JB absolutely killing Patterson and Kaleb in the PC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JB absolutely killing Patterson and Kaleb in the PC

Chinso is not a Warrick or an AO. Best I can tell he's a bargaining tool for Bryant. Warrick was a panic commit. AO had a better offer sheet than Chinso
AO had offers from:
SU
BC
Georgia
Maryland
Miami
Michigan
Pitt

Chino had offers from:
SU
Miami
Oregon
Temple
Texas
Villanova
West Virginia
(And also BU, James Madison, and Dayton)

I'm not seeing a big difference there. Both offer lists are pulled from R ivals.

Chinso is not a Warrick or an AO. Best I can tell he's a bargaining tool for Bryant. Warrick was a panic commit. AO had a better offer sheet than Chinso
we got warrick after mr. orange julius declined. jb does have talent on the bench. he ain't figured out how to use it yet.

I really don't know how much better any other coach would have this team playing. People seem to acknowledge that this just isn't a great team and yet are still upset when they don't play like a great team. He recruited these players but lots of good players in our history took a few years to make an impact. Andy Rautins didn't do much his first two years here and didn't really excel until his 4th year in the program. Demetrius Nichols didn't do much. Rick Jackson didn't really blossom until year 3. Scoop took time to develop.

The sophomores are taking a little longer to develop than we hoped, but they are developing, the programs that win championships seems to have marginal draft picks stay 3-4 years. Ours both left last year. I don't know why that's so difficult for the people who are most critical of JB to understand or accept.

Fair enough. Like I said I'm not too upset about it.
I'm not sure how much better any other coach would be w/ this obviously limited group either. But I think it's just as fair to wonder how much worse we'd be with [insert your baseline, replacement level coach] either, would they just be bottom feeders losing to the Va Techs of the world? I sorta doubt it but who knows.

Few people realize this, but Bjorn Calderon has been hiding out at the end of the bench all season, just waiting for his chance to shine. But only in a one on one game against Brandon Reese.

LOL Brandon Reese. My favorite board moment was when a handful of posters wanted him to play over Scoop, funniest thing I ever heard on this board.

At one point he was yelling to make his point, had me and the wife rolling.

"Im 70 years old and I can shoot 15%" "15%!"

"Ya know Ronnie, he just unfortunately believes he can make 3's, I dont know why he believes that, there's no reason he should believe that."

"he continues to prove every night and every day that he cant"

"He has to be in the game because the other guy isnt playing defePut anse"
"Hes in the game because we have to have 5 guys out there"

"I can shoot 15% right now, I'm 70 years old, I can shoot 15%.

Enough already! Yeah, it was frustrating watching them jack up quick threes and going ages without getting Rak a touch the first fifteen minutes of the second half but that's all ultimately on Boeheim. He can be as outraged as he likes, but that's his team and his players and his coaching struggling to beat a bunch of guys who look more like a CYO squad than a D-1 basketball team. Own up and take some responsibility.

For once I'd like to listen to a Boeheim presser with some real insight rather than just insults and double-talk. You listen to these PCs and you wonder sometimes if he knows the game. By contrast, for all his buffoonery on the sidelines, Buzz is respectful and actually has perceptive things to say about the game in his pressers.

jekelish said:
Baye was a career second stringer. He worked out okay.

Did he? We could have recruited somebody better.

Enough already! Yeah, it was frustrating watching them jack up quick threes and going ages without getting Rak a touch the first fifteen minutes of the second half but that's all ultimately on Boeheim. He can be as outraged as he likes, but that's his team and his players and his coaching struggling to beat a bunch of guys who look more like a CYO squad than a D-1 basketball team. Own up and take some responsibility.

For once I'd like to listen to a Boeheim presser with some real insight rather than just insults and double-talk. You listen to these PCs and you wonder sometimes if he knows the game. By contrast, for all his buffoonery on the sidelines, Buzz is respectful and actually has perceptive things to say about the game in his pressers.

I'm shocked at how much stock people put in press conferences. I would bet anything that Kaleb and Buss are laughing over JB's comments because they're pretty funny.

head coach is responsible for recruiting and for building his team. injuries and early entries are part of the equation. buck stops there.

Here's the thing - the argument is always, "JB has been doing this for a long time, enough already!"

But, ya know...he's been doing it for a long time. These kids know what the deal is. They know what JB is going to say, and they know he's going to be snarky and sarcastic with his comments. I'm also guessing they know that a 10 minute press conference doesn't encompass his true thoughts on any of them.

I'm shocked at how much stock people put in press conferences. I would bet anything that Kaleb and Buss are laughing over JB's comments because they're pretty funny.
I'd take that bet. These kids have feelings. It's the coach that is steely hard. His record speaks for itself, but a people person, he is not. Read "Color Him Orange", and it will all make sense.

head coach is responsible for recruiting and for building his team. injuries and early entries are part of the equation. buck stops there.

True, but even the best run businesses can't plan for every single contingency and sometimes you just have to ride out a storm. Notwithstanding the off court issues, this is just one year. It's a perfect storm.

kuethstheman said:
Nobody that wouldn't have transferred out.

Why would they have transferred out? They would have had plenty of minutes.

so we lost chris mcculough to injury . the same guy JB slammed every PC . if JB didn't see jerami or tyler jumping then that's on him.

Those teams with Keita were just awful. Great student, great person, great leader.
So you're saying being a key member of teams that combined to go 119-27 and never finished a season ranked outside the top 16 nationally is kind of alright?

Just watched it...it reads WAY worse than what it was.

He's just saying Patterson needs to drive and kick or drive to the hole.
He can't make 3s and he's hurting the team forcing them
And the numbers back that up. Buss has made 3 of his last 24 three point attempts.

That's just giving away possessions at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom