JB absolutely killing Patterson and Kaleb in the PC | Syracusefan.com

JB absolutely killing Patterson and Kaleb in the PC

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
At one point he was yelling to make his point, had me and the wife rolling.

"Im 70 years old and I can shoot 15%" "15%!"

"Ya know Ronnie, he just unfortunately believes he can make 3's, I dont know why he believes that, there's no reason he should believe that."

"he continues to prove every night and every day that he cant"

"He has to be in the game because the other guy isnt playing defense"
"Hes in the game because we have to have 5 guys out there"

"I can shoot 15% right now, I'm 70 years old, I can shoot 15%.

I wonder if their free throw percentages were also bad in high school?

Did he say anything about his zone getting dismantled for the first 75% of the second half?
Before this game, "That's his only defense." Might need to rethink that after watching the helter skelter press. Why he doesn't mix that up earlier is confusing to me. The guys come out flat; put them in that press and wake the legs up and try to get some steals and easy buckets. Obviously emphasize beyond belief to RAK, DO NOT FOUL

Agreed...but...Kaleb was supposed to play behind Ennis...McC to play behind DeJuan and Grant, and Patterson was just supposed to wave a towel.

Bingo, half these guys wouldn't have seen the light of day if it wasn't for early departures and injuries.

Regardless, it sure doesn't seem like kids like Buss, Kaleb and BJ are being "coached up" this year.

I think the coaching staff is doing their best, these kids just aren't ready for prime time right now.

Happens everywhere with early departures, it's a piss poor excuse.

Its not the NBA, whats he supposed to do when two guys announce in April/May that weren't supposed to leave? Theres not exactly a high amount of cant miss prospects unsigned at that point your left with 5th year grad transfers and JUCO kids. Should we have petitioned the NCAA to re-open the 2015 recruiting class?

Calling these guys out in the PC isn't going to make them hit open shots. So what's the point? IMO Patterson was good tonight. He played good defense, much better than Kaleb. He brings energy. He had several good passes to set up buckets for others. He finished at the rim. Yeah he missed a couple of open 3's. So did everyone else.

Bayside44 said:
Agreed...but...Kaleb was supposed to play behind Ennis...McC to play behind DeJuan and Grant, and Patterson was just supposed to wave a towel.

Yet the three were all top 50 recruits.

Who was wrong?

Two top 50 high school recruits. One in his second year.

Who was wrong?

Kaleb was barely ranked in the top 50, the plan was for him to be the backup pg this year.

His "subtle" hints sure haven't been taken to heart though. Buss does keep shooting them and Kaleb is slow on rotations.

I don't think any programs other than Kentucky have to replace 2 starting early departures to the NBA. Well Kentucky not only expects it but counts on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom