this time of year.

Hey, ESPN talking up Michigan State injuries just now. Haven't heard that before. My god. They didn't do great with everyone, they didn't do great without them. Maybe they're just not great - very good, but not great. It's like one person says something and the rest just repeat over and over again...

Hey, ESPN talking up Michigan State injuries just now. Haven't heard that before. My god. They didn't do great with everyone, they didn't do great without them. Maybe they're just not great - very good, but not great. It's like one person says something and the rest just repeat over and over again...

Michigan State isn't even a 1-seed in their own state.

We are closer to a #1 by winning the ACC, than Duke or Virginia would be if they won the ACC.

I guess there are still 7 players here, ranked by "control"

1. Wisconsin - I think they control the destiny right now

2. Syracuse - Steps into the #1, if win ACC and Wisky loses

3. Kansas - I hate to put them here with 8 losses, but they have been annointed if they win the B12

4 / 5/ 6 Duke / Virginia / Michigan - All could be in the discussion if the above 3 do not win their tourney's

7 Villanova - If everybody else poops the bed this weekend (and early), they can backdoor themselves back into discussion.

Last edited:
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 18m
Kansas still has a shot at No. 1 seed, if win Big 12 tourney; so do Michigan and Wisconsin.

raw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom