JB and Roberson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB and Roberson

then in the second half, we start making a run with TT out there scoring at will...for some weird reason, TT gets taken out..and the run is over, and another VT run starts. i dont get it

Probably because Taurean has the lateral agility of a pole on defense, which leads to about a billion dunks by VT. And when Thompson is playing, he has to play center, which forces Lydon to play the wing. A position he has shown to be worse at in the zone. Combine this with the fact Lydon wasn't moving well, and he has a better chance of moving less defensively at the center position than on the wing. So when he plays center, Roberson plays the wing.

you are pretty clueless if u think roberson is any good
Roberson is the heart and soul of this team, like Cooney has been in previous years. Being good, and being one of if not the most important player is not the same. He changes games in ways that others can't even dream of. Against Pitt, he was our best player and had like 4 points.

looking at the body language, no way that JB said anything like that to Robbie
It's plain as day from the video i posted. If you read deaf Geoff and then watch the video clip it's exactly what he said. No big deal. Roby can take it. He'll play great vs. BC

I wonder what TTs +\- is on the year? Negative 5000?!?

when TT was not playing, the automatic deuce by the cutter under the bucket continued unabated.

TT either has to guard under the bucket or take the guy at the line. he cant do both.

ok, so now the masses are claiming that because I mentioned that a couple plays were huge with regards to momentum, other plays could not also be big in this regard. false logic

Not false logic at all. Team as a whole had a bunch of turnovers tonight that did not help us. Unfortunately, that's basketball and they happen. We had some bad ones that hurt our chances- by Tyler and the rest of the team.

when TT was not playing, the automatic deuce by the cutter under the bucket continued unabated.

TT either has to guard under the bucket or take the guy at the line. he cant do both.
He has to guard the guy at the line. But he needs Lydon to play the wing. Lydon should play nothing but the 5.

Lol JB is such a joke. Didn't watch tonight bc I was in Orlando. Glad I didn't. Saw people blaming Gillon, injuries, and refs. Never is it ever this guy who runs nothing offensively
Good of you to decide that JB is the one at fault when you didn't even see the game. Your act is getting repetitious and very boring.

we get that you don't like roberson. but he's the least of our problems tonite. double double.

A lot in garbage time, but I do agree that he wasn't the main reason for our loss, you'd think he was the reason for the loss after that video clip.

Last edited:

Right now he can't do either. He is really, really bad on defense. Very good on offense. Very bad on defense. The good news is he will only get better.

Right now he can't do either. He is really, really bad on defense. Very good on offense. Very bad on defense. The good news is he will only get better.
He literally might be the worst defender in Cuse history.

Does anyone ever think JB yells at Roberson because he can take it and he's the most athletic player in the team? There's no reason why he shouldn't produce every game like he did Saturday if he brings the effort.

He might be inconsistent (though not more than several others) but I don't know why we keep questioning his effort when all I see is him giving the most effort on the team every game. I must be blind.
He doesn't always give great effort. It comes and goes. I didn't see the first half but most of his stats were garbage time.

I want to make a few quick points to clarify my opinion because I realize I came off as pissed.

1) I like JB, but sometimes he focuses on the wrong things. I feel like his defensive mechanism is to go right to Roberson and start yelling because he knows he can take it whereas we clearly have some softies on this team.

2) I think Thompson is a stud on offense but he needs more time in the back of our zone. At best we are a wash with him out there. Next year, he will be fantastic.

3) JB always has a dog, and comes off ornery. Not a good look to high school players. With that being said, he will go to bat for his guys, we all know that. Still, not everyone follows Cuse like we do, and to some recruits who don't remember the 2006 Big East Tournament, he must look like a **** sometimes.

Does anyone ever think JB yells at Roberson because he can take it and he's the most athletic player in the team? There's no reason why he shouldn't produce every game like he did Saturday if he brings the effort.
I think JB thinks he's wasting his talent and frustrated he can't get it out of him. JB has asked him repeatedly to play a certain way. Robey bucks that trying to do what people tell him to do in order to make the league.

Was -16 the last two games when we won by a combined 26 and he played like all of 10 minutes.

Eh that stat is misleading a lot. Huge grain of salt. That said... it becomes more relevant imo the less guys you play.

Not jabbing you personally but you watch other coaches light players up right?

Of course. But not the way JB constantly rides Roberson. Not to mention the times he rides him just because he's frustrated with something/someone else.

I think JB thinks he's wasting his talent and frustrated he can't get it out of him. JB has asked him repeatedly to play a certain way. Robey bucks that trying to do what people tell him to do in order to make the league.

I hear this so much too. Says who?

Eh that stat is misleading a lot. Huge grain of salt. That said... it becomes more relevant imo the less guys you play.

I think it's pretty telling when we only played 6 guys the past two games. Tonight was a totally different scenario. He had to play cause Lydon was hurt and ineffective and Roberson was in foul trouble.

bring me off the bench behind a lesser frosh who can't play D and i've have a little attitude too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom