Jay Wright Retiring | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jay Wright Retiring

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Wow you mean realizing there’s more to life than coaching and retiring at a normal age. Who woulda thought lol. Good for Jay
100%. No matter how well you take care of yourself age doesn’t care about quality of life.

Everyone can have a passion, but there is more to life than just your passion, being a coach on any uber competitive level doesn’t allow you to follow anything but that “passion”. There re so many things in life than can add amazing value to life, seems kind of stupid to me to limit it to one.

Good for Jay Wright, enjoy life, and I’m glad we don’t have to see him on the sideline when we play him anymore.

One of the few opposing coaches of a good program that we played regularly who never did anything to tick me off. And honestly, I easily find things about opposing coaches that tick me off.

Always liked Wright. Know someone who worked his camp years ago, who said he’s a great guy.

College hoops will miss him.

Really? I kinda think it cleared the way for Seton Hall and Providence more. Villanova was already pretty good.

Bit of a tangent, sorry, Jay Wright, everyone.

Jay Wright.

In theory it cleared the way for Georgetown most of all.

But then the universe remembered that Georgetown is a bag of d---s and they wound up being even worse than Syracuse.

Great coach and seems like a great guy too . He will be missed in the college ranks and hoping it’s nothing health related for him nor a family member. He’s young enough to take a breather if he ever does decide to recharge and return to the college ranks too.

Really good guy (met him twice, once in the lobby of the Sheraton before a game) and a very good coach. Went from the well dressed guy with great recruits that was sometimes mocked to a two time champion.

Agree with the above poster who said they really benefited with our move to the ACC/downturn. We were well ahead of them as a program in 2014. Now they light years ahead of us.

In theory it cleared the way for Georgetown most of all.

But then the universe remembered that Georgetown is a bag of d---s and they wound up being even worse than Syracuse.
Figured you’d come with a take of him hating the post-suit, dressed like an under armor bro look was his tipping point.

The man had nice suits and a tight shoe game.

Great coach and seems like a great guy too . He will be missed in the college ranks and hoping it’s nothing health related for him nor a family member. He’s young enough to take a breather if he ever does decide to recharge and return to the college ranks too.
That was my first thought as well. I concur

Would love to hear JB’s reaction or if he was perhaps already aware of it or the possibility of his retirement. JB has been good friends with Jay Wright, Mark Few and Coach K too all who I believe were the rare coaching guests at prior Coaches vs Cancer galas that JB sponsored that usually highlighted basketball broadcasters. He also played Nova many seasons out of conference even after we left the Big East. It’s sad day for college basketball coaching fans.

Would love to hear JB’s reaction or if he was perhaps already aware of it or the possibility of his retirement. JB has been good friends with Jay Wright, Mark Few and Coach K too all who I believe were the rare coaching guests at prior Coaches vs Cancer galas that JB sponsored that usually highlighted basketball broadcasters. He also played Nova many seasons out of conference even after we left the Big East. It’s sad day for college basketball coaching fans.
JB is in the ESPN article that’s been updated. He was shocked.

I guess it could be possible that some players on the Nova roster enter the portal before the deadline passes. You have to wonder if he took any of that into account.

I thought about the health thing too, I sincerely hope it isn’t.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom