JB and Bryant coach got into it after the game | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

JB and Bryant coach got into it after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
If things happen In vacuums, maybe.
But from their point of view, we were the a*hoLes. Mintz started the whole magila. JBA escalated. From then on, they had a different set of motivations. We started the disrespect. They ended it.
No way. Their kid shoved Mintz before the slap.

Then their kid slapped Mintz WAY harder than the little tap he gave, and also did it from behind - which got the benches clearing. What Mintz did was not remotely a bench clearer.

Then their idiot kids taking their jerseys off and yelling at the crowd. Their coach yelling at the crowd.

They were a bunch of scrubs. Led by a scrub.

If things happen In vacuums, maybe.
But from their point of view, we were the a*hoLes. Mintz started the whole magila. JBA escalated. From then on, they had a different set of motivations. We started the disrespect. They ended it.
The dude on the ground kicked at Mintz after the play and then Edert shoved him.

E: Also their walkons and maybe their strength coach were jawing at fans in the courtside seats. At one point, one of them flagged down the attention of a security usher and pointed at the fans and the usher stared at them blankly for a second and then went to his spot on the court. Didn't even glance at the Syracuse fans the Bryant B!Tchz tried tattling on.

Holy, I always thought he was older at the time

Folks, what are we doing here?
There is no chance JB makes it ugly and says we screwed him over or anything he’s 78 and stayed too long to coach his kids. It’ll be mutual you can’t fire someone who is 78.

I think the entire world knowing the job is opening up is a great thing it will be on everyone who’s looking for a better jobs radar. Guys like Underwood and Oats will be upset if they don’t get an offer.

No way. Their kid shoved Mintz before the slap.

Then their kid slapped Mintz WAY harder than the little tap he gave, and also did it from behind - which got the benches clearing. What Mintz did was not remotely a bench clearer.

Then their idiot kids taking their jerseys off and yelling at the crowd. Their coach yelling at the crowd.

They were a bunch of scrubs. Led by a scrub.
Mintz got shoved because of what happened before he got shoved.

And I wouldn’t expect the person who got ’lightly slapped’ to reciprocate with equal force. That would have been odd.

You’re right—Mintz’ hit wasn’t a benchclearer. It was the offense that was the escalating event—the thing that crossed the line. A push? You can walk away from that, even come back and shake hands. A slap— of any kind—is a declaration. And it marks the slappee as the ’b***h.’ Remember back in olden times, how if you were declaring a feud, you’d put on a white glove and slap someone almost ceremonially? When you do it in front of a Dome crowd of 33,000… I mean 23,000… okay, so, maybe 13,000? Well, that’s emasculating. And a demonstrative move of provocation. How many people would walk away from that? We’ve seen over the past few months how it made a victim of Chris Rock.

It was a doosh move by Mintz. Edert had to retaliate.

And for all the people who label him this or that for his hasty retreat, imagine you’re 6’2” and engaged in a physical confrontation with someone your size and then out of your peripheral you see 6’9” burst toward you. Standing there would have been stupid. Kermit Washington v Rudy Tomjanovich comes to mind….

I kinda doubt their team just decided to yell at our crowd for no reason. They were responding. Which isn’t ’smart,’ maybe, but it’s human.

And I wouldn’t expect the person who got ’lightly slapped’ to reciprocate with equal force. That would have been odd.

You’re right—Mintz’ hit wasn’t a benchclearer. It was the offense that was the escalating event—the thing that crossed the line. A push? You can walk away from that, even come back and shake hands. A slap— of any kind—is a declaration. And it marks the slappee as the ’b***h.’ Remember back in olden times, how if you were declaring a feud, you’d put on a white glove and slap someone almost ceremonially? When you do it in front of a Dome crowd of 33,000… I mean 23,000… okay, so, maybe 13,000? Well, that’s emasculating. And a demonstrative move of provocation. How many people would walk away from that? We’ve seen over the past few months how it made a victim of Chris Rock.

And for all the people who label him this or that for his hasty retreat, imagine you’re 6’2” and engaged in a physical confrontation with someone your size and then out of your peripheral you see 6’9” burst toward you. Standing there would have been stupid. Kermit Washington v Rudy Tomjanovich comes to mind….

I kinda doubt their team just decided to yell at our crowd for no reason. They were responding. Which isn’t ’smart,’ maybe, but it’s human.
So, to recap:
1. you're okay with Edert starting the incident by coming to the defense of a teammate, by shoving Mintz in the shoulder area;
2. you are not okay with Mintz retaliating on Edert with a slap to the face;
3. you are okay with Edert taking a wild swing at Mintz, and connecting with the side of Mintz's face/head; and
4. Notwithstanding Item 1 above, Edert should not have expected a Syracuse teammate to come to Mintz's defense, and him scurrying away like a timid mouse should be applauded.

Makes sense.

Edit: Do you honestly think that Bryant was innocent in all of this, and didn't initiate any of the yapping?

So, to recap:
1. you're okay with Edert starting the incident by coming to the defense of a teammate, by shoving Mintz in the shoulder area;
2. you are not okay with Mintz retaliating on Edert with a slap to the face;
3. you are okay with Edert taking a wild swing at Mintz, and connecting with the side of Mintz's face/head; and
4. Notwithstanding Item 1 above, Edert should not have expected a Syracuse teammate to come to Mintz's defense, and him scurrying away like a timid mouse should be applauded.

Makes sense.

Edit: Do you honestly think that Bryant was innocent in all of this, and didn't initiate any of the yapping?
1. Edert didn’t “start” anything.
2. Correct.
3. “Okay with” isn’t appropriate language. I said i understand it and that it was a human, not abnormal response and that it only happened as a response.
4. At what point did you think Edert assessed the situation far enough to “expect” a huge man to sprint at him? Secondly, you ignore logic with the characterization of Edert. Firstly, what Mintz did was ‘mousey.’ Whatever—Edert got the hell out of the way of what he reasonably could have “expected” to be a haymaker by a much larger man. What would You have done? Honestly.

No one is applauding anyone. Don‘t just make stuff up.

No one said Bryant was innocent, either. And I have no way of knowing who ‘initiated any of the yapping.’ We don’t have the technology. Yapping happens all game, every game, from both sides.

The point is that one player took an ordinary situation and escalated it to a fight by slapping someone in the face, and you’re defending that. You’re “okay with what Mintz did?”

2. Correct.
3. “Okay with” isn’t appropriate language. I said i understand it and that it was a human, not abnormal response and that it only happened as a response.
4. At what point did you think Edert assessed the situation far enough to “expect” a huge man to sprint at him? Secondly, you ignore logic with the characterization of Edert. Firstly, what Mintz did was ‘mousey.’ Whatever—Edert got the hell out of the way of what he reasonably could have “expected” to be a haymaker by a much larger man. What would You have done? Honestly.

No one said Bryant was innocent, either. And I have no way of knowing who ‘initiated any of the yapping.’ We don’t have the technology. Yapping happens all game, every game, from both sides.

The point is that one player took an ordinary situation and escalated it to a fight by slapping someone in the face, and you’re defending that. You’re “okay with what Mintz did?”
Bryant’s got a history. We don’t.

I’d say it was 75% their fault.

They started it, they overreacted the hardest, they pulled all the fake tough guy antics of hitting and running and then pretending to want to fight from a safe distance even though they just ran away, and at the end were the ones doing all the posturing, pulling the jerseys off, playing to the crowd, etc.

Scrubs.

What happened before he got shoved was a player that successfully drew a charge tried to kick Mintz from his back.

I'd rather Mintz didn't react the way he did, because it hurt the team. But based on everything I saw, and how their fans conducted themselves last year in the NEC tournament, yeah, I'm okay with it. Screw them, their team, their coach, and their fans.

2. Correct.

I love how you're just dismissing Edert's shove to Mintz (which did, in FACT, start the situation between the two) as an "ordinary situation". The shove, in and of itself, warranted a technical foul.

If I hit someone, I fully except hell to break loose. I put hands on someone, and I expect repercussions.

You yourself said that "I kinda doubt their team just decided to yell at our crowd for no reason. They were responding." Sounds to me that you're saying that the guys on the Bryant bench were just innocent bystanders.

I'm not at all defending Mintz's actions. He acted foolishly, and was punished accordingly. The defense by you of Edert's actions as a "human response" is bizarre to me.

What happened before he got shoved was a player that successfully drew a charge tried to kick Mintz from his back.

I'd rather Mintz didn't react the way he did, because it hurt the team. But based on everything I saw, and how their fans conducted themselves last year in the NEC tournament, yeah, I'm okay with it. Screw them, their team, their coach, and their fans.
I think Zelda is willfully ignoring Bryant's recent track record.

I don’t think there’s a point in arguing those little bits. I saw Mintz drag his foot over the guy on the floor. I don’t know if there was a kick from him, or if it was in response to Mintz’ foot. Or to anything that was said or done prior to that. All I know is that what Mintz did was the thing that crossed The Line.

I love how you're just dismissing Edert's shove to Mintz (which did, in FACT, start the situation between the two) as an "ordinary situation". The shove, in and of itself, warranted a technical foul.

If I hit someone, I fully except hell to break loose. I put hands on someone, and I expect repercussions.

You yourself said that "I kinda doubt their team just decided to yell at our crowd for no reason. They were responding." Sounds to me that you're saying that the guys on the Bryant bench were just innocent bystanders.

I'm not at all defending Mintz's actions. He acted foolishly, and was punished accordingly. The defense by you of Edert's actions as a "human response" is bizarre to me.
I don’t even count that as a shove. And as I said, it was in response to what Mintz did prior. Did Edert get a tech for that “shove?” Looked like a ‘get off my player on the floor’ thing which happens all the time.

I‘m also not getting into crowd responses and jabbering. We don’t know what was said or by whom. But, yeah, it seems disingenuous and non-objective to assume it was one side’s fault, and that side just happens to be ‘the other guys.’

I don’t even count that as a shove. And as I said, it was in response to what Mintz did prior. Did Edert get a tech for that “shove?” Looked like a ‘get off my player on the floor’ thing which happens all the time.

I‘m also not getting into crowd responses and jabbering. We don’t know what was said or by whom. But, yeah, it seems disingenuous and non-objective to assume it was one side’s fault, and that side just happens to be ‘the other guys.’
Ok...no point in continuing this discussion further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom