JB absolutely killing Patterson and Kaleb in the PC | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

JB absolutely killing Patterson and Kaleb in the PC

Just watched it...it reads WAY worse than what it was.

He's just saying Patterson needs to drive and kick or drive to the hole.
He can't make 3s and he's hurting the team forcing them
What he said was based on truth but he basically spent a minute and a half saying Buss was an idiot.

I have been a tremendously loyal fan of Boeheim because of what he has done for SU basketball. I don't believe I have ever made any disparaging remarks against him on this board (so long as I can remember, but then again, I do like beer). However, for whatever reason, this press conference hit a nerve. I'm not sure why because it was more of the same. I guess it's because I was so hyped up after a game that I thought we would surely lose, a game we absolutely had to win, and mixed in there is all the NCAA crap - then to hear our HOF coach just kick around a couple of our players was a bit much for me this evening. Kaleb, well... that I can get by on but when he raised his voice and got animated over Patterson's dream of making 3's, that really hit me. I don't want to say too much more because I feel very fortunate as an SU fan for everything Boeheim has done for the program, but that display showed more about his need for attention and to try to make people chuckle than anything else. Say what you want, but that was absolutely uncalled for. I know we have had these debates before, but his comment about Patterson only being in there because the other guy (Kaleb) can't play D, was over the top. I'm still a big Coach B supporter but just disappointed in him tonight.

Why's he going after Ron's neck? He provided a great spark today... Just completely disregard TCs 2-13 night from three?

Ron had a couple of layups/dunks but he was a disaster out there. Bad turnovers, airballs, defensive lapses. We should know by now that Cooney gets a free pass on this year's team which he probably should since there are no other options.

I love the coaches really I do, but

8-10 minutes left in the game we take the ball inside 4 possessions get 4 fouls and its a 3 point game. VT with 4 fouls 3, and 3 on three of their best players. Then what do we do?? Jack up 5 threes, REALLY?? :bang:
Very next play xmas fouls out the guy with 5, and we get to the line every possession we want from that possession on. We should have won by 8, crunch time is the wrong point in the game to make that mistake.
I watched it all happen and nearly broke my tv after the first three went up screaming WHY?

Still love em, everyone misses something sometimes.

Last edited:

8-10 minutes left in the game we take the ball inside 4 possessions get 4 fouls and its a 3 point game. VT with 4 fouls 3, and 3 on three of their best players. Then what do we do?? Jack up 5 threes, REALLY?? :bang:
Very next play xmas fouls out the guy with 5, and we get to the line every possession we want from that possession on. We should have won by 8, crunch time is the wrong point in the game to make that mistake.
I watched it all happen and nearly broke my tv after the first three went up screaming WHY?

Late game situations (this year especially) and execution leaves much to be desired. VTech also had two guys foul out and another guy injured.

He's right. They had some really bad turnovers tonight and some bad defensive lapses as well. Joseph is just not improving.
good post Gbinije on his passes to BJ and that one late to rak :bat:
VT had 3 players foul out.

VT shot the ball well from outside to balence raks inside scoring, they put the ball in the sweetspot for their spot up shooters time after time. There goes the advantage.
Teams are much better against the 2-3 this day and age. They get angels from heaven or whatever, they find a way to score.

Last edited:

Good post, but your TV sounds weak, not like a closer. TVs like those of a Syracuse fan may possibly need to be a little stronger, like their fans. They also may be suited for an insurance policy, like some of the fans.

good post Gbinije on his passes to BJ and that one late to rak :bat:

VT shot the ball well from outside to balence raks inside scoring, they put the ball in the sweetspot for their spot up shooters time after time. There goes the advantage.
Teams are much better against the 2-3 this day and age. They get angels from heaven or whatever, they find a way to score.

Yeah VA Tech was solid til almost the end. How ironic is that our beloved press against a bunch of guards is the difference in the game. It was like VA Tech was playing Louisville, lol!! That late terrible pass to Rak prompted Welsh to say, "That's something you learn in junior high school."

Good post, but your TV sounds weak, not like a closer. TVs like those of a Syracuse fan may possibly need to be a little stronger, like their fans. They also may be suited for an insurance policy, like some of the fans.
sounds like a buisness starter in syracuse ny, heck every tv in syracuse should be forced by the law to be painted orange.

He's an insecure guy, and wants everyone to know the struggles aren't his fault.

That's how I see it. He should be above that at this point. He's as close to bullet-proof as a coach can be. Take all the bullets and stop throwing your kids under the bus!
JB is an insecure guy!!?? What an unbelievable statement. :crazy:

JB is an insecure guy!!?? What an unbelievable statement. :crazy:

Well, think of what they say about certain hot chicks being insecure behind a facade. It's hard to be certain about such things with a lot of people, and I think OrangeDW points toward evidence to back his claim. I don't claim to know, but I'm not sure either argument is worthy of mockery at this moment.

Happens everywhere with early departures, it's a piss poor excuse.
Not those 2 guys. Most coaches know who is leaving early b/4 the season starts. Ennis just blew up. Grant would have been a star this year and into the late 1st round, if not higher. That was the plan.

At one point he was yelling to make his point, had me and the wife rolling.

"Im 70 years old and I can shoot 15%" "15%!"

"Ya know Ronnie, he just unfortunately believes he can make 3's, I dont know why he believes that, there's no reason he should believe that."

"he continues to prove every night and every day that he cant"

"He has to be in the game because the other guy isnt playing defense"
"Hes in the game because we have to have 5 guys out there"

"I can shoot 15% right now, I'm 70 years old, I can shoot 15%.
Soon he will be with Coleman in the stands saying who recruited these players?

Calling these guys out in the PC isn't going to make them hit open shots. So what's the point? IMO Patterson was good tonight. He played good defense, much better than Kaleb. He brings energy. He had several good passes to set up buckets for others. He finished at the rim. Yeah he missed a couple of open 3's. So did everyone else.
Perhaps he has repeatedly told them privately not to do things, but they continue to do them, so this is the next step.
Perhaps Thomas Bryant needs a scholarship

SoBeCuse said:
Ron had a couple of layups/dunks but he was a disaster out there. Bad turnovers, airballs, defensive lapses.

That was actually Gbinije up until the final minute. He was the only guy to airball 3 passes out of bounds.

The whole team looked pretty crappy last night.

Last edited:
Patterson was recruited as a stop-gap. He was never expected to be a big contributor.

Perhaps he has repeatedly told them privately not to do things, but they continue to do them, so this is the next step.
Perhaps Thomas Bryant needs a scholarship

The first part of this.

Boeheim probably told Ron not to shoot 3's just like he told Fab not to shoot jumpers. Boeheim (any coach) doesn't like it when players don't listen.

Not those 2 guys. Most coaches know who is leaving early b/4 the season starts. Ennis just blew up. Grant would have been a star this year and into the late 1st round, if not higher. That was the plan.
including transfers? Theres 3 on this team that even if the NCAA does nil would not surprise me if they left. No names.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom