JB absolutely killing Patterson and Kaleb in the PC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB absolutely killing Patterson and Kaleb in the PC

Jeremy, I think you may be a little disappointed.

I'd expect a class like that to contribute right away. But I'll be surprised if any of them play much.
Malachi Richardson and Diagne will log a TON of minutes next year.. Richardson is what this team lacks. Shooting... One of the best shooters In the class

Jeremy, I think you may be a little disappointed.

I'd expect a class like that to contribute right away. But I'll be surprised if any of them play much.

Richardson looks ready to play right away. Assuming Coleman and Cmac are healthy next year (and theres actually a post season to play for) we wont need most of the other guys to play much other then maybe Howard. If BJ is up for it him taking a shirt next year would be a great idea, if he doesn't transfer.

The class with Ennis is great?

BJ?

Patterson?

Roberson?

Roberson has had his moments, and is getting better, and if Ennis would have stayed, he would have been one of the best pgs in the country this year. The other guys were developmental guys.

Them stop recruiting Chinosos, BJs, and busses. No reason they shouldn't be capable by their sophomore year.

There was a time not too long ago when kids didn't really contribute until they were upperclassmen unless they were special type players. Chino was to be a 3rd to 4th string guy.

So what? JB has always spoke his mind in his PC's. For me its actually refreshing to get honest thoughts instead of the usual coach speak BS. I know some people don't like it, if that is the case then avoid the PC.

What purpose does criticizing his players to the media serve? Does it make him feel better? Does it take attention away from how poorly his beloved 2-3 played?

To me the season has been a lost cause for a while so I'm not really upset w/ JB. He's earned a mulligan so let's move on to 2016.
But I do find it curious that his defenders are so persistent in making points that can be said of every NIT team in history - "X just isn't that good" or "Y can't shoot" or " z is just a sophomore". Well ya...do we need 4th yr Ewing on the roster for the coach to be eligible for any criticism?

JeremyCuse said:
Richardson looks ready to play right away. Assuming Coleman and Cmac are healthy next year (and theres actually a post season to play for) we wont need most of the other guys to play much other then maybe Howard. If BJ is up for it him taking a shirt next year would be a great idea, if he doesn't transfer.

Malachi is going to have to learn to play defense. He stands around a lot and doesn't hustle. Craig and a friend of mine both saw him on different occasions recently and came away with a lot of criticisms. JB is going to be in his face quite often.

What purpose does criticizing his players to the media serve? Does it make him feel better? Does it take attention away from how poorly his beloved 2-3 played?

I have no idea you would have to ask Jim Boehiem. But when a player is shooting 15% from 3 and keeps chucking away despite explicit orders not to I dont think getting criticized in the PC is a bad way to send a message. The 2-3 is a seperate issue that people need to honestly get over. JB plays zone period. I wish he would play some man myself but hes not going to, probably ever again. Bringing it up on here and taking pot shots at it isn't going to change that.

There was a time not too long ago when kids didn't really contribute until they were upperclassmen unless they were special type players. Chino was to be a 3rd to 4th string guy.

I don't see the wisdom in recruiting players with whom you can't say, "I can see this guy starting eventually for us."

Chinso is never going to start. Recruiting career 2nd stringers makes no sense.

Malachi is going to have to learn to play defense. He stands around a lot and doesn't hustle. Craig and a friend of mine both saw him on different occasions recently and came away with a lot of criticisms. JB is going to be in his face quite often.

Oh im sure hes going to spend sometime in the doghouse if he doesn't like playing D.

I don't see the wisdom in recruiting players with whom you can't say, "I can see this guy starting eventually for us."

You can't recruit all top 50 players, every now and then you have to take a chance on someone like a Warrick or an AO, and hope they pan out. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't.

Bigs are projects, some pan out some don't.

Bayside44 said:

Again, MCCullough, Joseph and Roberson were all top 50 players.

MCCullough was supposed to be the greatest recruit since Melo.

I have no idea you would have to ask Jim Boehiem. But when a player is shooting 15% from 3 and keeps chucking away despite explicit orders not to I dont think getting criticized in the PC is a bad way to send a message. The 2-3 is a seperate issue that people need to honestly get over. JB plays zone period. I wish he would play some man myself but hes not going to, probably ever again. Bringing it up on here and taking pot shots at it isn't going to change that.

And what did McCullough do to deserve JB mocking his draft prospects to the media?

If he doesn't like Buss's shot selection, then yank him.

And then there's the two McDs in street clothes.

Given you can only start five guys, it makes sense to me. Has worked great for SU in the past.

Chris tore his acl, and the other two guys were barely top 50 players, Roberson is improving, Joseph wasn't suppose to be the starting pg this year.

To me the season has been a lost cause for a while so I'm not really upset w/ JB. He's earned a mulligan so let's move on to 2016.
But I do find it curious that his defenders are so persistent in making points that can be said of every NIT team in history - "X just isn't that good" or "Y can't shoot" or " z is just a sophomore". Well ya...do we need 4th yr Ewing on the roster for the coach to be eligible for any criticism?

I really don't know how much better any other coach would have this team playing. People seem to acknowledge that this just isn't a great team and yet are still upset when they don't play like a great team. He recruited these players but lots of good players in our history took a few years to make an impact. Andy Rautins didn't do much his first two years here and didn't really excel until his 4th year in the program. Demetrius Nichols didn't do much. Rick Jackson didn't really blossom until year 3. Scoop took time to develop.

The sophomores are taking a little longer to develop than we hoped, but they are developing, the programs that win championships seems to have marginal draft picks stay 3-4 years. Ours both left last year. I don't know why that's so difficult for the people who are most critical of JB to understand or accept.

JB gets plenty of critizisom, he got a lot last year and even more the year before prior to the final four run. But this year its hard to really get on JB for this team being a mess. Did JB turn the ball over with no one within 30 feet twice versus Michigan? Did JB miss 300 fts versus Miami? Did JB air ball multiple wide open 3 pt looks in multiple games? Did JB leave the same St. Johns player wide open a half dozen times in the second half? Not to mention the fact that the CYO team at St. Charles has more of a bench then we do, who is supposed to bring in when Ronnie is air balling 5 footers and Roberson needs s break? Chino? The 4'8 white kid who transferred in who averaged like 1.5 pts a game at a low mid major? The random walk ons who cant hit the broad side of a barn during garbage time? This is a very flawed team this year, the fact were even on the bubble at this point is a miracle.

Last edited:

And...so was Felipe Lopez back when. They're kids, it generally takes time. Roberson is serviceable, KJ is clearly exposed and McC hasn't played in weeks.

You can't recruit all top 50 players, every now and then you have to take a chance on someone like a Warrick or an AO, and hope they pan out. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't.

Chinso is not a Warrick or an AO. Best I can tell he's a bargaining tool for Bryant. Warrick was a panic commit. AO had a better offer sheet than Chinso

Chinso is not a Warrick or an AO. Best I can tell he's a bargaining tool for Bryant. Warrick was a panic commit. AO had a better offer sheet than Chinso

Chino was recruited because we had Coleman, Keita and Rak already on the roster, hard to convince a 4 star guy to come in right way when he staring up at that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom