Jay Wright Retiring | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jay Wright Retiring

He'll probably take a year off and then come back to replace Raf as a color man on the Big East broadcasts, or maybe break him in by having him be part of their studio team.

I think he'll be a natural on TV, like a better version of Fran Fraschilla.
I like Fran but I think Jay could be Jay Bilas good.

My only personal impression of Wright was from back in the good ole' days when I attended the ABCD camp at FDU (and got to meet some of the people from this board). Even though he was a relatively young, new coach, there was quite a buzz when he came into the gym. More than any other coach. Seemed very well-liked by all.

Obviously I don’t have the stature nor the money Jay Wright has, however I was able to retire at 58 from a very stressful job which caused me to work 20 hour days……after selling the business 2 1/2 years ago, I’ve never looked back. While my friends are toiling away at work, I’m playing golf and enjoying my grandchildren……..retire early if you can my friends, you’ll NEVER regret it!!!!!

Last edited:
Obviously I don’t have the stature or money Jay Wright does, however I was able to retire at 58 from a very stressful job which caused me to work 20 hour days……that was 2 1/2 years ago and I’ve never looked back. While my friends are toiling away, I’m playing golf……..retire early if you can my friends, you’ll NEVER regret it!!!!!
I’m 43 and semi retired, circumstance’s around me gave me a different outlook of happiness. I’ve decided to take time off from working and enjoying my life while I can. I’ll go back but after time in the workforce again I’m going to do the same thing. I’ve done more the past two years than I’ve done my entire life before that. I’ve never been happier.

Obviously I don’t have the stature or money Jay Wright does, however I was able to retire at 58 from a very stressful job which caused me to work 20 hour days……that was 2 1/2 years ago and I’ve never looked back. While my friends are toiling away, I’m playing golf……..retire early if you can my friends, you’ll NEVER regret it!!!!!

This is awesome and kudos to you! I'm 38 now but been working since 13 yrs old and too much of the 16 plus hour days over the last 15 years. Targeting retirement at 45 to transition to side work and traveling. Life is too short.

I never understood people who say they'll be bored if they retire. I'd need several more lifetimes to indulge my interests.

Besides reading the board is at least a part-time job, if not a full-time one.
As I've mentioned before, sports have been a lifetime passion of mine. A lot of people don't understand why people would be a sports fan. They consider it silly. Then they tell me how much time they spend cultivating fescue and my eyes glaze over.

This is insane. Thought it was a late April Fool’s joke or something.

If any non believers dont think that Hop is going to get the very first call when JB finally hangs it up, this should put the end to it with a program in WAY better shape and success than ours, hires a HC who has ties to the staff/program who went .500.

Figured you’d come with a take of him hating the post-suit, dressed like an under armor bro look was his tipping point.

The man had nice suits and a tight shoe game.

Now that you mention it...

Retirement is unique to ones works experience. For some work is a means to an end for others work isn't differentiated from the rest of their lives. In my case work is just part of my day. Often, I enjoy what is labeled work more than the rest of my day. Other days I enjoy my non work activities more. Both work and non-work activities exist with each other. I don't think about what I could be doing if I wasn't "working". My guess is that Jim is an individual who sees coaching as I see work. Jay sees coaching or his work differently. Hopefully he is retiring so that by giving up his work he can spend more time doing things that he would rather do than because of a health issue with a family member.
In Jims case he is most likely continuing to coach because it is a part of his life that he enjoys as much as if not more than other parts. I get it as I'm in the same boat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom