JB and Bryant coach got into it after the game | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

JB and Bryant coach got into it after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I wasn’t there. Only saw on TV. I didn’t see any players that were ejected on the floor. Doesn’t mean that didn’t happen, I just didn’t see it. But Jim was giving it to the kid that hit that game winner #3, because he was busy celebrating after the win then coming over and shaking hands. And that is what JB was giving it to him. The “get of my lawn” talk. The kid had every right to celebrate. He hit a game winning shot in the dome to beat Syracuse. As much as we are down; mid majors don’t expect to come in and win and they were excited. Then Jim tried to tell the Bryant coach to coach his kids and make them be respectful. To which I’m sure he was annoyed because Mintz is really the one that started everything. So it seems a little crazy for JB to be criticizing a kid not on his team when his own player slapped a kid.

Mintz is young. Stuff happens, need to learn from it. But you can’t act as you are high and mighty and be mad that kids are celebrating when earlier in the game your kid got reckless. But I suspect the same will happen to Bryant that happened to Bonaventure and UB.

To be fair now I understand why he talked to the Bryant coach after the game and I’d never play Bryant ever again
I thought he said he would never play Bryant again after the last game.

To be fair now I understand why he talked to the Bryant coach after the game and I’d never play Bryant ever again
We’re running out of garbage teams to play, seems like every team we play that is a mid major JB or the fans have a problem with.

exactly take care of business and beat teams like Bryant. Jb should be apologizing for the half arse effort his team game and for the lousy job he has done the last ten years with this program.
I don't think his team gave a half ass effort at all. They tried as hard as they could. They aren't good enough. Plus, they played without their best player and one of their next best players. That isn't a fair comment at all.

I mean I wasn’t there. Only saw on TV. I didn’t see any players that were ejected on the floor. Doesn’t mean that didn’t happen, I just didn’t see it. But Jim was giving it to the kid that hit that game winner #3, because he was busy celebrating after the win then coming over and shaking hands. And that is what JB was giving it to him. The “get of my lawn” talk. The kid had every right to celebrate. He hit a game winning shot in the dome to beat Syracuse. As much as we are down; mid majors don’t expect to come in and win and they were excited. Then Jim tried to tell the Bryant coach to coach his kids and make them be respectful. To which I’m sure he was annoyed because Mintz is really the one that started everything. So it seems a little crazy for JB to be criticizing a kid not on his team when his own player slapped a kid.

Mintz is young. Stuff happens, need to learn from it. But you can’t act as you are high and mighty and be mad that kids are celebrating when earlier in the game your kid got reckless. But I suspect the same will happen to Bryant that happened to Bonaventure and UB.
I sit in the corner by the visiting bench on the first level. Here is what I saw. After they hit the winning shot, they were huddled up. The one walk on who was talking back and forth with the fans at the end of the bench after the fight (which sometimes looked good natured, at other times not so much) was gesturing to the coach and to someone in the tunnel. It looked like he was trying to communicate something to their coaches. Then he made a "come here" motion several times to someone in the tunnel. Then the player ran into the tunnel for a few seconds, and came back out to the bench. It looked like they were communicating "you guys are coming out, you earned this, too."

At this point I could see what looked like an assistant coach or trainer with two dudes in street clothes that looked like 2 of the 3 players that were ejected (Tyler Brelsford and Kvon Kramer). When the buzzer sounded they came out of the tunnel and over to the Bryant bench and celebration.

I watched the handshake line closer than usual because I suspected there might be fireworks. There was real bad energy in the building and I wouldn't be surprised if there were some incident with their fans after the game. It looked like Boeheim was having a heated conversation with one of the Bryant players and to my amateur lip-reading it looked like JB said "Why are you/he out here?" in response to seeing the ejected players. Then it looked like he approached their Coach and pointed at several Bryant players while looking visibly angry. It was clearly not a cordial chat and the two parted ways.

I gave the Bryant team and their fans a double-birded salute and headed home.

I sit in the corner by the visiting bench on the first level. Here is what I saw. After they hit the winning shot, they were huddled up. The one walk on who was talking back and forth with the fans at the end of the bench after the fight (which sometimes looked good natured, at other times not so much) was gesturing to the coach and to someone in the tunnel. It looked like he was trying to communicate something to their coaches. Then he made a "come here" motion several times to someone in the tunnel. Then the player ran into the tunnel for a few seconds, and came back out to the bench. It looked like they were communicating "you guys are coming out, you earned this, too."

At this point I could see what looked like an assistant coach or trainer with two dudes in street clothes that looked like 2 of the 3 players that were ejected (Tyler Brelsford and Kvon Kramer). When the buzzer sounded they came out of the tunnel and over to the Bryant bench and celebration.

I watched the handshake line closer than usual because I suspected there might be fireworks. There was real bad energy in the building and I wouldn't be surprised if there were some incident with their fans after the game. It looked like Boeheim was having a heated conversation with one of the Bryant players and to my amateur lip-reading it looked like JB said "Who are you/he out here?" in response to seeing the ejected players. Then it looked like he approached their Coach and pointed at several Bryant players while looking visibly angry. It was clearly not a cordial chat and the two parted ways.

And so begins the great Bryant vs Syracuse Rivalry!

I watched the handshake line closer than usual because I suspected there might be fireworks. There was real bad energy in the building and I wouldn't be surprised if there were some incident with their fans after the game. It looked like Boeheim was having a heated conversation with one of the Bryant players and to my amateur lip-reading it looked like JB said "Who are you/he out here?" in response to seeing the ejected players. Then it looked like he approached their Coach and pointed at several Bryant players while looking visibly angry. It was clearly not a cordial chat and the two parted ways.

Thanks for the summary. Based on other details that have been reported, this seems like a very accurate portrayal.

If a guest is being disrespectful in your house, you have every right to call them out for out. It's the ONE thing he did do well tonight IMHO.
If things happen In vacuums, maybe.
But from their point of view, we were the a*hoLes. Mintz started the whole magila. JBA escalated. From then on, they had a different set of motivations. We started the disrespect. They ended it.

Believe me, I'd rather it was the old days and we could beat a team like Bryant with our bench. But I always support behavior getting called so credit where credit is due. Good job, JB.
Except for Bell and prematurely fouled out Jesse, we were playing our bench. Can not wait for someone to point out Joe was out there.

We will never intentionally play them nor Colgate again.
I am not sure how we avoid playing Colgate. Don't we play them every year? "Sorry, we aren't playing you because you beat us twice."

I don't think his team gave a half ass effort at all. They tried as hard as they could. They aren't good enough. Plus, they played without their best player and one of their next best players. That isn't a fair comment at all.
Exactly. And we’re gonna have a hard time playing with Peter Carey as backup center (at this point in his career). We need rim protection. If Jesse doesn’t get into foul trouble (again) and Hima is available, we very likely squeak out a win (even without Judah).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom