Jay Williams: "Who wants that final #1 seed?" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jay Williams: "Who wants that final #1 seed?"

That SU hater Seth Davis is at it again:

@SethDavisHoops: Syracuse's only loss at full strength this season was at Duke. Only 4 losses in all. ACC tourney should seal it. KU next in line.

...wait, he's saying SU should be next in line for a 1 seed? Oh. Um, damn you Seth anyway!

Bruce Pearl talking up Duke as a potential 1 seed on ESPN2.

Apparently the "Bozos" don't think that Syracuse has a good chance of winning the ACC Tourney, or maybe he doesn't want them to win. That's what I read from Jay William's words.

If SU wins the ACC tourney they will without a doubt get the #1 seed in the East. Honestly I think all they need is to win one to lock up the 2 seed. 28-5 would get a 2 seed.

@SethDavisHoops: Syracuse's only loss at full strength this season was at Duke. Only 4 losses in all. ACC tourney should seal it. KU next in line.

...wait, he's saying SU should be next in line for a 1 seed? Oh. Um, damn you Seth anyway!
he HATES us!!!!

If SU wins the ACC tourney they will without a doubt get the #1 seed in the East. Honestly I think all they need is to win one to lock up the 2 seed. 28-5 would get a 2 seed.
Disagree. I think we have to beat Duke for sure.

in a normal world it would

This in itself should be obvious.. F wisky or any of the others. Winning the ACC should seal it but win 2 games at least and I think we still deserve it.

Jerry Palm was on the radio this morning. He was asked who could get the #1 if Nova loses? His answer "Wisconsin followed by Syracuse"
If syracuse wins the acc they would be 30-4 and be a 1 seed regardless of what Wiscy does. If that happens and they still don't get it I will retire from watching college basketball.

Basically spots 4-10 on the s-curve are one big mess right now. Quality wins / Bad loss / any loss could really move teams up or down right now.

Teams that are thinking about that #1 seed right now, could very well find them themselves on the 3 line on Sunday. 2 of the 7 that have a shot at the #1, will need to be on the 3 line.

Michigan State isn't even a 1-seed in their own state.

I know. I still Kansas' resume, even with Embiid, is pretty sad but if he was around they would all be beating the drum for Kansas.

Seriously, could someone at ESPN just take a look at their out-of-conference schedule and comment on how utterly poor they performed. Fine, we love KU, but they were losing to just about any semi-decent team they played OOC. That has to mean something.

Jerry Palm was on the radio this morning. He was asked who could get the #1 if Nova loses? His answer "Wisconsin followed by Syracuse"

I tend to agree with him - Wisconsin with the slight edge. But Syracuse is not far behind (if at all), so I can see the comittee making that decision.

So either

MSG
1. Wisconsin
2. Syracuse

OR

MSG
1. Syracuse
2. Villanova

Disagree. I think we have to beat Duke for sure.

I think so to. I really feel if SU and Duke win their games Friday the game between the two on Saturday would be the De facto game that would decided the 2 seed in the east.

If syracuse wins the acc they would be 30-4 and be a 1 seed regardless of what Wiscy does. If that happens and they still don't get it I will retire from watching college basketball.

I think it's close.

I think it would be Wisconsin, but cannot take a definitive position either way.

I think it's close.

I think it would be Wisconsin, but cannot take a definitive position either way.
It won't I'd be willing to bet on it.

Last edited:

Ha, I would've retired after '05 or '10 if I were you.

I just know if the season ended today, Wiscy is the only team that can make a reasonable case over us, imo. Two more losses but a crapload of good road/neutral wins in & out of conference and played in a bit better conference than us.
I don't see what any of these other teams have to offset their additional 3-4 losses other than "zomg your worst loss was worse than ours!".
Good for Palm.

7 Villanova - If everybody else poops the bed this weekend (and early), they can backdoor themselves back into discussion.

I suggest Villanova "backdoors themselves" regardless of outcomes...;)

7 Villanova - If everybody else poops the bed this weekend (and early), they can backdoor themselves back into discussion.

Seems they pooped the bed!

I'm not someone who gets all upset over the talking heads judgement... Their opinion is just an opinion and holds no bearing with the committee's decision. People eat this crap up when in reality it means nothing.

If syracuse wins the ACC tournament they get the final 1 seed, that is controlling your own destiny. Also, If some of the non conference opponents turned out to be better in conference and were not middle of the pack teams outside of Nova they would have a stronger resume and wouldn't be overlooked or disrespected.
Seeding is important, but they are still going to need to beat some good teams come tourney time regardless of seeding and location. There are so many teams that seem to be equally talented and interchangeable that this tournament will be very interesting.

I'm not someone who gets all upset over the talking heads judgement... Their opinion is just an opinion and holds no bearing with the committee's decision. People eat this crap up when in reality it means nothing.

If syracuse wins the ACC tournament they get the final 1 seed, that is controlling your own destiny.

Not picking on you Eagles, as I see this cliche everywhere, but by definition you cannot control your own destiny. Your destiny is already set in stone and is going to happen whether you like it or not. You cannot control it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom