JB absolutely killing Patterson and Kaleb in the PC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB absolutely killing Patterson and Kaleb in the PC

Calling these guys out in the PC isn't going to make them hit open shots. So what's the point? IMO Patterson was good tonight. He played good defense, much better than Kaleb. He brings energy. He had several good passes to set up buckets for others. He finished at the rim. Yeah he missed a couple of open 3's. So did everyone else.

He's an insecure guy, and wants everyone to know the struggles aren't his fault.

That's how I see it. He should be above that at this point. He's as close to bullet-proof as a coach can be. Take all the bullets and stop throwing your kids under the bus!

JeremyCuse said:
Hes spoke his mind in his PC's his entire career thats just his MO. Its not going to change.

I'm completely aware of that.

I hate that he does it though.

Agreed...but...Kaleb was supposed to play behind Ennis...McC to play behind DeJuan and Grant, and Patterson was just supposed to wave a towel.

I'm really, really tired of excuses. The McC crap is complete horse crap, the hype JB himself gave the kid made it sound like he was playing Day 1 no matter what. Joseph, fine, whatever, even though I don't know why a Top 100 kid is playing THIS bad his freshman year. And for Patterson? I was unaware Syracuse is supposed to be a program that recruits towel wavers. If Patterson is this bad as a sophomore, how good exactly was he supposed to be as a junior? Was he just going to make a meteoric leap? If you can't play serviceable minutes as a sophomore then what the hell have you been doing for a year and a half?

OrangeDW said:
He's an insecure guy, and wants everyone to know the struggles aren't his fault. That's how I see it. He should be above that at this point. He's as close to bullet-proof as a coach can be. Take all the bullets and stop throwing your kids under the bus!

I think JB needs to spend a little more time on the recruiting trail and not let his assistants do all the heavy lifting.

Calling these guys out in the PC isn't going to make them hit open shots. So what's the point? IMO Patterson was good tonight. He played good defense, much better than Kaleb. He brings energy. He had several good passes to set up buckets for others. He finished at the rim. Yeah he missed a couple of open 3's. So did everyone else.

I think he is just frustrated right now, with everything that has happened with this program in the last few months.

How many stars was that Bibbs kid for VT? He's a true freshman, and he can play ... at least against us.

Hes the exception not the norm, how bout their young 7 footer who fouled out in about 3 minutes. Some guys are ready and some need some additional time.

How many stars was that Bibbs kid for VT? He's a true freshman, and he can play ... at least against us.
Bibbs went to Montverde and was the 85th ranked player by 24/7 composite rankings. Joseph was ranked Top 50 in those rankings.

I'm really, really tired of excuses. The McC crap is complete horse crap, the hype JB himself gave the kid made it sound like he was playing Day 1 no matter what. Joseph, fine, whatever, even though I don't know why a Top 100 kid is playing THIS bad his freshman year. And for Patterson? I was unaware Syracuse is supposed to be a program that recruits towel wavers. If Patterson is this bad as a sophomore, how good exactly was he supposed to be as a junior? Was he just going to make a meteoric leap? If you can't play serviceable minutes as a sophomore then what the hell have you been doing for a year and a half?

The staff is down 4 kids they fully thought they would have. In hoops that's a lot.

Life happens.

Hes the exception not the norm, how bout their young 7 footer who fouled out in about 3 minutes. Some guys are ready and some need some additional time.

And, despite as annoying as Buzz is, I doubt that he ripped the 7-footer in his post-game presser.

The staff is down 4 kids they fully thought they would have. In hoops that's a lot.

Life happens.

Exactly, Patterson is only playing because there is literally no one else, he and BJ have already been recruited over. I dont understand why this is so hard for people to see. No Ennis, No Grant, No Coleman, No Cmac, and Joseph is playing like a true frosh.

I think JB needs to spend a little more time on the recruiting trail and not let his assistants do all the heavy lifting.

What are you talking about? The recruiting classes have been great, the problem has been guys leaving early who shouldn't have, and injuries. Put Ennis and Cmc on this team and we are talking about winning the acc.

And, despite as annoying as Buzz is, I doubt that he ripped the 7-footer in his post-game presser.

So what? JB has always spoke his mind in his PC's. For me its actually refreshing to get honest thoughts instead of the usual coach speak BS. I know some people don't like it, if that is the case then avoid the PC.

The 7 footer is a 3 star who grew 2 inches. He has an excuse.

JeremyCuse said:
The #4 recruiting class next year, hard to argue against the recruiting efforts.

Jeremy, I think you may be a little disappointed.

I'd expect a class like that to contribute right away. But I'll be surprised if any of them play much.

JeremyCuse said:
Exactly, Patterson is only playing because there is literally no one else, he and BJ have already been recruited over. I dont understand why this is so hard for people to see. No Ennis, No Grant, No Coleman, No Cmac, and Joseph is playing like a true frosh.

All the more reason why it's kinda lousy to rip kids who are clearly playing big minutes before they should be.

Briancuse said:
What are you talking about? The recruiting classes have been great, the problem has been guys leaving early who shouldn't have, and injuries. Put Ennis and Cmc on this team and we are talking about winning the acc.

The class with Ennis is great?

BJ?

Patterson?

Roberson?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online